Dont.
The word flares bright in the silent darkness of my brain.
Dont.
It repeats itself, except this time in sync with the dull thud of my
heartbeat.
Dont.
It says over and over again, synapses firing
Dont. Let. Go.

Over time I built up walls, walls thick enough to stop this from happening,
to even stop me from remembering what it felt like but here, now, in the
moment it seemed like the double layered brick and steel cage could have
been but paper to the beast inside...

I can feel the growl building from the back of my throat, I shut my mouth
and gulp it back all the while feeling the presence carefully skirting the
edges of my mind. I cant let it out not yet, not here. But its taking all my
strength not to give in, I can feel the effects already like a drug in my
system, senses that were dull are now sharpening, focusing on the dust motes
that spiral down from the other side of the room, shaken loose by the
footsteps stomping across the wooden beams, I can feel the rope biting into
my leg, the external pain a sharp counter measure to the internal struggle,
I can smell the damp welcoming greenness of the jungle outside, hear the
scratching of a beetle in the corner.

My arms stretch out and of their own accord my fingers clench and claw
themselves into the earth below me.

Release...the word is whispered in the recess of my soul, echoing through
me, snapping my muscles into tight knots. A flash of yellow eyes and a low
rumble warns me that not letting go seems to be someone else's decision.
Free...yes I shouldn't fight it should I? The warmth inside seems to sing in
agreement and my resistance fades for somehow this seems right, this feeling
that belongs to primordial creatures past and I hear the beast howl its
pleasure in escaping the confines of its prison and I realise I'm screaming
with it, a deep, wild sound that uses up all the breath inside and suddenly
we are one, constrained by nothing as I crouch down on the floor, head
tilted to the side as I hear the commotion above me. Someone crashes through the door, dark brown eyes lock onto mine…Storm? I hear the question in his voice before all fades into darkness.







3 months ago…

She woke up to the first rays of sunlight streaming through her attic windows bringing with it the promise of summer sunshine and crystalline blue skies to match the eyes that looked upon the new day. She stretched out, twisting the covers around her body, reveling in the fact that for the first time in ages she had the mansion to herself, Charles was on Muir Island, Scott & Jean were on holiday, Rogue & Gambit were off on a mission in South America, Nightcrawler, Peter and Warren were in Miami getting some beach time. ‘I don’t even quite know what to do with the space’ she thought to herself,’ Guess breakfast is as good a place as any to begin with! Pulling on a pair of hotpants and bikini top due to the heat already starting to build as the sun rose higher, Storm wandered downstairs to the kitchen. She was looking forward to relaxing, or as Kitty & Alison would say ‘chillin’.

I’ve always got to keep everything wrapped up so tight inside that sometimes I feel like a wire on the verge of snapping but even though I want to, I have to hold it in, be the cool headed, logical one while everyone else has the fun she muttered grumpily to herself – guess someone has to do it she thought, while straightening up from the fridge so maybe today I can ease that tension for a few hours! It was the type of day that made her feel so alive, the sun so warm on her skin, the smell of grass and earth around her, no better way to spend it than down by the lake she thought to herself. Strolling down to the waters edge Storm was feeling just a bit mischievous ‘not often that I get to run around the way I like it’ she giggled to herself, throwing her clothes down into a pile and launching into the air to skim over the lake before dropping into the water with a splash.

…back at the mansion


The roar of a motorcycle ripped through the air bringing its rider to a dead halt in front of the doors. He got off the bike with a quiet confident air, looking around him with an almost impressed tilt to his head. So Charlie, looks like the school is a bit more lucrative than you let on’ ‘Know I’m earlier than expected but guess I’ll just make myself at home’.
A little while later after scouting around and realizing that the place was mostly empty except for one intriguing scent that seemed to lead outside, the man known as Wolverine decided that he had nothing better to do than follow it…

It led him through a thick forest, one that he could appreciate, one that he could run wild through when in a feral mood. Soon it gave way to a clearing and a silver lake but it wasn’t the beauty of the surroundings that took his breath away it was the goddess floating directly above it that did it. Wolverine did a double take, automatically sniffing the air to check that what he was seeing was real and not some whacked out hallucination. ‘Yep, real enough’ he thought eyeing the vision infront of him out – smooth caramel skin dotted with silver drops of water that sparkled in the sun like diamonds, curves that you could wrap yourself around and be in danger of forgetting who you were and hair – waves of whiteness that contrasted against her skin. A predatory gleam popped into his eyes ‘well now, this gig could be a whole lot more interesting than I thought’ he moved to the edge of the lake ‘So darlin’ is this a regular occurrence or is it just my lucky day!’ Hearing a deep, rough voice, Storm completely startled out of her daydreaming whipped around and giving in to reflex shot out a quick bolt of lightning in the strangers direction…





You must login () to review.