Dream: Part 2

Chapter 3 – Coffee and Ice Cream

Ororo sat in her office sipping her coffee. This time she left the door wide open, hoping some sort of catastrophe would occur so she would have an excuse to leave her office before Logan left the kitchen. Or perhaps some part of her decided to leave the door open in case Logan did walk by.

Did she want him to stroll past, see her sitting behind her desk and possibly walk in? Or would it be better for him to see an empty office? He couldn’t possibly think she was avoiding him then. But if she was sitting there, would he even bother coming in?

Ororo shook her head at that. Of course he would walk in if he caught her. He knew had a reason to tease her and she knew the man would take advantage of that. She couldn’t believe she left her door unlocked when she decided to take a short nap. Did she talk in her sleep? Was her mouth open?


His hands ran down her side, before gripping her hips tightly, pulling her back against him. Silently he had crept up behind her while she stood in front of her desk on the phone. She felt his breath tickling her ear.

“You should hang up now, darlin’.” His voice against her ear sent shivers down her spine.

Before she had the chance to politely end her phone call, he ripped the receiver from her hand and slammed it down onto the cradle. Quickly he spun her around to face him, grinning down at her. She opened her mouth to tell him off, but his hands pulled her close again before she had the chance to begin.

Gripping her hips tighter, he lifted her up so she was sitting on the edge of her desk, knocking a few things over and hiking up the skirt of her suit in the process. She felt him running his hands along the exposed skin of her upper thighs, prying her legs apart so he could stand between them, which he did a few moments later. She felt him pressing against her through the material of his jeans as he lifted her legs and wrapped them around his waist.

She murmured his name as he leaned closer, whispering hers. She felt his hands running through her hair as he kissed her



Ororo shook her head in an attempt to clear the flashes from her latest dream from her head. She needed to get out of this office and away from her desk. She stood, straightening her black suit skirt and smoothing her hands over the sides of her white blouse. Images of his hands ripping apart her blouse flashed in her mind.

It would probably be a good idea for her to change her clothes as well.

Ororo closed her eyes, reaching up to rub her temples as if erasing the dreams from her memory. How was she supposed to get any work done with all these distractions? She groaned lowering her head, squeezing her eyes shut. Perhaps she could find a telepath that would be able to rid her of the dreams. Or maybe Henry could come up with something to help.

She felt hands on her shoulders, thumbs kneading the muscles over her shoulder blades. Ororo shook her head again, sighing. Would she ever be able to stop these flashes from breaking her concentration?

“Goddess!” She shouted, realizing that those hands were not dream induced hallucinations and pulling away to see Logan standing behind her.

“Must you sneak up on me like that?”

He shrugged, grinning in a way that should be considered a threat to womankind everywhere, “You seemed tense. Thought I could help ya out.”

“A warning would’ve been nice, Logan. Really.”

“Maybe I just like gettin’ a rise outta ya.”

“I would prefer if you found your amusement elsewhere.”

“You sayin’ you don’t like me bein’ close ta ya?” Logan replied inching closer to Ororo who had moved toward one corner of her desk. He nearly smirked when she took a step back.

“No, Logan, I am not saying anything like that.”

“Seems like ya are,” He pointed out, taking a sideways step towards her, hoping to block her from heading towards the closed door. She took a sideways step opposite him, putting herself closer to the wall without realizing it.

“I am not going to stand here arguing with you,” Ororo crossed her arms.

“Then prove yer not,” Logan took another step in her direction, causing her to unknowingly trap herself in a corner. Before she had time to realize what had happened, he blocked her in with his arms, moving closer and pressing his palms flat against the walls. She frowned, glancing around herself.

“Logan, this is not funny.” She wasn’t happy with what had just happened. Even worse, she was barely stopping herself from wrapping her arms around his neck and drawing him closer. When did her dreams start taking over her life?

“Never was one fer makin’ jokes, darlin’,” He moved closer, inhaling her scent. He could smell the soft floral scent of her shampoo, the smell of sandalwood and rain coming off of her skin and her
 arousal.

Logan stared down at Ororo. That couldn’t be right. He moved even closer, forcing Ororo to press back against the corner so they wouldn’t touch, and tested her scent again. It was still there, slightly stronger this time. Her heart rate had also increased.

Well, that was certainly new. Logan was sure he would’ve noticed that before. Ororo cleared her throat. He moved back, dropping his arms to his sides, watching her.

“Guess you proved me wrong.”

“Yes, I did,” Ororo moved back to her desk, refusing to look at him. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have work to do.”

Logan nodded, even though she wasn’t paying him any attention and headed out the door, pausing only when he heard her sigh as he pulled the door closed. He stuck his head back in, seeing her sitting at the desk, reaching for her coffee.

“Hey, ‘Ro?” She looked up at him, fingers wrapped around the handle. “Let’s go out for ice cream ya like so much tonight.”

A/N: Continue?





You must login () to review.