For the next week, Ororo was quiet; she didn’t talk to anyone unless she was spoken too and she kept herself in her room for most of the day.

Today was no different.

Except for the fact that she didn’t come out of her room at all.

I went upstairs and knocked on her door; surprised when it swung open.

“Ro? You in here?”

As I entered her room I looked around. There were a packet of painkillers on the table, a few items of clothing scattered on the floor but no Ororo.

Then I noticed the french doors leading to the balcony were open, a wind blowing the long nylon curtains into the room.

Making my way out there, I found her, sat cross-legged; her eyes glowing white and a small wind blowing around her.

She looked tired and I saw her holding a small flower. It looked dead. But still beautiful.

When I sat down beside her she looked up at me, the soft moonlight highlighting her perfect face.

I can see why she was worshipped as a goddess.

“Darlin’? You alright?”

All I got from her was a sigh.

“I can’t sleep. Haven’t been able to for a week.”

I breathed in her flowery scent.

“Why? Nightmares?”

She nodded.

“It’s not just that though. It’s been hurting more than usual.”

Of course. That explains the painkillers on her table.

I was about to respond when I picked up a familliar scent.

And it wasn’t one I liked.

I heard Ororo gasp as someone behind us put a clawed hand to her throat.

Sabretooth.





You must login () to review.