WILD STORM

CHAPTER 3

The Once and Future King



The intense flash of white light could not be missed. Logan and all the others on the grounds were startled at this sudden intrusion in the night.

The light began to intensify temporarily blinding any who stared at it directly, except Cyclops whose glasses not only protected the world from his uncontrollable optic blasts but protected him from all forms of ocular disruptions. As it was he was able to see what was occurring, in that conflagration of light. A figure was materializing in the centre of the intense light, he or she was on one knee, head bent down and back curved. Suddenly the figure looked up and his eyes locked with Cyclops, yes in that gaze he could clearly see it was a He. The stranger’s eyes were a bright sparkling blue that was accentuated by the intense white light around the figure.

To his shock the figures eye colour began to change in a familiar way. There was no time to warn the others, only time to act. He reached for his glasses and tore them off and focusing his mutant ability to convert solar rays and he fired into the light.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Sharp smell of ozone and the loud buzzing sound told Wolverine that Cyclops had fired his optic blast, it was confirmed when he caught the beam in the corner of his eyes and he could clearly trace its trajectory, straight into the heart of that Light.

The intensity of the white Light had eased off a bit and as such he was able to not only follow the blast but he was able to see the counter blast that came from the Light.
Quick thinking One Eye. He thought to himself even as he jumped out of the way. He was also able to see Jean projecting a barrier around herself and the professor and moving them away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Light had knocked her out of her melancholy and reflective mood. It was so bright and clear, almost transforming the night into day. She got up remembering that the others were outside and wanting to find out what was going on. As she made her way to the window she stopped abruptly. There was something wrong. Her connection with the weather was interrupted, and it was then that she felt it. There was another presence vying for control of the weather. Before she was the only one in touch with the planet, a connection deeper than what most could comprehend but now there was another... and the smile that came to her face was one that had not been seen in long time.
"I'm not alone"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean gleaned the situation from Cyclops’s mind and she realised what she had to do. The figure and Cyclops were locked in an optic blast battle but what scared her was that the figure was winning. Not wanting to unleash his full power Scott was trying to contain the figure’s attack. She needed to stop the stranger or a lot of people would get hurt.
“I’m fine Jean, do what you have to do” the Professor mentally said to her.
Jean Grey tapped into the power that she once thought was hers…the Phoenix Force. It was revealed that she was the carrier but the power was not hers, it had only chosen her.

She was going to disable the man and stop him from causing harm to anyone at least that was her intention. It was not to be, because for some reason, the Phoenix powers would not answer her call. The Phoenix Force was being immolated somehow and she quickly realized that it was the figure that was doing it.

“This is bad” she said out loud.
She looked away from the energy battle to see Wolverine edging around the figure and she also saw that the light around the figure had not disappeared but had contracted around him, forming a white flaming aura, occasionally tinged with red and blue streaks.
Storm, we need you! She sent the psychic call to her friend even as Wolverine leapt at the figure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His claws were not extended not wanting to kill the attacker but he was aiming to seriously knock him down. He was not overly worried about the aura although he felt energy and heat in it.
As he passed through it an intense heat claimed him, it was similar to the power he had felt at Alcatraz but it was more potent.

He was frozen in thin air just as his fist was about to land, even though he couldn’t move he was able to see the beams receding. Some power was currently diffusing the situation and it seemed that they were all unable to stop it.

He had felt this Power…this Will before
“Ro”


--------------------------------------------------------------------


“Who are you and what is your purpose here” a commanding voice spoke.
From where he was frozen he could clearly see the figure, whose aura had died down completely. He had wild spiky white hair, he was of medium build, tall and his skin was slightly tanned.
Logan could not see his face but he could clearly see that the man was trying to escape the power that held him.
Even though he couldn’t move, he was not without resources. He could hear that the stranger had a calm heartbeat, his scent seemed familiar but he just could not place it at the moment. He also picked up minute muscle movement showing that the stranger was struggling against the power holding him.
“A stranger in a familiar land” he said with a hint of cockiness in his voice. Logan found he had to revise his earlier thoughts. He was not a man he was a boy.
He was suddenly let go and deftly landed on his feet. He looked behind him to see Ororo floating in the air with her eyes locked onto the boy and her hand outstretched.
Slowly the others began to gather, first Jean, then Scott and finally Professor X.
The boy was forcibly turned towards them by Ororo’s will and Logan was able to get a good look.
He was young, and Logan guessed that he was no more than 16 years old. He had striking blue eyes that reminded Logan of…of…. Ororo
Could he be… he did not finish his thought not wanting to speculate on anything.
“Tell us your name and you will no longer be a stranger” Ororo spoke to him in a softer voice.
The boy hesitated but finally he spoke
“Jin” he said
Jin, the Japanese word for Virtue
His thoughts were interrupted because the boy continued
“I have come from the future seeking knowledge and power to defeat a great evil.”
“Do you always shoot first and then ask for help?” Scott queried
“Not always but, I had to find the strongest among you.”
“Why?” Logan growled out.
“To identify the one who could help me gain the most power in the shortest time.”
Of the gathered mutants there had only been one who had subdued this boy… Storm.
“Let us get back inside and we can discuss this” Professor X advised.
“Please Grandmother you must help me save the world” Jin said.
Logan did not understand what the boy said and he assumed that everybody couldn’t but he was surprised to hear words in the same language.
“By the Goddess!!” Ororo replied in shock.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Year 20XX
The Dawn of Apocalypse
Underground Mutant Resistance


“It was a great risk allowing him to travel to the past” He said.
“I know but we had no choice.” She replied. “He wanted to go, to face his destiny. The stars shone brightly upon his birth. It was a clear sign that he was destined for greatness.”
“Destiny is a foreign concept among our kind. We do what we can with what we have. We are mutants and we fight to save the world.”
“He is more than that. He is the hope of the World” the woman said.
She slowly went into his open arms and she leaned into his embrace. She inhaled deeply taking in his scent and allowing it to wash over her. It always brought a sense of serenity to her.
He brought his hands around her and laid his head on hers.
“I trust your judgement, Kendall” he whispered to his wife.
“Thank you Nathan” she replied….


-----------------------------------------





You must login () to review.