She looked like an angel.

Somehow, he knew she would loathe that comparison, but it didn’t change the fact that Ororo held an ethereal beauty that had nothing to do with her immortal state and everything to do with the light of her soul. She was simply breathtaking--always had been.

Logan edged farther up on his arm, propping himself on his elbow so that he could study her serene face. Snow white hair spilled across his pillows in a silken cascade and he couldn’t help but touch it, trailing his blunt fingers through the soft strands. Long lashes rested against impossibly smooth skin, not even a twitch betraying any sign of life from the woman laying next to him; which, to be truthful, was disconcerting as all hell, but he’d learn to deal with it. He couldn’t say when he had determined that he wasn’t willing to let Ororo go, but somewhere between first kiss and dawn the decision had been made, and it felt right. Not much in his life had ever felt right, so he wasn’t about to knock anything that did. He was certain Ororo would have some choice words about the matter, but he’d deal with that when he had to.

Tossing a glance over his shoulder he noted that the blanket draped over the window cast a faint glow, telling him that the sun was probably about midday. With a grimace he rolled to the side, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. He needed to get up. Not that anyone would come knocking on his door looking for him, as it wasn’t all that uncommon for him to sleep until well past noon, but he needed to prepare the others for Ororo’s miraculous resurrection from the dead.

With one last fingertip caress of her hair, Logan padded across his bedroom to his bathroom. He left the door open, as was his custom, but this time he felt an odd sense of comfort, knowing that Ororo was lying in the next room. He shook his head, stifling a chuckle, and sliding the frosted door shut. Damn, he had it bad.

A quick jerk of the taps unleashed hot spray onto his head, the steaming water washing away the recent scent of lovemaking that clung to him. His mouth curved up at the edges as he shampooed his hair. He’d had more than his fair share of fantasies about Ororo when they had joined the X-Men together, as did most of the males, he was certain, but last night had taken even his most graphic masturbatory fantasy and squashed it.

Although, he acknowledged internally, in none of his fantasies had Ororo been a vampire. Briefly his hand rested just above his heart where Ororo’s teeth had punctured. For a moment he regretted having his healing factor and losing that souvenir. He knew from her scent and expressions that she hated that side of herself, the hunger and need, but to be honest, he found it alluring. Never would he have thought he could find a vampire sexy, but he sure as shit did.

He opened his mouth, swishing the hot water and spitting before shutting off the flow and snapping his towel off the rack. Opening the sliding door he heard a yelp and a loud crash.

“’Ro!” Rushing from the bathroom, he slipped on the tile, towel hanging haphazardly around his waist, water dripping from his hair. He came to a halt in the door jamb, one hand gripping the frame for balance.

Ororo was across the room, gloriously naked, her full lips curled back, revealing long fangs bared. Nightcrawler hung in her grasp, feet dangling well off the ground. She had the blue furred mutant in a death grip, one hand at his throat, hissing.

“’Ro!” Logan barked.

Startled Ororo blinked, seeming to come out of a daze. With a distressed cry she dropped Kurt, who crumpled to the floor, gasping fro breath, his yellow eyes the size of saucers.

Quickly Ororo summoned the shadows around her, molding them to her skin, creating a cloak to cover herself with. “I’m sorry,” she said softly, her eyes still red and luminous. She looked at Logan as if to say ‘See. This is why I’m dangerous.’

Logan moved into the room, his steps slow and even. It was a predator’s instinct to defend. Reaction came first, then logic. He knew that all too well. Ororo was simply following that instinct. Chances were the fuzzy elf had bamfed into the room to wake him and caught ‘Ro off guard.

Staggering to his feet Kurt looked over at Ororo, then back at Logan, then once more at Ororo. “Mein Gott.” His mouth opened and closed several times and he crossed himself before asking, “Ororo, is that really you?” Kurt’s awe was palpable. “How is this possible?”

Ororo, still shaken from nearly tearing Kurt’s throat out, merely shook her head. “I am not the woman you once knew.”

Kurt looked at Logan for confirmation. “Logan?”

“You may wanna sit down, Elf.” Logan said, dropping his towel and grabbing a pair of clean boxers from his bureau.

Kurt nodded slowly, sinking to the floor. “Ok.”

Ororo watched her old friend with a passive face, but Logan could feel the emotions radiating from her. Fear, uncertainty, longing. They ate at him. He closed the distance between them, drawing her into his arms despite her brief resistance and Kurt’s startled expression.

“Don’t.” She shook her head. “I should never have come.”

Logan squeezed her arms gently, but firmly. “You ain’t afraid of the elf are ya? He’s harmless,” Logan teased, but underneath was tenderness. “You shouldn’t run from us, ‘Ro. We’re your family.”

Ororo sighed. They used to be family. Now-- now she was an undead, unclean, a carrier of death and a vile creature that was unfit to be amidst humans. When Kurt had startled her, her first reaction had been to attack and kill. She knew she was not safe to be around the others. She had to make Logan see that it was best if she left. “Wolv--”

“’Ro.” His hand cupped her face, drawing her liquid blue gaze to his, both seemingly oblivious to the other mutant in the room. “You ain’t getting away from me.” His mouth touched hers, taking her breath and her fight away in a slow assault.

A small shiver ran down Ororo’s spine. She pulled away, turning her head, her lashes veiling her eyes. “Logan, I can’t…”

The ache in her voice tore at his heart, but her remained firm. “Just talk to Scooter, darlin’.”

She didn’t answer him, the choking lump in her throat catching her by surprise. No matter how he assured her, one thing was an inescapable truth…she was a vampire. He couldn’t erase the taint left by Vladdimir no matter how much she wanted him to. “No, I don’t. I am not the person I once was, and I can never be that person again.”

“Ororo…” Kurt spoke softly drawing their eyes. “Whatever you have become, you are still my friend.”

She turned toward him. “You don’t know what I’ve become. Or the evil I am capable of.”

Kurt scoffed. “Ororo, you are not evil, of that I am certain.”

“I am a vampire.”

“Yes.” Kurt nodded. “And I am a blue furred demon.” He shrugged. “What is your point?”

Logan smirked. Ororo may be able to counter his arguments, but there was no counter to Kurt’s. Kurt was possibly the most gentle of souls, whose mother was a certifiably evil blue bitch and whose father just happened to be a genuine demon from hell. If anyone could argue that what you were did not determine who you were, it was Elf.

For the first time in a decade Ororo felt accepted by both Logan and Kurt and it made her eyes well with tears. “Kurt…”

“Ach, come here.” He opened his arms.

Ororo embraced her old friend tightly, her face in the softness of his fur. She felt him tremble and she fought back her tears.

“It is good to have you home, Ororo,” Kurt whispered, trails of darker blue marking the path of his emotion down his face. He leaned back, keeping his hands on her shoulders. “So, tell me…where have you been?”

“Hunting.” she replied vaguely, a wave of dizziness taking hold. She was hungry and the sun was up. Like most nocturnal creatures, she could move around during the day, but the bright light hurt her eyes and she felt lethargic.

“Ah.” Kurt said no more on the matter.

“If ya don’t mind, Elf, ‘Ro still needs her rest.” Logan said, sensing the strength ebbing from Ororo despite her best attempt to appear focused.

“Of course. I wasn‘t thinking, so sorry. Sun and vampires…and I am an idiot, so sorry,” Kurt said in a rush.

Ororo smiled, the first real smile Logan had seen her give. “It’s fine, Kurt.”

He hugged her quickly once more. “I won’t say anything,” he informed Logan.

“Appreciate it,” Logan nodded. Kurt was gone an instant later.

As soon as they were alone again Ororo turned to Logan. She was at a loss, he could see. She had expected to be shunned, but instead Kurt had welcomed her. Her carefully erected walls were crumbling and she was afraid.

Immediately Logan was there, reaching for her hand, interlacing their fingers.

“Thank you,” she whispered to him.

“For what?”

“For not letting me run.”

Logan nodded, lowering his mouth to hers. “You don’t have to run anymore, ‘Ro.”

Ororo sighed as his mouth took hers. His tongue slid along the seam of her lips, teasing, licking, tasting. Each stroke of his tongue sent a fiery throb straight through her body to pool in her abdomen. She opened her mouth, allowing him entry and the kiss became less seductive and more ravenous.

Her mouth was like silk beneath his, Logan thought, his gut clenching as desire tightened every muscle in his body. While her tongue dueled with his, her hands ran over the hard planes of his chest, over his neck, pausing at the pulse, before sinking into the thick richness of his hair.

Logan groaned, his mouth leaving hers so that he could nibble on the stubburn tilt of her jaw. “You should be restin’,” he rasped, nipping.

“Yes,” she agreed, letting the shadows fall from her body. “I should be…” Her head fell back, allowing him unfettered access. She trembled when he licked her pulse. “But not yet,” she whispered, “not yet.”

“No,” he said, palms cupping her full breasts, thumbs teasing her erect nipples. “Not yet.”

“You feel so good,” she said, her voice husky with lust.

“Funny, I was thinking’ the same thing about you.” He bent his head, flicking his tongue over her breast, suckling one taut peak into his moist mouth. “Taste good too.”

“Ohhhh, Logan…” his name was a breathless sigh. Her hands wandered his hard frame, searing a path of heat across his skin, making him feel flushed and hard and wanting. She caressed his shoulders, moved down his back, over each defined muscle, exploring the firm roundness of his buttocks, kneading them, pulling him closer. She moved her mouth over his shoulder, down across the flat of his nipple, flicking quickly, making him jerk and groan.

Fingers bunched in silver hair as her mouth found the waistband of his boxers, tongue sliding along the crease of his hip. Logan wanted nothing more than to fist his hands in her hair and thrust himself into her mouth, but he didn’t, instead he grit his teeth and took a deep breath, allowing her the freedom of exploration without pressure from him.

Ororo tugged his boxers down, marveling over the rock hardness of his thighs as well as the thick erection brushing her nose. Her breath teased the head of his cock and Logan damn near lost his mind.

“’Ro…” he didn’t know how he managed to get her name past his tight throat.

“Shhh,” she chided, her mouth curved in a faint teasing line. Her tongue lapped at the salty beads of moisture forming at the tip.

Logan jumped, his entire body locked. “Fuckin’ hell,” he swore, trying not to buck.

Ororo glanced up at his face. His eyes were closed, jaw clenched tight and his face was contorted somewhere between ecstasy and pain. Smiling to herself she slowly took him deep into her mouth, sucking gently.

“Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.” Logan’s hands tightened in her hair, his hips moving of their own accord. He was losing control, thrusting helplessly into the silken cavern of heat and moisture that was her mouth. Her lips tightened, tongue swirled, pulling him deeper under her sensual spell.

One hand worked his cock with her mouth while the other cupped and tugged at his balls. She squeezed and sucked in unison. Shit, he was going to come. “Ororo…” He stiffened, trying to get away, but she held fast, teeth scraping in reprimand. She teased him with her mouth, sucking harder. “Fuck, oh God, ‘Ro. Yeah, baby…” He gave up trying to fight it, his hands in clenching tightly in her hair for stability as he thrust over and over, her soft murmurs and hums driving him on. He spasmed, muscles tightening. “Can’t hold on…gonna come…gonna…yearrrrrrrrgh…” He shook with the intensity of it, spurting deep.

Ororo lifted her head, smiled up at him as she licked her lips, taking every drop of him. Her lips teased his navel, strands of her hair sliding along his over-sensitized skin, making him groan. Although he had just reached orgasm his erection hadn’t ebbed in the least, a first, even for him. Her hands circled his neck and she arched into him with feline grace.

“You feel so fuckin’ right,” he groaned, tugging her leg up over his hip. His hand moved between their bodies, cupping her damp center, two fingers slipping past her slick folds.

Ororo moaned, her hips rocking against his wrist. “Logan.” She rode his hand, her lips parted and his name spilling from her lips every time his thumb circled her clit with expert skill.

“Come for me, baby,” he urged, curving his digits to hit her just right, causing her to saturate his hand.

“No,” she rasped, her hips grinding his arm. “I want you inside. Now.”

Logan didn’t wait another second, shifting her against him, wedging himself more firmly against her. He pressed her back a bit so that the wall supported her. He pushed into her, the head of his erection throbbing as her slick heat welcomed him home. “Tight,” he growled. “So fuckin’ tight.”

Ororo shifted, spreading her legs and drawing her knees up for Logan to cradle. She watched the animal beauty of his face as he impaled her, his intensity amplifying her pleasure. He pushed deeper and she bit her lip, a scream building.

He was so primal. So beautiful, she thought her eyes misting over. The way he touched her, like she was something worthy of his attention. Someone worthy of his…No, don’t go there. Stay here, where it’s simple. Where the only thing that mattered was the friction between their bodies, the tension mounting and that coil of pleasure tightening in her stomach.

He was driving harder, his hands on her hips, her legs locked around his waist as he pulled her down to meet each demanding thrust. Ororo gasped, clinging to his sweat slicked shoulders, her cries of ecstasy shadowed by his growls.

“Oh, God, Logan…” she sobbed her body wrenched so tight she felt ready to explode. “So good.”

Logan grunted, his movements frenzied, his balls tightening. “Good doesn’t do it…uhn… justice, darlin’,” he growled. His mouth latched onto one jiggling breast, teeth tugging. “This is perfect.” He lifted his head, capturing her face between his hands, slowing the chaotic slamming of their bodies to a slow rocking. “You’re perfect,” he said with sincerity.

Circling his head in her arms Ororo hid her tears in his hair. I love you she thought, unwilling to say it aloud, surprised by the thought as much as the emotions that came with it.

Logan sensed her sadness and he wished he could take it away from her. He increased his pace once again, not letting her retreat too deeply into her shell. He gripped her ass in his hands, surging in and out. “Feel that, baby? Feels so right.”

Ororo couldn’t speak, her body tingling in response. She writhed against the wall, her head thrown back as he took her. He seared her mouth with his, swallowing her scream of pleasure as she shattered in his arms, her orgasm milking another from him. Too soon, he thought as he bucked, pumping furiously, but unable to stop. “Love you,” he groaned as he spent himself.

A moment later Logan slowly settled her on his bed, still buried deep. He rocked his hips in a slow rhythm, his eyes dark and unreadable. She didn’t ask if she’d heard him right and he didn’t repeat it, because both knew it to be true. Twenty minutes later Logan was sound asleep, but Ororo was not. She lay on her back, staring at the ceiling, blood red tears coursing over her sable cheeks. Softly she whispered a binding spell that would keep him asleep until well past sunset and slipped from his grasp.

“Forgive me,” she said whisper soft. “I can not allow you to fight my battles for me.” She dressed in the clothes she had arrived in. She bent and kissed his lips gently, a tear drop falling onto his whiskered jaw. “I love you too.”





You must login () to review.