Alright here is chapter Two. This may seem a little slow, but everything in due time I always say. Don’t forget to review. I take all comments and suggestions into consideration. I’ve never been flamed, but I assure you that they will not bother me.


Two years later…

“Come on Jeanie, you have to look nice today” yelled a twelve year old Ororo. She dragged a brush through her “sisters” gorgeous red hair. She and Jean had decided to become sisters shortly after meeting each other. “ I don’t see why I have to dress up,” mumbled Jean. Ororo stepped back to admire her handiwork. Jeans hair fell in rippling curls down her back. She wore a green dress that exactly matched her eyes. Jean snatched the brush, “Your turn Ro” she said. She quickly ran the brush through Ororo’s hair, pulling it into a high ponytail. Even pulled up her hair reached her waist. Ororo personally hated these visits; they made her feel like a piece of meat on display. She had endured them for the past five years.

Jeanie was always hopeful, and Ro hated to see the light dim from her eyes when they weren’t adopted. A while later, they slowly made their way downstairs. Adults and children were scattered around the room in small groups talking. ‘Here we go again’ thought Ororo. “Jean Ororo, come here girls, there’s someone for you to meet” called Mrs. Thomas. The girls made their way over to her. She was standing with a short woman. The woman had short black hair and warm hazel eyes. “Hello girls” she greeted them, her voice was soft and slightly accented. Jean smiled brightly, and Ororo gave a shy smile. “Girls this is Angeline Trent. Why don’t you show her around” gushed Mrs. Thomas.

Angeline took each girl by the hand and them outside. “So girls tell me about yourselves” she said. “Jeanie is a wonderful dancer, and she’s really good at math,” said Ororo. More than anything she wanted Jean to have a good family. Jean gave her a look. “Ro is a great dancer too. She loves flowers and gardening. She can name all the flowers out here,” she said. Angeline thoughtfully regarded each girl as they took turns praising each other to the sky. They came to a stone bench in the yard. When they sat, Angeline continued to question them. “So I take it that you two are good friends?” she said. The girls gave each other a look and answered together “We’re sisters.”

Angeline knew that they were not biological sisters, but it was obvious that they were close. “What would happen if you were spilt up” she asked. The look of dread upon their faces broke Angeline’s heart. Ororo squared her shoulders before answering. “We would still be sisters. Its what’s in your heart that counts. Anyway you should adopt Jeanie, she’d make a wonderful daughter” said Ororo. “NO!! You should take Ro; she’s been here longer. She’s thoughtful and sweet, she’d be the perfect daughter,” asserted Jean. Angeline smiled to herself. Today she had come to adopt a child to fill a void in her life left by her late husband. She hadn’t decided upon a boy or girl, black or white.

Angeline herself was a product of an interracial marriage. Her father was a Frenchman and her mother was Jamaican. Angeline claimed to be neither black nor white. These two little girls had quickly found a place in her heart. She didn’t stop to think, her heart wouldn’t let her. “Would you both like to be my daughters?” she asked them smiling. Disbelief, awe, and shock then slowly happiness joy showed across their faces. “Do you mean it? You want Jeanie and me?” asked Ororo. The utter disbelief in her voice made tears well up in Angeline’s eyes. ‘How could this child not know how special she was’ she thought.

“Yes…I really want both of you for my daughters” answered Angeline. “Do we have to call you Mom?” asked Jean. Only Ororo knew what happened to her real mother, and she didn’t know if she could call this woman mother. Angeline’s kind eyes lit up with understanding. “Only if you want to Sweetie,” she answered. Jean nodded and sighed. “I would like to call you mother,” said Ororo. Jean and Ororo let out great shouts of laughter and hugged each other and Angeline. They remained in the garden for the remainder of the visit, getting to know each other.

The next few weeks passed in a blur of visits and joy. The adoptions went smoothly and in no time the girls moved to Vermont with their “mother”. The girls were in awe; they had their own room in Angeline’s brownstone. They also acquired more clothes than they had ever seen in their short lives. It was early summer when the adoptions were final. To celebrate Angeline decided to take the girls to Jamaica to visit her parents. When she told them, Jean was excited, but Ro looked terrified. “Ro…sweetie…what’s wrong?” she asked. Ororo shook her head not answering. Jean took Ro’s hand before turning to Angeline. “Ro’s mama and daddy died on a plane. It crashed in the water,” whispered Jean.

Tears spilled from Ororo’s azure eyes. “Oh baby…I’m sorry,” cried Angeline pulling Ororo into her arms. Jean completed the hug. “Look Ro we don’t have to go to Jamaica, we can stay here…okay?” assured Angeline. Ororo pulled away from them, looking at Jean. Jean really wanted to go meet their new grandparents. “I…I’ll go. I want to go, I’ll be alright if you both hold my hand” she whispered. Jean gave a cheer. Angeline was more cautious. “Are you sure baby girl?” she asked. The pet names and endearments came naturally to her, the girls loved them. “Yeah momma, I’m sure.”

The next week found them on a plane to Jamaica. Ororo sat as still as stone between her mother and sister. “You okay Ro?” asked Jean. She wanted to enjoy the flight, but she couldn’t when her sister was terrified. Ororo gave a small smile. “I’m fine Jeanie,” she said. Jean gave her a glare. “You don’t have to be brave for me Ro. It’s my turn…okay. Now sit back and close your eyes. I’ll tell you the story about the two wicked witches of Westchester…Amanda and Chelsea” laughed Jean. Ororo gave a giggle as she began to relax. After that the flight went smoothly.

Raphael and Claudine Trent met their daughter and granddaughters at the airport. Angeline got her wide hazel eyes from her father, and her height from her mother. Hugs and kisses greeted them. Jean and Ororo were pleasantly shocked to learn that their grandparents lived in a villa on the beach. They quickly unpacked and soon they were racing to the beach with grandpa Rafe. Angeline and her mother followed at a more leisurely pace.


“They are lovely girls Angie” said Claudine. “Thanks Mom, I can’t wait until they start school. They are both such talented dancers” smiled Angeline. Claudine gave her daughter a hard look. “ We didn’t know that you planned to adopt two children…can you afford it?” she questioned. Angeline sighed. “ I wasn’t planning on adopting two children, but I couldn’t separate the girls. They were both so vulnerable and needy. If I work more hours and cut back on the expenses we can get by nicely. I won’t let my girls suffer or be separated” vowed Angeline. The girls laughed and waved at them. Money was something that worried Angeline, two children would put a strain one her, but like she told her mother, she wouldn’t giver her girls up for anything. Somehow she would make things work.


That’s it for now, I know this is starting off kind of slow, but I wanted everyone to know Ororo and Jean’s history to explain some of their choices later in life. Next chapter will take place years later. The girls are 18… Heartbreak, sex, and dancing coming soon. Don’t forget to read and review.





You must login () to review.