Chapter Thirteen: Surrender



Released from the med-lab on the third day post-battle, Alison bid her good doctor farewell and darted for the elevators. Much as she adored the big blue mutant, the med-lab was damn claustrophobic. The scent of acrid cleansers and constant beep of monitoring equipment was driving her swiftly up the wall.

Once she managed to get upstairs, she paused in the main hallway. Bobby and Kitty had been conspicuously missing from their usual visits over the last twenty-four hours or so. She should find them, yell at them a little. What could be more important than ensuring she was not bouncing off the walls because of Dr. McCoy?

Deciding she would head upstairs first, Ali moved to the stairs, touching the bruise between her breasts carefully. It was visible beneath the scooped neckline of her tank top, the deep purples and blues stark against her pale flesh. It was still a little painful, but breathing was no longer an Olympic event, so Ali wasn’t complaining.

When she’d agreed to join the X-Men, it had surprised the young mutant by how easily they accepted her into their ranks. Storm explained that their dead mentor “ Xavier “ had always believed the best in those willing to fight. It was a leap of faith. Alison glanced at a photograph of the man in question as she headed toward her room, wondering if he would have accepted her as easily.

Well, maybe jumping in front of a suddenly vulnerable Colossus would have stuck her in his good graces. She would never know.

Ali poked her head into Bobby’s room “ the first in the hall “ not surprised to find it empty. Before she reached the bedroom she shared with Kitty, she noticed the door of Piotr’s room was ajar. Her heart thudded in her chest, bruised flesh aching with the sudden leap.

Knocking quickly, irate and excited in the same moment, Ali pushed the door open. The room appeared empty, making her heart ache for an entirely different reason. He still had not come to see her, though she distinctly recalled him carrying her through the mansion to the med-lab. Why had he gone? Did she really mean so little in the grand scheme of things?

Ok, so they hadn’t known one another long. Still, didn’t saving someone’s life mean something? She wasn’t looking for medals or praise, but she would like to know that her moment of weakness had made some effect. No ripples on the pond, she mused stepping into Piotr’s sanctuary. Not a one.

Ali’s boots made soft thudding noises on the hardwood as she entered his private space. It smelled of oil paints and spice, like his cologne. Curious, she left the door open behind her, peering into the dimly lit bedroom.

Spotting a covered easel in one corner, she felt an eyebrow go up.

“What’s this, Petey?” She questioned the silence. Noting several canvases turned the wrong way, Ali moved to them.

Selecting one, she flipped it around easily, stunned at the absolutely lifelike painting of Storm. No, not Storm. Ororo. The woman was soaring amongst the clouds, her eyes glowing white, much longer hair flying back like a banner. But the smile…that stole Ali’s heart. Ororo looked peaceful. Happy.

Taking another, Ali found a likeness of Wolverine. Ah, again, not Wolverine. Logan. He was on what looked like the back porch, one leg propped behind him for balance as he leaned against the wall. A cigar was between his lips, the flame of his lighter almost real enough to burn.

Completely fascinated now, Alison turned over each and every painting. Kitty. Bobby. Artie. Warren. Even one of a red haired woman smiling kindly and a man with ruby-red lenses over his eyes. Each portrait radiated love, as though Piotr had somehow managed to capture a piece of each soul on the simple canvas. As though each soul had given it to the artist willingly.

Alison lovingly touched Kitty’s portrait, depicting her young friend beneath the massive oak in the courtyard, books spread all over the grass, sunlight beaming down. It was Kitty at the heart, bookish and just a little silly. Ali adored her for it.

Now, of course, she had to see what lay beneath the covering on the easel. Setting the paintings back where she’d found them, Ali straightened. She marched over to the tall easel, not daring to reach for the top of the drop cloth. Instead, she merely grabbed the bottom edge and yanked it down so that it nearly covered her head.

“Oh, sweet Jesus.”

Painted with that same delicate care, Alison stared back at herself from the large canvas. A bright, sunny backdrop showcased her messy ponytail and the twinkle in her eyes. She was wearing her beloved Green Bay sweatshirt, a football cradled between her elbow and hip. Her head was tilted, bare lips curved into a smile. Black paint was added beneath her eyes, the same as she had worn during the football game several days ago. He’d even added in her eyebrow, nose, and ear piercings.

Ali could barely recognize herself. She looked…beautiful. Tears stung at the back of her eyes as she lovingly reached up to touch the canvas. The painting was unfinished, but he had faithfully drawn everything in to be completed at a later date.

Did he see her that way? Ali scarcely thought it possible that anyone could believe her beautiful this way. Sexy? Sure. Cute? Okay. Spunky? Definitely. But never beautiful.

She reminded herself that every other portrait seemed dead on. Perspective, that’s what her mother used to tell her. Everything in the world was a matter of perspective.

Consumed by emotion she couldn’t name, Ali turned away from the portrait. Trying to get a grip on her turbulent feelings, she took in the rest of Piotr’s rooms. Books were stacked haphazardly on his desk with papers and pencils. Paints, charcoal and brushes, however, were neatly placed on the table beside the easel. Ali felt herself smile. It was obvious where his attentions lingered.

A poster of a band Ali herself loved “ Staind by name “ was plastered to his closet door. His bed was unmade, covered with dark blue sheets and a smattering of papers. Ali’s eyes narrowed as she spotted what looked like a sketchbook.

Without even pausing to feel a little ashamed, Ali crossed the room. Taking up the open book, her eyes widened. The first sketch was of her, head in her hand, elbow on the table. She was laughing.

On the next page, another of her during the football game doing her touchdown dance. Several others were various parts of her face, as though he had practiced sketching her in order to get it right. Good Lord, in the drawings where her arms were bare, Piotr had faithfully recreated her various tattoos.

Finally, Ali’s eyes landed on a drawing of her in full X-Men gear. She was posed just so, standing in what looked to be a battle-ready position. From the tension in her arms and legs, she could almost feel the call to combat.

What was he doing? Why in the name of hell were there so many drawings of her?

“What are you doing?”

Startled by Piotr’s gently accented voice, Ali jumped a bit, spinning toward the door. His massive form took up the entire doorway, blocking the light from the corridor beyond. Ali’s heart tripped, stuttering in her chest until it nearly winded her.

His dark eyes flashed, flicking toward the disturbed easel before resting on the sketchbook in her hands. Unsure if he was angry or merely surprised, Ali swallowed hard and thrust the book toward him.

“What is this?” She demanded softly. “Why are you drawing me?”

“Why are you invading my room?” He shot back harshly.

Ali’s blood heated with anger. “Oh, I don’t know. Maybe ‘cause you didn’t have the fucking heart to visit me in the med-lab?”

Dark eyes reflected momentary hurt, but Ali shrugged it off.

“Leave.”

“Oh, no,” Ali shook her head. “You’re not pulling that one on me again, buddy.”

Piotr strode into the room, fearsome and enormous. Ali didn’t have to be afraid. She knew, better than anyone, that he wouldn’t hurt her. Nothing in the world was dragging her from this room short of all out war until she had a talk with this Colossus.

“This is my personal space.” He fought back, lethal hands clenching into fists.

Ali dropped the sketchbook onto the bed, reaching down to pull her shirt off. She marched up to him, pointing at the seven-inches of bruising on her chest. Thank God I wore a bra today, she thought with a hint of amusement at her expense.

“See that?” She demanded. “That gives me all the goddamn right in the world to be in your room right now, Piotr. You owe me that much.”

His eyes strayed to the bruises, his posture slouching a bit. Ali could almost see the weight he shouldered. In that moment, he reminded her of the mythical Atlas. A personal favorite among old Greek myths, she thought that this young mutant tried to carry the world on his shoulders like that same plucky hero.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered. “I didn’t…”

“What?” Ali threw her hands up when he halted. “Damn it, Pete, you’re fucking infuriating!”

His eyes locked onto hers after a careful study of her face. Ali moved closer, so close she could feel the heat of his body. It made her shiver slightly. One of her hands shoved at his chest, not at all surprised when he didn’t so much as budge.

“And what would you like me to say?” His voice rumbled as he glared down at her. “What you did…”

“What?!” Ali exploded. “What was wrong with saving your life? You were throwing it away anyway!”

“I did not ask you to!” Piotr fairly shouted.

Ali arched a pierced brow. “Oh, so you are alive. Feel that? It’s called anger.”

He glared at her.

“You have no idea who I am,” Piotr said a touch more evenly. “You…you had no right interfering.”

Ali nearly slapped him across that handsome, tortured face. Paying no mind to the fact that she was half-dressed standing in the bedroom of a man that regularly set her insides on fire, she shook her head, stepping closer yet.

“I had every right,” she shot back. “You knew…you knew that Pyro was here for you, that Fate had already taken you once. You were going to let it happen. Why? What the hell is so damn bad in your life that you wanted the easy way out?”

“Nothing!” Piotr threw his hands into the air, obviously frustrated. “But Fate chose me for a reason, Alison. You should not have upset the balance.”

“Oh holy hell,” she sighed, rubbing her tired eyes. “You’re damn stupid. If Fate was unchangeable, how could Bishop come back? Do you think her so weak as to simply allow that?”

Piotr turned, slamming his bedroom door. Ali jumped slightly, surprised to learn that their raised voices had gifted them with an audience. Her opponent’s swift movement scattered listening teens and one blue fur-ball.

When he faced her again, his hands grasped her arms tightly. Startled by the emotion in his eyes, the red lids from what looked like crying, Ali felt herself soften. She reached for his face, turned away when he jerked his chin from her reach.

Bastard.

“You…” He halted, the breath he inhaled shaky with restraint.

“Piotr…”

“All my life,” Piotr whispered. “I have been surrounded by fear for others. Fear that I would harm them accidentally. I kept myself apart, not worthy to feel as the others do. You, you stupid, foolish girl, nearly died for nothing. I have nothing. My passing would shake no lives.”

She absorbed this carefully, finding it amazing how similarly she had spoken just eighteen months ago. Oh, Dazzler had been there. That dark, lonely room your soul could lock itself into to prevent hurt had been her home for months. She had told herself a million times that it was better to guard one’s heart, even from something so simple as friendship.

“Pete,” she exhaled. “Don’t you see what Bishop was saying? Your death destroyed the X-Men. They love you. Do you have any idea what I’d give for that?”

He released her gently, surprising Ali when her arms did not hurt. Even in his anger, he had controlled himself.

“Don’t,” he shook his head. “Just leave me alone.”

“I swear to God,” Alison groaned. “I don’t know whether to kiss you or show you my right hook up close and personal.”

Their eyes locked across the dim space between them. Ali could feel the heat flare between them, quickly replacing her anger with desire. It wasn’t right, what this idiot could do to her with one glance at those impossibly dark eyes.

He felt nothing, Ali surmised. If he was anywhere in the same neighborhood as she had been, he kept emotion as far away as he could. Ali never wanted to go back there. She felt everything now, even to her own detriment. Anything was so much better than nothing. Being alone wasn’t an option anymore.

She would see to it that Piotr understood that as well, though it was incredibly painful to let that emotion in after so long without.

Surprising her again, Piotr took a step toward her, grasping her biceps in his massive hands once more. Unlike before, there was no anger in his touch. This was pure, undiluted desire and it made Ali’s head swim.

Piotr leaned toward Ali until she could feel the warmth of his breath against her lips.

“Kiss me.” His demand was hot, making her knees turn into butter.

She desperately wanted to be able to resist him. Really and truly, Ali wanted to reach back and deck this stupid, stubborn man. But the heat in his gaze, in his touch, was too much. It brought her back to that night in the security room, when his kiss had melted her like snow to spring’s thaw.

Giving in, Ali gracefully pulled herself up to her tiptoes and mashed her lips to Piotr’s. He let loose a groan that could have been her name, strong arms encircling her instantly. Ali was lifted, settled on his waist with her legs wrapped around him before her lips parted to invite him inside.

One of his hands found it’s way to her hair, fisting in the long locks to hold her in place. Ali whimpered as his tongue slipped into her mouth, threatening to devour her. She let him. She wanted to be devoured by this man as though the world were ending all around them. Desperate, heady, his kiss sent her senses into mayhem and she found herself completely comfortable with that feeling.

When his free hand grasped her backside, Ali tore her mouth from his to gasp. He had the nerve to smirk. Ali gave him a mock glare, ducking her head to feather kisses onto his neck. Piotr groaned again, the sound sending delicious shivers down her spine. God, she wanted to make him do that again.

“Put me down,” she requested huskily when her mouth reached his ear.

Without a word, Piotr gently put her on the floor. Ali stumbled slightly, her equilibrium unbalanced by lust for a moment. Then, reaching past him, she locked the bedroom door before meeting his eyes.

“Didn’t think I was leaving, did ya?” She winked, her hands grasping the hem of his shirt.

Fear flashed into Piotr’s eyes. “Should we…”

“Shh,” Ali silenced him with a gentle kiss. “You won’t hurt me.”

Ah, she thought as his eyes reflected surprise. He’d never voiced it, but she knew. He was terrified of what he might do. Ali found herself completely unafraid, though the last time they’d kissed she ended up with bruises.

With entreating hands, Ali pulled the thin cotton of his tee over his head, licking her lips when a wealth of tanned flesh was suddenly bare to feasting eyes. She tossed his shirt over her shoulder, pressing wet, open-mouthed kisses to the twitching muscles of his chest.

Piotr lifted her again, walking her toward the bed until he could lay her onto it. They helped one another toss papers and clothing off of the mattress before Piotr flattened her to the bed, covering her smaller body with his.

Ali ran her hands up the broad expanse of his back, enjoying the hisses and sighs that escaped his lips. He unfastened the front closure of her bra, pulling the flimsy material away to reveal her bare breasts.

She was careful about moving as Piotr kissed her flesh with more care and tenderness than she expected. Ali sighed contently when he feathered soft, innocent kisses over her bruises before taking an already taut nipple into his mouth.

As though his rough tongue against sensitive flesh unleashed a firestorm of energy, they tore at one another. Her boots were tossed across the room, smacking into the carefully propped portraits. Piotr did not even bother removing her jeans. He grasped the waistline and with one tug of his preternatural strength, effectively tore them down the seam.

“You’re replacing those,” Ali gasped as he threw the destroyed material over his shoulder.

“No, I’m not,” he replied, nibbling at her lips. “You started this.”

Ali grinned, nipping at his bottom lip. “Ask me if I’m ashamed…go on. Ask me.”

Piotr chuckled, the husky, rumbling sound making Ali’s center pool with want. She fought with the zip of his jeans, finally divesting him of his boxers and pants with his help. Hissing at the feel of bare flesh on bare flesh, Ali cradled his larger form in her arms, his hips between her thighs.

He leaned up on his elbows, hands brushing long blonde locks from her face as dark eyes bored into hers. Ali stared back, unwilling to flinch and knowing if she did, that he would bolt for the door. She touched his face gently, tracing the lines of it almost lovingly.

“You’re going to be trouble,” his whispered, a slight smile curving that perfect mouth.

“They’ve been tellin’ me that since the day I was born, comrade.” Ali replied, dragging her toes up and down his bare leg.

Ali kissed him again, hard and demanding. Piotr responded instantly, his hands tracing the gentle swells of her body, making her writhe under his touch.

“This won’t hurt you?” He questioned as another set of light, teasing kisses were rained on her chest.

“Uh…no?” Ali gasped, her hands grasping the pillows. “I might explode though.”

“I certainly hope so,” Piotr chuckled.

“Oh shut up.”

He chuckled into her flesh again, his hands shifting her thighs apart further. Piotr shifted, clearing his throat as he met Ali’s eyes again. She arched her brow, wrapping her hands at his nape to ensure he was looking at her.

“Been a while?”

Her lover nodded silently.

“It’s ok,” she whispered, kissing him again. “We’ve got time. You’ll remember how it all works.”

Settling more comfortably between her thighs, Piotr rocked his hips gently. Ali felt her eyes cross before she slammed them closed, the feel of his hard length hot against her thigh. Piotr groaned again, wrapping her into another of his toe-curling kisses.

Ali could never be termed a patient woman. She wiggled her hand between them, grasping his cock and stroking it gently.

Piotr tore his mouth from hers, swearing harshly in his mother tongue. Ali quieted him softly, feeling him rock harder into her hand. She pulled gently, leading him toward her as tenderly as she could when consumed by desire and rampant need.

He took her silent cue, sliding inside of her warmth with one hard thrust. Their groans reverberated off the walls of his bedroom. Ali locked her legs around him, enjoying the hard, heavy feel of Piotr buried inside of her. His hands reached for hers, their fingers locking together as they held onto each other.

A hard thrust of her hips invited Piotr to take his pleasure in her body. He did so immediately, setting a slow, but demanding pace. Ali tossed her head against the pillows, his invasion welcome and consuming. She tightened her muscles, pulling him deeper.

Piotr lost all control. He slammed into her, making Ali nearly scream in pleasure. But he took her mouth, her noises of impending release lost on his lips. Panting, sweating with exertion, Ali met his frantic thrusts with her own, her body begging him to throw her off the precipice between sanity and heaven.

When they found it, they did so together. Locked in a mass of sweaty limbs and keening cries, Ali and Piotr tumbled off the edge into bliss mere heartbeats apart. And when it was over, Piotr gathered her into his arms, his massive hand covering the tender space between her breasts as though to feel her heart’s frantic beating.

They said no more as the day was spent in one another’s arms.

~**~


Kitty popped her bedroom door open, peering down the hall as day broke over the mansion. Bobby’s chest was against her back as they ensured the coast was clear.

He wrapped her into a quick kiss before bolting from her room. Once he was safely inside, Kitty turned to duck back into her room. She should feel ashamed, she knew that. But it was hard to when her heart knew this was right. Whatever Bobby had with Marie had been over for months, but neither of them were ballsy enough to end it.

She was tired of waiting for him. Even if she had to sneak for a while, it would have to be worth it.

Kitty heard a soft, familiar giggle and peeked around the corner of her door. Holding her sheet tighter to her chest, she noticed Piotr’s bedroom door open a crack. Her eyebrows shot up to her hairline when she noticed a tiny blonde kissing the tall Russian for all she was worth. Kitty grinned at the sight of Ali in Piotr’s way too large shirt as they parted.

Piotr leaned against his door, a goofy, satisfied grin on his face as he lounged in pajama bottoms sans shirt. Ali blew him a kiss as she turned toward the room. Kitty bolted back inside, waiting for her friend.

When the blonde darted into the room, she was flushed, giggling and looked pretty well satisfied herself. Kitty grinned, sitting primly on the bed with her sheet-Toga.

“Well, well, well…”

Ali startled, closing the door and turning to the other girl with a grin. “Oh. Hey.”

Deep green eyes glanced over Kitty and one light brow arched. “Holy shit! Did you and the Iceboy…get it on?”

Kitty rolled her eyes. “Get it on? What are you, twelve?”

“Uh, no,” Ali grinned wickedly. “Ask Petey, I’m all woman, Kitten.”

“Ok, ew. The guy is like my brother. Now I have to scrub my brain.”

Ali chuckled, dropping her boots by the door and coming closer. Her hair was wet, hinting that she’d showered. Lucky bitch. Piotr was one of the few students with a bathroom all to himself. That had to be invitation for all manner of fun stuff.

The girls chatted amicably as they dressed for the day, after Kitty grabbed a shower in the bathroom they shared with Jubilee and the absent Rogue. Ali replaced all her earrings that had been removed during her stay in the med-lab, applying makeup beside Kitty as they talked over their nocturnal adventures.

“My God,” Kitty told Ali as they applied mascara. “He’s…stamina. Cannot do without stamina.”

“You kidding? I didn’t sleep. At all.” Ali dusted her eyelids with a soft cocoa shadow. “Isn’t it cool how sex can replace sleep?”

Kitty giggled. “Mmm. Yeah. Don’t I know it.”

When they finished, the girls headed out of the room, unable to wipe massive grins from their faces. Kitty’s, however, faltered when Piotr came out of his room, immediately slinging an arm over Ali’s shoulders. They looked adorable. Like a couple.

Kitty greeted Bobby with a nod and smile, as she did every morning. Her blue-eyed lover looked upset by this, so she squeezed his hand quickly. That earned her a quick, though haunted smile.

When the foursome reached the foyer, talking over the plans for helping rebuild the destroyed sections of the mansion, Bobby froze.

“BOBBY!”

Kitty whipped around quickly, spotting Marie rushing from the sitting room. She leapt into Bobby’s arms, raining kisses over his face. Ali took Kitty’s hand, threading their fingers together in that oddly feminine gesture of comfort.

She couldn’t stand it. Not watching them, not when she could hear Bobby’s whispered endearments in her ear, his groans of her name as they made love.

“I can’t do this,” Kitty turned to leave the room. To her surprise, Piotr and Ali were hot on her heels.

So, Ali dealt with Jubilee when the girl appeared before them.

“Something wrong, Pussycat?”

The Asian girl smirked. Ali stepped between her and Kitty, heedless to Piotr’s soft call of her name.

“You got a problem, Sparkles?”

Jubilee disliked Ali on sight her first night in the mansion. Perhaps it was instant hatred based on clashing personalities…more likely, Jubilee hated anyone close to Kitty. Ali, however, was not one to back down. Kitty reached for her hand, not surprised when she was as ignored as the massive Piotr.

“Not at all,” Jubilee said in that slimy tone. “Just wondering why no one said hello to Marie.”

Ali smirked. “No need.”

“Oh?”

“Uh-huh.” Ali stepped back, throwing her arm over Kitty’s shoulders. “I’m on her side.” She pointed to Piotr. “As I’m sleeping with him, he’s on her side by default.”

Piotr slapped a hand over his eyes. Jubilee’s jaw clenched so hard Kitty swore she could hear teeth grinding, even over Marie’s squeals behind them.

“That’s not smart.”

Ali was in Jubilee’s face in the space between heartbeats. “Yeah? You got something to say?”

“Sure,” Jubilee whispered. “I can’t wait to tell Marie all about it.”

“Oh, shit,” Piotr swore behind Kitty. He reached for her shoulder, drawing Shadowcat back several feet and to the left.

Before anyone could stop her, Ali reared back and solidly decked Jubilee in the face. The other girl flew backward, crying out in pain.

All other motion in the busy foyer stopped immediately.





You must login () to review.