“You’re up late,” A soft voice spoke out and he jumped a bit from his position, with his head buried in the refrigerator. He cursed under his breath when he banged his head, and even more so after realizing he hadn’t noticed that there was someone else in the room. When he heard the giggles he reemerged with a beer in his hand, as he rubbed the top of his head and threw out a glare. “I am sorry Logan I did not mean to…frighten you.”

“Humph,” He grumbled as he moved towards the table that was buried under piles of papers. “What are you doing up so late?”

“Paperwork. Between grading papers and signing forms pertaining to running this school, I have found that there is just not enough time in the day.” She sighed and then puffed out some breath, which briefly lifted her bangs from her forehead. He sat in the seat across from her and took a swig of his beer as he lifted some of the papers and looked them over.

“And why are you up so late, you could not sleep?”

“Nightmares.” He answered simply as he continued to read over some papers.

“Oh, well would you like to talk about it?” Ororo offered and Logan looked up and gave her a deadly glare and she instantly dropped her head.” Sorry, never mind.” She said nervously and he quickly regretted his harsh action. With a deep sigh he leaned forward and rested both of his elbows atop the table, and stared at the beer bottle he held in his hands.

“its always the same one, I’m back at that place. There are people all around but I can’t make out their faces I only hear them and I only recognize one voice, Stryker’s. Then comes the pain and the screams…my screams.” He spoke the last words while he stared directly into her eyes, which were watery with unshed tears.

“I am so sorry Logan. It must be horrible to only have ‘those’ memories And not have them help you to uncover more about you past. How often do they occur?”

“Every night.” He answered taking another gulf of his beer.

“I am truly sorry. I know the Professor was helping you before…I cannot promise you that I will be as resourceful as the Professor, but if you’d like I will try to help you learn more about your past…If you’d like.” Logan smiled at her offer even if he had no intentions of take her up on it.

“Thanks darlin, but right now it seems you need more help than I do.” Logan chuckled as he flicks some of the papers on the tabletop, and Ororo’s smile faded as she stared at the papers with distain. “How bout I help you, you sign the forms and I’ll grade.” Her eyes brightened and her smile returned.

“Really?”

“Yeah, so long as you’ve got a key for these answers.” Ororo hurriedly shoved the answer key towards him.

~~~~

He glanced at his watch and noted it was 3 am when he had finished the last paper and leaned back in his seat with his eyes closed. He began twisting his head and popped his neck turning one-way and then the other. When he finally opened his eyes he noticed a sleeping Ororo who’s head was resting atop some papers. Logan smiled warmly at her a moment before pushing his chair back to stand, and then he walked over to her. He leaned down and gently lifted Ororo into his arms and headed towards the door. It hadn’t taken him long to reach Ororo’s attic loft, it had been an effortless trek. He had been surprised by how light the statuesque Ororo actually was. H hesitated a moment at her door, as he realized he had never been inside her room before. However, upon opening the door he saw that it was just how he had imagined it would be, clean, neat, all white, not at all ‘girlie’, and full of plants. He moved towards the bed and softly laid Ororo down. The sudden change in position seemed to roust Ororo from her sleep for her eyes darted open and stared directly at Logan.

“Hey sleeping beauty,”

“Oh did I fall asleep?” She asked as she slowly rose up and leaned against her many pillows.

“Yeah, but you got all those papers signed, and I’ve graded all those papers for ya. So tomorrow you can sleep in a bit late if you want ta.”

“Thank you Logan, you are a life saver.”

“Yer welcome ‘Ro, now get some sleep ok.”

“Yes and you too.” She threw out to him and he nodded his head as he rolled his eyes and smirked at her.

“Night ‘Ro,” He said as he leaned in and then stopped instantly once he realized that he was about to kiss her. Both froze for what seemed like forever, with their noses barely touching and eyes locked on to each other’s. It was Ororo who ended the awkwardness by leaning in the rest of the way and placing the softest kiss upon Logan’s mouth.

“Goodnight Logan,” She whispered as she leaned back against her pillows again. Logan could only nod in reply and then quickly leave the room. Once the door shut behind him he lingered a moment at the door, letting his finger brush over his lips which were still tingling from the contact of Ororo’s lips. Ororo sat in her bed rubbing her fingers over her lips as well, not believing that she had actually just kissed Logan. It bothered both of them that such a seemingly innocent kiss had affected them so, but neither would allow their mind to dwell too much on it, deciding it was perfectly natural for friends to kiss.





You must login () to review.