“All right you crumb snatchers, class dismissed.” He announced and the room that had been the ruins of San Francisco disappeared, leaving the bare danger room walls.

“Great session class,” A voice spoke out of the intercom and all eyes lifted up to the darkened control booth, which illuminated to show Ororo. “Sorry for the interruption Logan, but I wanted to inform Kitty that her parents will be arriving a day early. They just called and will be here to pick you up in an hour.” At these words a very excited Kitty hurried from the room, followed by the five other students. Once the students left Logan called up to Ororo just as she had turned to leave the control room.

“Hey ‘Ro, why dontcha suit up and join be for a sparring session.” He asked fully expecting her to refuse by saying she had something else she had to do.

“Ok, give me five minutes.” Ororo said and then giggled at Logan’s surprised expression. Like clockwork Ororo entered the danger room dressed in a tank top, shorts, bare feet with her hair pulled back in a ponytail. Logan’s eyes appraised her from head to toe, before finally rested his eyes on her eyes.

“You need ta stretch first?” Logan asked.

“No, do you?” Ororo asked with a smile as she placed her hands on her hips, Logan simply chuckled and shook his head.

“One, rule though no using our powers.”

“So you plan on turning off your healing factor?” Ororo asked and Logan chuckled again.

“Fine, but no using lightning, my skeleton is a great conductor, you know.”

“I would never use lightning on you Logan, not even if you were really threatening my life.” Ororo stated as she frowned a bit at the idea. Suddenly she felt her back hit the floor as the wind was knocked out of her. She stared up in confusion and then fear as she saw the harden glare in Logan’s eye and the three blades mere inches from her face.

“Don’t ever say that, don’t even think it. If I ever threaten ta hurt you, if you don’t stop me, I’m gonna hurt you, really hurt you.” Logan declared then he noticed the look on Ororo’s face; the fear and he retracted his claws and leaned back, as he pulled them up into a sitting position. “I’m sorry ‘Ro, but you don’t know what I’m capable of.”

“I know you are a good man Logan, and a friend. So I could never purposely harm you.” Ororo said and Logan threw her glare to which she giggled. “Not to say I would not use my powers to restrain you; some wind to blow you away would suffice. No need to electrocute you and possibly cause you lasting harm.” Logan nodded his head in agreement, seemingly satisfied with this idea. Ororo could still see the worry etched on Logan’s face and she reached up and gently stroked his face. “Logan,” At her touch and soft words Logan looked into her eyes. “I know you are a good man and I believe in you and know you would never hurt me or anyone else here for that matter. He leaned into her touch as his classic smirk spread across his face.

“Aww shucks ‘Ro, are ya gonna kiss me now?” Logan joked and Ororo rolled her eyes and smiled as she used the hand still cupping Logan’s face to shove him back. She then stood along with him. “Hey I didn’t say I’d object to a kiss, darlin.” Logan chuckled as he continued to tease her.

“Shut up and lets spar.” Ororo said through a giggle as she took up a defensive stance.

“I’ve changed my mind about the sparring.” He stated.

“Why, are you scared?” Ororo teased as she stood with her hands on her hips. Logan regarded her a moment before he threw his head back a howled in laughter.

“Naw ‘Ro I aint scared, just wanna test a new program I’ve been working on. If yer up to it.”

“Sure.”

“DR, run program 8546, Operation ‘Make Storm Sweat’.” Ororo arched a brow at his words, slightly touched that Logan had actually created a program for her, like he said he was going to, which she had taken as a mere joke. The room instantly became to thick lush jungle, now surrounding Logan and Ororo. Ororo’s eyes widened and her breaths quickened as she glanced around at the familiar jungle.

“Who’s scared now?” Logan asked and when Ororo turned to where he had been standing she found only an empty spot. “It’s a simple game of prey, and right now yer the prey, my prey. I’ll give you a ten-minute head start; I used the jungles from your homeland to design this. Figured that would give you some advantage or I should say help you to allude me. Ten minutes then I’m coming.” Logan said and then went dead silent. Ororo scanned the brush surrounding her trying to spot Logan even though she knew it was a futile venture. “Nine-minutes,” Logan called out and at this prompting Ororo turned and took off full speed through the jungle. She knew that Logan would play fair and would not follow until her ten minutes were up. She decided to take a birds eye view climbing the largest tree next to her, knowing that her best bet to survive this would be to take to the trees and used the winds to keep her scent from giving her location away. Ororo couldn’t help but to smile, she knew this was going to be fun.

~~~~

“That was fun Logan, thank you.” A winded Ororo spoke as they left the danger room heading to their showers.

“Yeah but it needs more work, look at you yer barely shining.” Logan said.

“Sorry to disappoint you Logan but as I said it’s a part of my mutation not much can be done. But if it will make you feel better you can take off your shirt and wring out all of ‘your’ sweat over my head.” Ororo teased silently praying he didn’t take her up on that offer.

“Yeah or I could just use my body.” Logan said as a playful twinkle hit his eyes. Ororo’s eyes widened for she knew he ‘would’ grab her and hug her against his sweaty, smelly body. Without saying a word Ororo took off as fast as she could in an attempt to get away and Logan was fast on her heels. Both Bobby and Rogue had to jump out of the way as they zoomed by in the hallway.

“Those two are acting like a couple of kids,” Rogue threw out and Bobby could only nod his head in agreement as they both stared off after Logan and Ororo’s fast retreating backs.





You must login () to review.