The classes at Bromwell were very difficult. Jean was Physics major while Ororo was a Business major. They balanced a full schedule on top of the demands of being a part of one of the most respected dance troupe in the nation. Two years passed, things were going great when disaster struck. They were summoned to the financial aid office. Confused the girls listened in horror as the counselor told them that their scholarships had been cut from the budget. They could still be a part of the University dance troop, but after this semester their tuition would no longer be paid.

Jean and Ororo went back to their apartment, they were both numb. “What are we going to do?” whispered Jean. “We have to get jobs...we can’t tell Momma. She’ll only worry and work herself to death” said Ororo. “What kind of job could we get that would cover both of our tuition, the rent and money for food?” asked Jean. “I...I don’t know. Whispered Ororo. They sat in Ororo’s room. They brain stormed for hours. Ororo nodded off. An idea tickled Jean’s brain.

‘Could they do it?’

‘Would Ororo agree?’

Jean shook her sister awake. “Ro...I have an idea, but I don’t think that you will like it” she said. Ororo eyed her sister. “What...what is it ...tell me” she said. “Well...we’re both pretty..and... uh...guys find us attractive....”she started. “We are not becoming prostitutes!” yelled Ororo. Jean’s eyes widened and she laughed. “No... that’s not what I was thinking. We...we could be.... dancers.... you know the exotic type” she said in a rush.

“Strippers!? Jeannie are you crazy? We can’t strip!” protested Ororo. Jean raised a fiery brow. “Think about it Ro. We both know how to dance, we’re sexy, and we can make enough money to pay for everything. We won’t have to worry Momma,” explained Jean. Ororo thought about it. “We’re not old enough Jeannie” she said.

“We’ll get fake ID’s. Were almost twenty Ro.,” answered Jean. “Well we can’t do it in Boston...we’‘ have to go somewhere like New York.” said Ororo, not believing that she was agreeing with this mad scheme. “Oh God I can’t believe that we’re doing this!” cried Ororo. “We have to do this for us and for Momma” said Jean. Ororo sighed. “ I know Jeannie...this is going to be hard for both of us. So.... what are we going to call ourselves?” asked Ororo with a sad smirk.. Jean returned the smirk. “Hmm....how about cinnamon and sugar?” she suggested.

Ororo rolled her expressive sapphire eyes. Jean compared their eyes. “Jade and Sapphire?” she said. “Ugh...no” vetoed Ororo. Jean sighed and began to twirl her hair, a habit leftover from childhood. ‘I really need to trim my ends’ she thought to herself. Her eyed studied Ororo’s hair and inspiration struck. “How about Fire and Ice!” she cried. “Fire and Ice....I like it. I suppose you’re Fire?” laughed Ororo. That night they slept in Ororo’s room, neither wanted to be alone.

The following weekend they scouted a few clubs in New York. One club offered them employment on the spot. The sticky floors, dirty glasses, obvious drug use, and dirty club owner were a definite turn off. Finally they came to a huge complex. From the outside it didn’t look like an average strip joint. The sign simply said “Xavier’s”. They gave each other bracing looks before heading inside.

Inside the place screamed elegance and money. There were plush carpets, chandeliers, a huge maple leaf bar with real leather bar stools, and the curtains appeared to be real velvet. In awe they stared open mouthed. A tall brunette came over to them. She was dressed in a yellow silk robe, a red teddy peeked from underneath. “Hi my name is Kathryn Pryde, but you can call me Kitty. How can I help you?” she asked. “My name is Jeannie and this is my sister Ro. We saw an ad for dancers. Is this the right place?” asked Jean. Kitty gave them a frank once-over, and then smiled. “Yeah, this is the right place. Follow me, I’ll take you to meet Mr. Xavier,” she said. They followed Kitty through an intricate series of hallways to a private glass elevator.

They went to the top floor. Stepping off they came to two black double doors. Kitty threw open the doors and called out “Excuse me Mr. Xavier, we have two young ladies who are interested in dancing.” A bald gentleman sat behind a huge glass desk. His wheelchair was visible. “Hello ladies, I’m Charles Xavier, owner and proprietor of Xavier’s. Please come closer,” he said. His mellow voice instantly put them at ease.

He studied them intently when they stepped forward. Xavier has spent the last thirty years in the entertainment business, he knew good girls when he saw them. Both of them were fresh faced and innocent looking. He was curious to know what motivated them to come here. He asked the their ages. They said they were 21, he knew they lied even if the ID’s they handed him sis look authentic.

As they talked he let his eyes wander over their lithe frames. Jeannie was around 5'8 with creamy bronze skin. She had full high breast and long dancers legs. Her hair was a luscious red streaked with gold. He turned his attention to the other one Ro. This exotic beauty was an inch taller than her sister, standing around 5'9. What was alluring about her was her glorious froth of snow-white tresses. He wondered if it were natural. Her breasts were a bit fuller than her sisters’. Smooth caramel skin and startling sapphire eyes completed the package. These two jewels would make excellent additions to his club.

“Well ladies, I will give you an opportunity to dance for me. I hope you realize that this is a gentleman’s club. You will have to expose yourself to men. Do either of you have a problem with that?” he asked bluntly. Jean blushed and Ororo’s eyes got wide. “No Mr. Xavier that will not be a problem.’ said Jean. Ororo straightened her spine. “There is only one thing Mr. Xavier...we are college students, and will not be available throughout the week. Will that be a problem?” asked Ororo.

Xavier liked her spunk. “No, that will not be a problem Ro” he said. “Kitty!” he called. The Brunette hurried into the office. “Take Ro and Jeanie to the staging area. Get them oriented, they start next weekend.” he said dismissing them. Outside the office Jean and Ororo gave each other relieved hugs. Kitty just smiled and said, “Welcome to Xavier’s.”



There another chapter. Remember to Review. Next chapter: Introducing Logan and Scott.





You must login () to review.