I can see you’re sad
Even when you smile
Even when you laugh
I can see it in your eyes
Deep inside, you wanna cry
Cuz you’re scared I ain’t there?
Daddy’s with you in your prayers-Eminem





Dear Nobody,


When I got back I read the letters your mom wrote while she was sleepin’, I cried fer her, an’ fer me that’s a big thing.

I knew what she was goin’ to say as she stayed standin’ as the rest of us sat down, I’d kinda been waiting a long time fer her to say it, after all, I knew about ya just before she did, I could smell ya, I knew ya were mine too.

I should never have pushed yer mother away like that, I should have said sumthin’ better like “I’ll be as involved as possible, as long as yer sure ya want me to be”, but that just ain’t me, never has been, always pushing the people I love most away. I don’t want ya to get hurt, neither of ya. Its best ya never know about me being yer dad, but to know me as yer uncle who says he’ll be ‘round fer Christmas, but sends Christmas cards instead, I’d prefer it to be that way.

Ya’ll never get this letter, but I thought I’d write it anyway, so if ya ever find it when I’m gone you can tell yer mother I love her, both of yers, and ya can tell her that for the first time in his life the Wolverine has actually felt true fear, and as usual I’ve been to stupid and ‘macho’ to admit to that.

…I’m always wrong and god ya better believe it kid…

…I’m sorry darlin’ for causing yer hurt…

…I wish I could take it back…

…and at the same time I don’t…

…you’d only get hurt…

Logan...





You must login () to review.