Ororo had gotten through the rest of the day just fine, thank goodness, she wasn't sure she would be able to after her encounter with Logan, but she survived, barely. She had done everything on her mental To-Do lists, or nearly all of it, she could hardly remember her own name, much less if she had done all that needed doing, although she made sure that all the most important things were taken care of. After her practice session with Bobby Drake, she had just enough time to shower and dress before she went to meet Logan, she picked out a cherry red halter top that she had bought at the mall one day when she went there with Jubilee and Rogue and she had never gotten the opportunity to wear it, and she took out some comfortable black pants to put on, too. That being done, she decided on going barefoot tonight, there was no reason to wear shoes tonight, so she pulled her hair up in a clip, put on some lip gloss and eyeliner, and made her way downstairs. On her way down, she was joined by a younger mutant, Kitty Pryde, who took one look at her and said, "Ooh, Storm, you look nice tonight, are you meeting anyone special?" Kitty's tone was half-jesting and half-serious, but Ororo replied simply with, "I'm just going down to catch up with Logan, he's back, if you didn't notice" Kitty took this as bait, her prodding and joking becoming more and more consistant. "What, he's not special in your eyes?" Kitty teased, "I thought you had it bad for him, that you had the hotts for him, ya know what I mean?" Now that caught Ororo off guard, she knew Kitty was probably bluffing, and just trying to see how long it would take her to get told to shut up, but that had come as a surprise!! "Wh-what did you say??" Ororo stammered, she was shaken, she hadn't thought it was so obvious that she had feelings for Logan. "Is-is it that obvious, Kitty?" Ororo asked her, she didn't care if the young woman was just joking, it was out of her mouth before she could stop herself, and she was almost at the bottom of the stairs. Kitty's eyes widened, she hadn't planned on being right, she was just giving her older companion a hard time, so Ororo's answer shocked her, when her ability to speak had returned, Kitty blurted out, "Whoa, there, I was right?!? I was ACTUALLY RIGHT?!? Storm, this is big, this is SO big, I can't believe you actually feel that way about Logan!!" Now it was Ororo's turn to widen her eyes, "Shh...I'm telling you, Kitty, not the whole world." Her eyes dropped and she stared at her bare feet, "Besides, he doesn't feel that way about me, he couldn't...it's just not possible..." She nearly whispered those last words, tears forming in her pretty brown eyes, and Kitty immediatly regretted even bringing up the subject, her lovely facial features sofetning as she tried to comfort Ororo, saying, "Oh, don't say that, Storm, you'll never know unless you give it a try. For all you know, he could feel the same way about you and is just unable to find the right words to voice his feelings." Kitty was now near tears herself, wishing she could take back whatever she said that caused Ororo's reaction. Ororo looked at the clock nearby and cursed, "Shit, it's almost five, I've got to go, Kitty, thank you for talking to me." The younger woman smiled and said, "It's alright, Storm. And don't worry, I won't tell anyone." Ororo hugged her young friend and then opened the door to the sitting room she and Logan were to meet in.

When Ororo entered the sitting room, Logan couldn't take his eyes off her. She was so beautiful. She had her hair up and away from her face, while a few white strands of hair fell near her eyes, oh, God, those deep brown eyes, they were even more radiant than usual, they seemed to light up when she saw him, and her smile was even more To-Die-For than it was every other day he had seen it for the past few years. His love for her was now inevitable, he didn't know why he had never seen it before, so why couldn't he just come out and tell her so?? This was getting complicated. Loving Jean was like being in a flash flood, while loving Ororo was like being in a tornado and a hurricane at the same time, Ororo was fierce and gentle at the same time, she was so differnt from Jean, and it seemed as though everyday that passed, his heart belonged less and less to the charming redhead that used to be Jean Grey and it started belonging more and more to the beautiful and kind Ororo Munroe.

Logan blinked, he knew he shouldn't stare at her, so he just looked down at his feet, feeling awkwardly nervous. This wasn't like him, he was usually so calm with 'Ro, he never had any problems talking to her, so he just decided to open his mouth and say something. "You, uh, look...good." Smooth. What the Hell did I say that for?? He wondered. "I mean, you look beautiful. But better than that." Why couldn't he say something at least halfway intellegent? Ororo just smiled that angelic smile, although she looked down at her hands, quite like he did, and she said, "Well, um, th-thank you, thank you, Logan." He motioned for her to take a seat, and she did, greatfully. Seeing what looked liked tears in her eyes, Logan gave her a concerned frown, "Are you okay, 'Ro?" Ororo was shocked, did he sense something was wrong with her?? "No, no, it's nothing, nothing at all" She assured him, she didn't want him to worry about her, as pleasing as that would be. He smiled, "Good." he said, "I don't need you breakin' down on me, 'Ro, you're the strong one, here." Logan looked at his hands again before continuing, "I know you must be mad at me, 'Ro, for taking off, but it was just something I had to do."
"I'm not mad at you."
"You aren't?"
"No."
"Why not?"
Ororo opened her mouth, paused for a second, then closed it, she couldn't tell him how she felt about him, at least not here, not now. Logan took her silence as a contradiction to her statement that she wasn't mad at him. "I shouldn't have come back" he muttered, "You all would probably be better off without me, anyway." Ororo reached out and grabbed his hand, not sure of what she was doing, all she knew was that this was right, she shook her head, "No, no, Logan, don't you ever think that, you know you're always welcome here. We need you." The last part was out before she could stop it, it just slipped out. Logan cocked and eyebrow, he was amused now, "Need me?" Ororo was blushing majorly, she was really red and all she could do was nod her head and look away from him. Logan was finding this very very amusing, and he grinned when he informed Ororo of her red face, "You're blushing" he said, with both eyebrows raised, but his expression changed instantly when he saw the tears clearly in her eyes, he lifted her chin so that her face and his face were at the same level, "Hey." he said softly, "I'm not going anywhere for a long time now, you remember that, 'Ro. Don't start cryin' on me now, Ororo, if you fall apart then this whole school falls apart."

Ororo didn't know what was happening, Logan was going all soft, she was starting to cry, and it seemed as though she and Logan had been transported into a soap opera, this was all too much for her, she wasn't sure how much longer she could keep her feelings to herself. "Logan." she began, "There's something I have to tell you. I can't tell you now, but please, promise me you'll be ready to listen when I can finally say it, please?" Logan was surprised at how extremely honest she was with him, and if he didn't think she'd jolt him off his ass, he'd kiss her then and there, "I promise, 'Ro, my door is always open and you know where to find me." he assured her, and in return she smiled. Just then, there was a knock at the door and Bobby's head popped in, "Uh, Storm?" He said nervously. Ororo smiled and nodded her head for him to continue, "It's, uh, five minutes past eight." Bobby continued. Ororo's eyes widened, she hadn't noticed that it had been three hours since she and Logan had first began talking, "Really?" she asked. "Well, I guess we could just order pizza for dinner tonight. Is that okay with you, Logan?" Logan just nodded, lost in his own thoughts. She smiled, "Okay, then." she said, "Bobby go see if pizza is okay with everyone else." He nodded and closed the door behind him, and Ororo gave Logan a look that said, 'I'll talk to you later' and exited to go find Kitty.

Logan sat there for a few minutes, wondering what exactly had happened in those three hours, then he, too, left and went up to his room, still pondering what had happened.





You must login () to review.