Ororo was determined to get on with her life; she threw herself into helping Jean prepare for her audition. It worker for a while, she didn’t allow herself to think of Forge or his betrayal. She did her best to avoid him, but the inevitable first meeting happened about a month after the breakup. She and Jean were walking to practice when she saw him and his friends in front of a popular café.

Ororo was self conscious about the body-hugging leotard that she was wearing. It left nothing to the imagination. Jean noticed Ororo hesitate. “Don’t let that creep bother you Ro,” she whispered. Ororo straightened her spine and continued past. Catcalls and wolf whistles heralded their approach. The sisters ignored them and hurried past.

“Ro...can I talk to you?” called Forge, running behind them. Both girls turned around, this annoyed him. “Jeannie can I talk to Ro alone?” he demanded. Before Jean could answer, Ororo said, “ My sister isn’t going anywhere. We don’t keep secrets from each other. I have nothing to say to you Forge but goodbye” With that she turned on her heel and left.

Jean turned and regarded Forge with icy jade eyes. “You really fucked up a good thing you jerk. If you ever come near my sister again you will regret it!” she hissed, before she turned to catch up to Ororo. Practice was intense and ran late. Angeline was already awaiting them. In her hands she held two envelopes addressed from Bromwell. Both girls stared at each other, neither wanting to go first. “Oh let’s just get this over with,” said Ororo grabbing the one addressed to her. Jean did the same. They each scanned their letters. Squeals of delight rang throughout the house. They had both earned dance scholarships to Bromwell.

“Oh babies...I’m so proud of you!” cried Angeline embracing her girls. “Now you can quit one of your jobs Momma,” said Jean. “Yes...you can take a vacation with the money you saved for us. Go to Jamaica and see Grandma and Grandpa,” said Ororo. Angeline smiled at her girls. “You two are so thoughtful. Maybe I will take a vacation.,” she said. “Not maybe...you will take a vacation. With Ro and me in Boston you will get lonely. Go visit grams and gramps,” stated Jean.

“Okay, okay I know when I’m beat. I’ll make the arrangements tomorrow, I can’t believe my babies are going to such a prestigious college” cried Angeline, tears in her eyes. “ It’s all right momma...we’ll call and visit often” assured Ororo. The next few months passed in a blur. Graduation was great, both Jean and Ororo received awards for all of the clubs they were in. Angeline snapped about a million pictures, she even got a few of Forge. He was too polite to refuse her, besides he always like her.

Ororo and Jean were both surprised when they arrived home, parked in the driveway was a silver Mitsubishi Eclipse with a red bow on top. “OH MOMMA!!! ITS SO COOL!!” cried Jean. “Well I didn’t want to leave you two stranded in Boston,” said Angeline. “You’re the best mother in whole world. “ said Ororo hugging her. Later that night Jean and Ororo packed up their car. They found another surprise inside the car. Attached to the visors were two cell phones, one red one white. “You know Jeannie our mother is an amazing woman. She rescued us, sacrificed for us; she gave us a loving home. She’s a real angel” whispered Ororo, tears in her eyes. “I know...who knows what would have happened if she hadn’t taken her in. We have to do everything in our power to make it up to her. We have to make her proud of us.” said Jean; tears were streaming down her face.

The next day they made the long drive to Boston. The girls in one car, Angeline and her friend Sarah in the other. They arrived at Bromwell University at Mid-afternoon. The campus was huge. They lucked up and were assigned off-campus housing because of the larger than normal enrollment.

“We have our own apartment!” cried Jean. The apartment was two bedrooms and fully furnished. It tool half an hour to get everything upstairs and unpacked. “Are you sure that you are going to be all right here alone?” questioned Angeline. They assured her that they would be fine, and she left shortly after. For the first time in six years they were on their own.


I’m stopping here, but guess what you lucky people????????? I’m adding another chapter. YAY!!!!





You must login () to review.