Chapter 5 “ Strawberry Jam

Ororo woke to the soft rays of early morning sunlight breaking through her curtains and spilling across her face. She turned away before opening her eyes so she wouldn’t be blinded by it and looked up to see the candy bouquet winking down at her through the clear plastic wrappers from the slim glass vase she had set them in. In the sunlight they looked more like polished gemstones than pieces of confectionery. As she gazed at them her thoughts went back to the night before.

She and Logan’s unusual Ben & Jerry’s picnic had been the most fun she had had in a very long time. With a small smile on her face, she got out of her bed and made her way to her bathroom. As she turned on the hot water for her shower Ororo realized that she had had a peaceful and dreamless sleep for the first time in months.

Perhaps all the sugar sent her thoughts rushing through her mind too fast for any one idea to stick around long enough to become a dream. Or maybe since she had already spent real time with Logan, there was no need to conjure him up in her head.

Ororo decided it must have been the first as she stepped into the shower.

Thirty minutes later she was walking down the main staircase, smoothing out the fabric of her burgundy knee length pencil skirt while mentally going through the list of things she needed to do before the end of the day. Students ran by her, smiling and waving in quick greeting. She returned the hellos with a small shake of her head.

‘So much for no running in the halls,’ Ororo thought making her way to the kitchen. She didn’t need her usual coffee this morning, but she wanted to make sure that the kitchen was in at least decent condition.

As she passed through the doorway, muffled giggles and whispers reached her ears. Ororo glanced around, expecting to see a group of students. Instead she saw Rogue, Danielle, Sophia and Betsy sitting at the small table, huddled together. Raising an eyebrow, Ororo cleared her throat. They turned around, looking more like guilty teenagers caught out after curfew than teachers.

“Don’t you all have classes and a Danger Room session to get ready for this morning?” Ororo asked, glancing at the wall clock.

“We were just on our way, luv,” Betsy said as the group stood, grins forming on all of their faces. They looked as if they were going to be on their way, only Rogue turned snatching a piece of paper off the table, folding it quickly.

“Not so fast you four,” Ororo said, holding out her hand. “Let’s see what had you in giggles.”

The four young women took quick glances at each other, before Rogue held the folded paper to Ororo.

She unfolded the paper, scanning its contents slowly a frown forming on her full lips. Once she was finished, she re-folded the paper and looked up at the lined up young women.

“You were writing something like this,” Ororo held up the folded paper for emphasis, “while so many young students were running by? What if one of you had dropped it and one of them picked it up? We are supposed to be their role models and this should wait until after hours and behind a closed door. Understood?” They nodded, looking a bit embarrassed. “Good.”

Rogue reached for the paper, but Ororo pulled it out of her reach. “You four will just have to make a new one or get this from my office at the end of the day. Just be more careful with these kinds of things in the future, alright?” They nodded again, before quickly running off so they would not be late for their classes.

Ororo shook her head, chuckling to herself a bit as she headed to her office. The things people came up with in their spare time.

As she opened the door to her office, she remembered the long day ahead of her. Maybe she should have grabbed a snack from the kitchen before she walked out. Sighing, she decided she would make time later and walked into her office.

The sweet smell of jasmine tea reached her nose as she neared her desk. She had been so distracted thinking of work that she hadn’t noticed the cup or small plate of toast sitting in the center of her desk. Or the folded paper beside the cup.

Ororo took a quick glance over her shoulder and out into the hallway before moving to sit in her chair. She set down the folded paper in her hand, quickly replacing it with the smaller paper by the teacup.

‘Ro,
Thought ya could use a little something to get through your day.
Logan

P.S. Leave your door open.


With a small smile, Ororo turned in her chair, unlocking her window before opening it. She waved her hand in the direction of the door sending a little breeze to push the door shut.

Settling back into her chair, she lifted the cup to her nose, inhaling the sweet scent of her tea before taking a sip. The toast she would save for later.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


…She looked up from the tall stack paperwork in front of her as her door swung open, hitting the wall with a dull thud. Logan walked slowly into her office, frowning at her. His worn brown boots silent the hardwood floors.

“I thought I said ta leave the door open,” He said, reaching back and forcing the door shut with a slight flick if his wrist. After a brief hesitation he half turned back towards the door for a moment, flipping the lock into place. With a few long strides he was at her desk, his dark eyes staring down into her bright blue ones.

“What’s the matter darlin’, cat got yer tongue?” Logan asked, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

She opened her mouth to reply when Logan reached to his back pocket pulling out a slim pair of metal handcuffs…


Ororo blinked, rubbing her temples trying to get the last images of Logan standing in front of her holding a pair of handcuffs out of her head.

‘I supposed I spoke to soon,’ She thought, sighing to herself. Now she had to worry about daydreams interrupting her as well. Her desk clock caught her eye and she realized her class would be starting in five minutes.

Swearing softly under her breath, Ororo gathered her class folders that she set on the corner of her desk and moved as quickly as her pencil skirt would allow.

She glanced back over her shoulder at her desk, to make sure she didn’t accidentally leave anything behind as she opened the door and collided into someone standing right outside her office. Her folders “ and the papers inside “ went flying.

“Woah there darlin’,” Logan said grabbing her forearms as she stumbled a bit. “What’s the rush?”

“Oh, I’m sorry Logan,” Ororo said pulling away and quickly gathering her papers. She would sort them out later. “I have to get to my class,” She added as he crouched down to help her.

“I’m sure they won’t mind ya bein’ a little late,” He said with a grin, handing her the handful of papers he had gathered.

“You are probably right,” Ororo replied with a slight chuckle, taking the papers from him.

Logan caught her wrist before she could pull away, looking right into her eyes. He must have imagined the tiny spark he felt touching her skin. He leaned closer, watching as her pupils dilated. He noticed that her pulse had increased under his fingertips.

“Ya busy tonight?”

Ororo laughed, “I do not think my stomach could handle anymore ice cream.”

“Not exactly what I had in mind fer tonight, ‘Ro.”

“Then what did you have in mind?”

He leaned closer, breathing in her scent and still grinning, “I could tell ya, but then yer class might leave.” With a quick glance at the grandfather clock nearby she stood quickly, clutching her papers to her chest as she rushed down the hall behind him.

“Thanks for the surprise this morning,” She called back over her shoulder.

Logan stood, turning to watch her walk away, admiring those hips and legs of hers wrapped so snugly in wine colored cloth. Once she disappeared into her classroom, he turned to head down to the danger room for a short work out, but paused as a folded piece of paper in ‘Ro’s doorway caught his attention. Crouching again, he picked it up, unfolding it as he stood.

Quickly skimming the page, he chuckled. “The things women do in their spare time,” He muttered, tucking the paper into his back pocket and headed off to his work out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Luckily Ororo didn’t have any conference calls after her class as the discussion went on much longer that she had anticipated. But seeing as though none of her students had a class after hers, she didn’t see a problem with letting them stay and discuss the topics if they were alright with doing so.

She did feel proud that she had managed to get history to stir such passionate responses from high school students. But as Logan predicted, they didn’t care one bit that she was a few minutes late.

As she walked back to her office, she absentmindedly rubbed her wrist where Logan had grabbed her. She still felt funny little tingles there. Ororo wondered what he had planned for tonight, even though she didn’t accept the invitation. Images danced across her mind of light gleaming off shiny silver handcuffs, but she pushed them away.

Ororo walked into her office, sighing at the stack of paper work still left on her desk. She walked over, sitting in the tall chair. She then noticed that the top sheet on her stack wasn’t part of her work. She recognized it as the paper she took from the girls only more writing had be added.

Grinning to herself, she read over the responses, wondering what possessed him to actually take the time to come up with answers.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Ororo saw more writing through the paper and flipped the sheet over. One the back, Logan had left her another note.

Do me a favor and destroy this would ya? And meet me by your greenhouse after dinner.

P.S. Remind me to have a little chat with Rogue about what she does in her spare time.


A/N: Continue?





You must login () to review.