Disclaimer: The characters used in this story belong to Marvel and I’m not attempting to make any money for this. This final chapter of Holiday Blues is dedicated to all the RoLo Shippers! The song being used in this story is “Breathe” by Faith Hill.


Holiday Blues
(part 4)


Ororo blinked slowly as the first rays of the sun shimmered down at her from her skylight. It was clearly going to be a beautiful, sunny day. Ororo bit back a groan at the thought. A little tweaking with the weather would not hurt. After all, it was Saturday and most of the kids had already left for Spring Break. With a little snow, everyone still remaining at the mansion could sleep in and spend a nice quiet day relaxing.

Ororo groaned again at her weak arguments. O.k. so maybe she was really doing this for herself. But why have powers to control the weather if you did not at least use them once for a selfish reason. And at the moment, spending more time in bed seemed like a perfect way to begin Spring Break.

“I will never do this again,” she solemnly promised herself as she closed her eyes and summoned dark clouds to cover the pestering sun.

A smile of relief spread across her slightly bruise lips as the first flakes of snow began to drift down and cover the skylight. Well, if nothing else, the students would enjoy it- especially Bobby. Sure, she would probably get a lecture from the Professor about being responsible with her powers, and Scott would probably grumble about her and Logan being late for another early morning practice, but oh, well- the snow was at least beautiful. As Ororo watched her own handy work, she snuggled closer in the strong arms wrapped around her losing herself in the memories of the past two months.

She had yet to figure out how to exactly describe her relationship with Logan. In fact, when Jean had cornered her once she had figured out that Logan and Ororo was now a pair, Ororo had found that she could find no words to describe their relationship. And now two months later, she found herself as clueless as she had been then. Of course, she received no help from Logan in naming their relationship. However, she couldn’t help but to smile as she remembered their last discussion about it.

“Because,” Ororo had stated as she crossed her arms growing more irritated with his lack of understanding.

Logan had simply grinned as he pulled her into his arms. “Darling, did I ever tell you how sexy you look when you’re mad?”

“Logan, I’m serious.” Ororo attempted to fight his contagious grin. “Are we just lovers? Are we a couple?…
Logan bent down and kissed her stalling her onslaught of words. And since that kiss had been followed by a few more with Logan eventually carrying Ororo upstairs, their relationship had yet to receive a name.

Ororo sighed deeply. Maybe Logan was right. Why did relationships have to have a name anyway? And maybe there really wasn’t a name to describe their relationship. Maybe it was as simple as that she was happy.

In fact, Ororo knew that she had never been more content in her life than what she was right now. And judging from the way that Logan now could sleep an entire night without slashing up the bed, Ororo felt pretty secure in guessing that Logan was content as well. She reached over and ran her fingers lovingly down his face. When had it become her favorite past time to just lie in the bed and watch Logan breathe?

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face
And I've never been this swept away
All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze
When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

Being with Logan, made Ororo felt utterly complete. Sure there were times when she really wanted to zap him with a good bolt of lightening, but that was usually because he was giving Scott such a hard time about something. Sometimes, he could be outright boorish. In fact, Ororo believed that he went out of his way to appear rude just to keep up the appearance of being a loner. She had watched many students reverse directions in the hall if Logan was walking their way.

However, Ororo had come to realize that it was all just an act. In Logan, there was the heart of a true warrior. He was honorable and trustworthy and dependable to his last breath. He might give Scott a hard time at the mansion, but once they were in the field, Logan was the most dedicated X-man. And Ororo was finding herself falling more in love with him everyday.

Ororo stopped her train of thought waiting for the now familiar contracting of her heart. Nope, her heart rate had remained the same. She raised her an arm to check for the bumps that would normally appear with her confession of love. O.k., no rash. That was a good sign. It was becoming easier to admit to herself that she was in love with Logan.

She wasn’t sure when she exactly realized that she was in love with him. But she was fairly certain that it hadn’t been when she and Scott had rescued Rogue and him from Sabretooth. Once she had helped Scott get the plane in the air, she had rushed back to tend to Logan’s wounds. At the time, she had wondered if he would even survive. Sabretooth’s attack had been vicious and she had been too caught up in trying to stop the flow of blood to notice how ruggedly handsome he was. Well, at least she hadn’t noticed until she had watched his wounds suddenly heal by themselves. She remembered how her eyes had switched to his face and she sudden found herself wondering what color his eyes were.

But once Logan woke up and set his sights on Jean, Ororo had dismissed the fleeting thoughts in the plane. True, she still found him attractive. But Ororo could see that he only had eyes for Jean. But then the Professor had sent her after Logan to convince him to join the team. It was his conviction to save Rogue that had tugged at Ororo’s heart. But now thinking back, Ororo realized while she hadn’t recognized it then- she fell in love with Logan when he stopped Sabretooth’s attack in the Statue of Liberty.

At the thought of Sabretooth’s twisted stare and putrid odor, Ororo snuggled deeper in Logan’s arms. When Sabretooth had stood before her with his sick request for her to scream for him, Ororo’s heart had stopped. But then Logan had come and saved her as well as the Scott and Jean. As if sensing her thoughts, Logan arms suddenly pulled Ororo closer.

Cause I can feel you breathe
It's washing over me
And suddenly I'm melting into you
There's nothing left to prove
Baby, all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
Slow and steady rush
Baby, isn't that the way that love's suppose to be
I can feel you breathe

What was it about him that simply took her breath away? This was the riddle that she often found herself trying to unravel. He was such an enigma. And it wasn’t just his lost past that made him such a riddle. It was everything about him. It was his walk, his stare, his voice, his touch…. He was all man, and yet there was a wildness about him. One minute, he was speaking perfect Japanese and the next he was growling like a caged lion. Perhaps, that is what she found so attractive about him.

Logan was uniquely Logan. There was no one else who could make her feel the way that he could. Only he could see through her goddess persona and awaken the woman underneath. With him, Ororo found that she could be herself. She didn’t have to be perfect and she didn’t have to always be in control. He wasn’t afraid to embrace the primal beast that clawed within him, and now neither was she.

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
Closer than I've ever felt before
And I know, and you know
There's no need for words right now
Cause I can feel you breathe
It's washing over me
And suddenly I'm melting into you
There's nothing left to prove
Baby, all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
Slow and steady rush
Baby, isn't that the way that love's suppose to be
I can feel you breathe

“Hey, darling,” a sleepy Logan drawled as he rolled Ororo beneath him. “You up for skipping practice today.”

Ororo smiled mischievously as she wrapped her arms around Logan’s neck pulling him down for a kiss. “What practice?”

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way...





You must login () to review.