The girls silently followed Kitty back down the elaborate hallway. They couldn’t believe they had actually gone through with it. Kitty led them to a surprisingly professional looking office. “Here are your employee packets; you need to fill these out completely. You’ll have orientation next weekend, and then when I judge that you’re ready, you’ll hit the stage. Just so you know our dancers are required to help work the floor. That means a little light waitressing. I wouldn’t worry too much about that though, the tips on the floor are excellent” rattled Kitty.

Ororo and Jean glanced through all of the paperwork. Kitty read the expression of dread on there faces. “Hey this paperwork is private no one gets to see it but Mr. Xavier” she assured them. The girls shared a look. “Well you see the thing is we’re not exactly 21” said Jean. Kitty gave them a frosty look. “Then how old are you? What are you doing here?” she demanded.

Ororo’s sapphire eyes narrowed and she pinned Kitty with an icy glare. “We are sorry for our deception, but we desperately need these jobs. Our scholarships were cut from the school budget and this is the only way we can pay our tuition and stay at school” she explained. Kitty’s face lost its fierce scowl. And a look of understanding came across her face. “What school do you go to?” she asked.

“Bromwell University” answered Jean. Another angry look crossed Kitty’s face. “That figures. Those bastards cut my scholarship last spring. Without any warning, I was stuck trying to finance my way through school. They shouldn’t be allowed to do that shit” she sneered. Relief swept through the girls. “So you understand where we are coming from?” said Ororo. “Yeah I understand, I’m only twenty myself. Mr. Xavier was a close friend of my parents, and he offered to pay my tuition, but I had too much pride. So I offered to work here for him, he fudged my paperwork. I’m sure we could do the same for you” said Kitty.

“Won’t he get into trouble with the law” asked Jean. Kitty gave a secret smile. “No” was all she said. Kitty helped Jean and Ororo fill out their papers. She then led them to the dressing rooms. “This is where you will prepare for your shows. You will each have your own vanity and wardrobe. Your stage name will be added to each one” she said pointing out the names inscribed on each vanity.

DAZZLER.

WHITE QUEEN.

KITTY.

MYSTIQUE.

Each station was unique to the person who owned it. Kitty led them to two empty stations. “These will be yours. If you two have the time we can begin your orientation now. We’ll start off with a tour of the place, and see where we end up” said Kitty.

So Jean and Ororo followed Kitty through Xavier’s. The club was truly massive. Luxury and comfort were in every line. No expense was spared. Kitty informed them that every light fixture and champagne flute was made of Waterford crystal. The bar only served the best; Moet, Cristal, Krug, Sam Adam’s Utopia just to name a few. Tables adorned with Egyptian cotton linens and set with Vera Wang Blanc sur Blanc Wedgwood china surrounded an enormous stage.

When they finally arrived back stage, Kitty handed them two large catalogues. “Here, take these. You can order your costumes from them. Don’t worry about the cost; Xavier’s provides all of our uniforms” informed Kitty. Jean thumbed through them, her emerald eyes widening at the outrageous attire contained inside. “I would suggest that you don’t order anything white, or Emma will kill you” said Kitty. At their questioning looks, Kitty explained. “Emma is the White Queen, everything she wears is white. No one and I mean no one else is allowed to wear her color.”

Kitty led them onto the stage. Jean panicked when she noticed exactly how many tables were on the floor. “This place holds a lot of people” she said. For the first time what they were doing really hit home. “Ro, what the hell are we doing?” she cried, turning to her sister. “We have to be out of our mind” she said. Ororo gave Jean a stern look. “We are saving our mother from worry and heartache. We are saving our mother from working herself to death. We are doing the only thing we can do Jeannie. So suck it up, we can do this. Don’t forget this was your idea” said Ororo. “You’re right…sorry. I’m just a little overwhelmed. We can do this…for mom” said Jean.

Just as they were about to leave the stage, two well dressed gentlemen appeared. One wore ruby tinted shades. Both were tall and wore Armani suits. “Hey Kitten where’s Chuck?” said the dark haired one. His voice was smooth like malt whiskey, his slate gray eyes boldly roaming over Ororo and Jean. His gaze went first to Jean giving her a brief but thorough once over. He then switched to Ororo skimming up her long legs, lingering on her full bosom, before finally staring into her stormy blue eyes.

The other man was just as thorough in his inspection. Before either girl could object to the leering stares they were getting, Kitty informed them that Mr. Xavier was in his office. “Aren’t you going to introduce us Kitten?” asked the one wearing the shades. “I don’t think so Scott. You and Logan will have to wait until their big début” said Kitty, ushering the girls to the back.

During that exchange, Ororo and Logan never broke their gaze. It wasn’t until Kitty firmly shoved her through the curtain that she finally turned away. “Don’t even think about getting tied up with those two” advised Kitty. “Why not?” asked Jean. “Let me tell something, Scott Summers and Logan St. John are very, very wealthy men. They are also born heartbreakers. If you want to fool around with them, and get some extra money, then by all means do it. They are fabulous tippers. Just don’t get your heart involved. They have girlfriends, and all you could ever hope to be is the girl on the side. I know what I’m talking about. If you don’t believe me, remind me to tell you about Emma and Scott” said Kitty.

Duly warned the girls put the two handsome men out of their minds.





You must login () to review.