WILD STORM

CHAPTER 4

REVELATIONS


Xavier Institute for Gifted Children


“The mystery seems to continue” Charles Xavier said as he heard to Storm and Jin talking in what he assumed was Storm’s true mother tongue. He was a bit surprised that he did not understand because he had thought himself well versed in ancient languages and this one was indeed ancient. Though he could not understand the words he could understand the rhythms and the flow of it. To his ears it reminded him of beginnings…
The others were clearly confused and Charles felt that they should go in side to digest the events. Things never stayed quiet for long in this world. After his return he had wanted a bit of peace and quiet. He had been surprised and happy at finding out that Ororo his adopted daughter and heir was expecting a child. For the first time in long time he could see that she was truly at peace. She was no longer keeping her emotions on a tight leash, and he attributed it to the life developing inside of her.
He sensed a strong connection between Ororo and her unborn child and now he felt another one developing…
The pieces of the puzzle were fitting together.
Logan and Ororo…So it happened…
“Shall we head inside” he suggested to the party. He could already sense the curious minds from inside the mansion trying to get a glimpse of what was going on.
He turned his chair and began moving to the Mansion everyone followed his lead.
He noticed though that Logan placed himself between Ororo and Jin.
They made their way into the Mansion and he clamed the students down and reassured them that there was nothing to worry about and that they can all go back to sleep. He then led them to his study.
He watched them all come in and he couldn’t help but chuckle at the two powerful yet heavily pregnant mutants who took the more comfortable chairs that were lined against the wall to his right. The men remained standing with Jin inbetween Scott and Logan.
The two women had so many differences.
Jean with her flame coloured red hair, pale skin and glowing red eyes, seemed wild and exciting.
Ororo with her snow white hair, mocha skin and ice cold blue eyes seemed serene and calm.
The truth of it was though that they were different from what they outwardly appeared to be. Jean longed for the peace and calm that the Phoenix had taken and Ororo wished to let it all go, to once more allow her emotions to be free and wild, she longed to live.
He guessed that that was the reason they were such close friends now. Through each other they could experience what they sorely missed….

Charles waited for everyone to be settled and then he spoke.
“Well Jin, it is clear to us that you are a mutant and a very powerful one at that. What is unclear is what we can do for you. This evil you speak of, is it localized to your timeline or does it occur in ours as well?”
“Timeline?”
“Yes, timeline. There exist countless alternative realities and times and I assume that you are from one of them.”
Jin was silent for awhile and then he spoke.
“I am certain that I am from this timeline, from this reality. I have travelled back to this point using a fusion of magic and technology. At this time I do not exist in that time and I will return to that point once my mission is done.”
Charles digested what the boy had said.
“That is quite remarkable. Time travel has never been easy and the cases I have come across were always of people or mutants from other realities. This is the first time I have seen someone from our future.”
“What does this mean Professor?” Scott asked.
“It means that from Jin’s future now has already happened and Jin is fulfilling a destiny of sorts. Clearly whoever sent him here from the future knew that in the past Jin had appeared at this point and thus they knew to send him… A bit complicated but “My parents, sent me.” Jin informed. “They said I was the hope of the future… They never said what I was supposed to do or learn but they did say it was the key to defeating Apocalypse.”
“Apocalypse!” Wolverine exclaimed. “I thought that guy was done for good?”
Jin regarded Wolverine with a shaded look. “unfortunately for the future that isn’t so.”
“En Sabath Naur… The First One.” Storm said. “Going back to in the annals of my people he is still remembered. The Great Enemy who threatened the world….My people were stronger back then and it was through them that he was defeated.”

Charles was silent waiting for Ororo to continue. He had always known that Ororo was special. She was of Royal blood and he had no doubt that she traced her ancestry back beyond the dim vales of time. Ancient texts had revealed to him the history of Apocalypse and for all intents and purposes he should have ruled the world. But something had happened and Apocalypse had been defeated, on the plains of what was now known as South Africa. A powerful sorceress stood before and challenged his godly powers. Powerful magic’s had been unleashed that day and Charles hoped to never witness destruction on the same scale that he had read. But with this new arrival from the future he could feel his hope slowly dying.

“They are stronger still” Jin interrupted Ororo. “Your separation from them has blinded you to the truth.”
Instead of countering or disputing what Jin had said Ororo fell silent and regarded Jin with a steady and unflinching eye.
“They have not been still, while the wheels turned and ages passed. That you do not know this means you have been gone a long time… how disappointing.”
A low growl emanated from Logan and he slowly turned to Jin.
Jin visibly tensed.
Before anything could happen Ororo gently placed a hand on Logan’s arm. There was nothing said between them but the effect of that touch made Logan stop.
“If that is the case then it seems I am long overdue for a trip back home.” Ororo said.
“How do things stand in your time Jin?” Scott asked
“Apocalypse holds the continents of North and South America and most of Europe. The Last Free Continents oppose him but their resistance is crumbling. His army of mutants grows and it is all we can do to hold on….” His voice was on the edge of despair.
In Xavier’s eyes the boy seemed to show his years. He was far too young to be holding such heavy burdens.
Ororo then surprised him when she stood up and moved gracefully, despite her girth, around Logan and to Jin. She laid a hand on his shoulder.
The boys psychic shields seemed to drop for a second and Charles inadvertently picked up a stray thought.
‘I always loved you best Nana’
That it originated from Jin was in doubt and slowly realization began to dawn on him.
His vast display of power on the front lawn had not gone unnoticed and Xavier finally looked at the boy. He really looked at him, seeing him and Ororo confirmed it.
This boy is Ororo’s grandchild…


-----------------------------------

He tensed when Ororo stood up and went to comfort the boy. For all of his incredible power he is still just a child.
A child…
She moved gracefully past him, her scent invading his senses. He could now identify the change in her scent that he had smelled earlier, it was now motherly…
He knew without a shadow of a doubt that Ororo carried his child in her womb. It was instinctual…and Logan was a man ruled by instincts…
He knew her intimately and the bond that formed between them was unmistakable. She was his and he was hers…
He observed Ororo giving comfort to the boy and he imagined her in the same way with a young girl or a young boy with white hair and… blue…
Logan had always prided himself on being observant and never missing much. Due to his mutation his senses were heightened to levels far beyond normal humans.
One thing he had learned though was that increased senses were no use to anyone if they could not filter, process and store the stimuli they received. That all resided with the mind.
Instinct ever warred with intellect but he had struck a balance.
All at once he felt that balance shatter…
He was a boy from the future, with white hair and blue eyes…
Logan turned and really looked at the boy. His silent but tense regard must have been noticed by the boy because he looked up and his eyes locked with his.

‘Took you long enough…grandfather’ A voice said in his mind.
Logan grunted his acknowledge and he couldn’t stop the stray thought that came to his mind
How can he be telepathic?


-----------------------------------------------

“I think that is enough for one night. It is very late and it would not do for up. We will resume our talk tomorrow Jin and from there we will decide a course.” The Professor said. “Scott can you prepare an extra bedroom for our young time traveller?”

“Of course Professor” Scott answered. He turned to the boy. “You can come with me Jin.”

The boy slowly stood up and moved to stand next to Scott.

“Good night” he said and he left.





You must login () to review.