The four men dismounted, leering at her. She pressed her back against the thick trunk of the tree. The tallest of them was the one they called Shinobi. He looked strong and muscles played over his bare chest when he moved towards her. His slanted dark eyes glittered as he ate her with his eyes. The others, a short man with ugly face, didn’t look as strong. He had just a loincloth, skinny long arms and legs, and the way he moved reminded her of a frog. He had wide mouth, and she shuddered, revolted when he flicked his impossible long tongue towards her.

“Hm this meat hunt become very interesting. I bet she tastes just as good as the antelopes” he giggled.

“Chief Sabretooth wouldn’t mind a bite from her that’s for sure.” A third man said, he was brown haired, slightly shorter and more slim than the black haired man.

“We better see if she is as good as she seems eh lads? Wouldn’t want to disappoint the chief.” The brown haired man grinned. The third man was bigger than the others, pale, with long black hair. His eyes were completely white, as if he were blind. But the way he moved didn’t suggest that. He didn’t speak or laugh, but she wouldn’t get any help from him. They all were armed with spears, and bows, and the white eyed man had a long knife at his waist. They were clearly a hunting party that had found a prey that was more interesting than the four legged animals. They had already shot one animal that was bound on the back on one of their mounts.

“C’mon on doll, don’t be shy. Those long legs of your sure must lead to some place sweet.” The frog like man leered and his long tongue once again flicked out. She raised her staff, defensively and looked back at them, not allowing herself to show fear.

“Feisty cunt. Just what we need. A prey that will fight back instead of just playing dead.”

That remark made her eyes flash in anger. The men chuckled, apparently amused. She took a step forward, changed the grip on her staff, holding it on the middle with both hands. Nearly forgetting her injured wrist but bit back the pain.

“If you touch me, I’ll kill you!” She spat. Her challenge seemed to have the opposite effect. Their eyes blazed, not with the fury she was possessed with, but with lust. The froglike man leapt forward, and ignoring the searing pain, she flicked her staff, connecting the butt of it, point blank between the eyes of the little man. His eyes glazed over, stumbling back and he fell on the hard ground. He was still breathing but unconscious. The remaining men, except the silent black man roared in laughter. Next one to approach her was the brown haired man. He was more careful, not rushing against her, but trying to find an opening. She whirled her staff, following his movements. He avoided a hit from the wood when she swung it, but wasn’t fast enough when she took a sudden step forward, the butt off the staff low and made a quick hard upward thrust. He grunted in pain and grabbed himself in the crotch where her strike had landed. The men sobered up, seeing that their prey indeed could fight. The two others joined in now, circling her, and she had to try and keep them all in her line of sight, flicking out the staff to strike against them when they got too close.

“Let’s make it a bit more interesting.” Shinobi picked up the spear, and so did the others. The little man was still unconscious on the ground. All three were bigger than her, and stronger, now armed they engaged her in a fight, her staff hitting their spears, and the impact jarred through her arms, sending up shots of pain through her injured wrist. She wouldn’t allow herself to despair or show weakness. As long as she breathed she would fight. She wouldn’t let them take her. The lean black haired man managed to land a hard strike at her wrist and she screamed in pain, loosing the grip of her staff with her injured hand. Stars danced in her vision when the butt of a spear hit her temple. Weakened and gripped with pain, the three men met no challenged when they advanced on her, tearing the staff from her hand and pushing her down on the hard ground. They ripped at her dress, chuckling appreciatively when her breasts were exposed. She kicked out with her good leg, but a hand caught it, and she nearly fainted in pain when a heavy body landed on top of her. Their hands were everywhere. Hard fingers grasping her breasts, prodding between her legs.

“Damn..a virgin? I didn’t think they made those anymore” The tall man showed the others away, claiming she was hers as he was the one that had found her. Grunting, the other men stepped away, while he released himself and forced his way between her legs. She tried to kick, hit and scratch him, but he just had to press her injured hand down for her to writhe in pain beneath him. He pressed his hard member between her legs, but it proved difficult. She was untouched and an unwilling tight girl such as her was always a bit problematic for those with more than an average sized member. The two others laughed at his attempts and coming with remarks that they would show him how it was done.

During the fight, and now at the attempt of coming between her legs, none of them had noticed a figure coming closer. He had been walking in a steady pace and didn’t seem to mind the hot climate much. He was clad in un tanned breeches, that sneaked around powerful legs. Bare footed and bare-chested he seemed oblivious to the glaring suns. But he wore a white cloth as a bandana over his unruly black hair. At his back, he had hiked up a sack, filled with the necessities a wanderer such as himself would need. He had just made a stop at a small dry tree to drink a few sips from his water pouch when he heard the commotion far away. A woman’s scream and men’s laughter. His gray eyes had narrowed and a low growl rising in his chest. It wasn’t his business, and he cared very little of others problems. But rape was one of the things that made him see red. Closing the pouch he had sprinted towards the sound. And saw the small pack of men, just as they had pushed the woman down on the ground. He recognized them; Shinobi, Avalanche, Toad and Gaza of the Reavers. They didn’t notice him, not until he came close enough to yank Shinobi off her.

“Wolverine. This ain’t your business, unless you want to get into more trouble again because of a woman. “ He didn’t answer Shinobi. Gaza and Avalanche advanced on him as he and Shinobi came to blows. The three men hesitated a second when the shorter man released his metal claws, but just for a second. Even knowing what a good fighter he was even when he was outnumbered they attacked him.

Ororo tried to fight the pain of as she crawled up. Tear in her eyes but she was still furious. Too angry to feel any fear. She watched as her rescuer, a short but powerful built lean man fought the three men. A movement at the corner of her eyes made her look, and the froglike man seemed to stir. She picked up a spear, limped to his side and struck him hard again. He didn’t move. Turning, she saw that the white eyed man had managed to lock her rescuers arms while the two others were pounding on him. With a hiss, she struck out with the spear, the sharp end slicing through his thigh. Roaring, Gaza released Logan, who quickly slashed with his claws across the other man’s throat. It was just a shallow wound. Ororo withdrew the spear, gritting her teeth at the man’s screams. The others were bleeding too, from Wolverine’s claws, and they retreated. Ororo made a movement to follow them, the spear raised. But her strength failed and the weapon fell down to the ground as she leaned against the thick trunk of the tree. Logan watched, reining in his instinct to kill them all, when the two that still could walk picked up the unconscious Toad. The animals they used as steeds had run off at the start of the fight. If they walked fast, they would make it to the Reavers territory at nightfall. But with the injuries, they would be lucky to make it come dawn. No words were exchanged. It wasn’t necessary, he knew that Sabretooth would find out and if the bastard wanted to do something, he was welcome to try. He was done, both with the Reavers and the others. He turned to look at the girl. She stood shaking at the tree, looking at the retreating men. She had tears in her eyes, but he could smell her fury, and is surprised she doesn’t pick up a spear to run them down. He wrinkled his nose when she suddenly doubled over and vomited. She didn’t have much content, but the little she puked up stank! Against his senses, that wanted to get as far away from the smell as possible, he approached her, and held out the water pouch. She was hesitant, wary but took it, and drank from the water gingerly. Good girl that didn’t splash all of it down and causing more nausea. She just took a few slow sips, before handing the pouch back to him.

“Thanks…for everything.” She whispered. He was struck by what a contrast her silverwhite short hair did against that dark complexion, and those large blue eyes. He grunted something inaudible, and then turned away.

“Wait…Wolverine? I’m…”

“I don’t care. Look, don’t go that way, or you’ll end up in trouble.” He pointed at the direction where the four could barely be seen.

“I’m not an idiot”

“No? Then why are you doing here close to the Reavers territory?” By her look, he could make out she had no idea what or who the Reavers were, and he sighed a little. She was a new arrival. They hadn’t had a new arrival since Rogue.

“See that mountain? Walk towards it, you’ll find others more..welcoming to ya. Should take ya three days walking.” She looked at where he pointed.

“How do I know they will be any better than those..reavers?”

“Not much better, but at least they won’t rape ya, or kill ya on sight. Yer pick darlin.” He picked up his bag and started walking.

“Wait!” She took up her staff and swearing limped after him.

“Hey you! What if they come back? I don’t know shit about this place, how am I going to find..”

“Not my problem darlin.”

“I’m coming with you!” He turned to her, with a raised eyebrow.

“No yer not. I’m not a fucking babysitter Go where the hell ya want”

“Then I’ll go where you go” She replied, stubborn, and he had to fight the urge to knock her out.

“Do yer best” he said instead, and walked away, knowing full well that she wouldn’t be able to keep up with his speed.





You must login () to review.