WILD STORM

The Return Of…

Disclaimer: I do not own X Men or any Marvel associated characters

The darkness of the room welcomed her back. She had not physically traveled far to get back to her room but the emotional journey of turning her back on the Wolverine had been exhausting.

He had returned… after so long he had returned. Her hand moved to rub her swollen belly, a small smile gracing her face. A smile that was replaced by the furrowing of her brows. The weather was getting worse and she quickly realized that some of the students would be a little scared by the sudden storm that had been unleashed. She had worked hard to control her fluctuating emotions. The right thing to do would be to stop it completely, to restrain her emotions and bottle them up. That would be the right thing to do. She was tired of the right thing to do, for now she would just let it go, if only for a little while.

Normal people would, shout, scream, find any way to vent their emotions, but she was not normal. The pouring rain was her tears, the thunder and lightening her screams. This was how a mutant vented.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The storm had quieted down just as suddenly as it had started, though it had raged for long while. She felt emotionally drained, from the confrontation with Logan, as brief as it was. In truth, it was all that was needed. A brief exchange, an explosive touch. All that was needed…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She lay on her bed, resting from the nights drama. She had repaired the damage to the window, with a thought and all that whispered of the earlier events were the ripped curtains.

Ripped like my heart

She was lying on the bed curled in the fetus position, with her hand on her abdomen. A familiar position she adopted whenever she wanted to think. She imagined herself in the womb of the Goddess, protected and unaffected by the world. Here she could think.

He was back and she was angry, she was sad, she was overjoyed, she was devastated, she was all these things and more. Her emotions embodied her namesake perfectly. STORM. How could he do this to her, with one touch, one word and an indescribable look He had returned.

She could remember his deep brown eyes and his burning touch. His deep, rough voice saying her name.

“Ro”

How could so much be carried in a single... a single name.

She had been dreaming of him when Jean attacked and from then she ran on instinct. Calling upon her powers she countered the violent attack of The Phoenix and halted the then unknown figures imminent demise. Struggling with Jean’s Phoenix Force she had almost given up the fight, but then her ancient birth right awoke. The power she felt in fitful moments was fully manifested and then it became all too easy to counter Jean’s attack.

Jean had said she sensed an intruder and she had countered by saying that she did not have to kill the intruder.

Since herreturn Jean a.k.a The Phoenix had been more aggressive and her pregnancy had not done anything to help the situation. She had become a shoot first and ask questions later kind of mutant.

She had seen so many people return, but his return affected her the most. She remembered when it all began when The Wolverine, when Logan became James.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had had a hard life, losing her parents a young age making her an orphan, being a thief on the streets of Cairo, her hard trek to the south of Africa, almost being raped and finally facing her growing almost cataclysmic powers of controlling the weather. For all the pain there had been good moments and she clearly remembered the Vision the Goddess had given her on the beautiful Serengeti plain, the ancient home of her people.

The Vision she had was of her innermost desire and through all the connections she had made none had ever known about this. That Vision had overtime become her dream and her goal, to think that she would one-day achieve gave her the drive to take her life into her hands and carve out her destiny.

Another highpoint was finding her people and leading them to a prosperous future where none would suffer as she did and finally Ainet, the woman who she would regard as a mother. The guiding light that brought her in from the dark. She spent many years exploring both her mutant and bloodline powers with the help of Ainet. The price she paid for her increased control was a complete detachment from her emotions but at the time, it seemed like a small price to pay. Charles had come into her life again after she had met him briefly in her pickpocket days, when she tried to lift his wallet and he told her his dream. After seeing, that her people were well looked after she had left to join the X-men. She had formed strong bonds with Charles, Jean and Scott and now they were all gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stress had been getting to her, as the new headmistress of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters she was tasked with not only running the school but also keeping Xavier’s dream alive. She had truly believed in his dream and she had accepted her position as someone who would help Charles make them dream reality, but she had not once seen her self as the person driving that dream. When she was young all she cared about was surviving and her dream was to get off the streets and find a home not to change the world. That was Charles dream to change the world and she had chosen to help him do that, but now Charles was gone and only she remained. She realized that she was wrong, Logan was still around but he did not understand the position she was in because he had only known everyone a short time unlike her.

She could clearly remember the night when she let it all go, surrendering to the storm of emotions she had suppressed for so long and she could remember him…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late and a bit unfinished please tell me what you think. Sorry, work and other stuff.





You must login () to review.