Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys...im back lol....ok couple things...one i am WAY out of practice so please forgive me if this little excerpt....well...sucks lol also i reread this and i didnt like the way it was going i think i took a wrong turn with a few things so i am making a u turn for this i want to keep it more upbeat and just a fun story so hopefully i can spin it right...hoep you enjoy
“Whiskey…..leave the bottle”

The look in Logan’s eyes made the bartender not ask any questions. He bent down and brought up a bottle of the Den’s home brewed liquor and sat it on the counter top.. As he went to remove the containment lid , Logan snatched the bottle away, extended one claw and sliced it off himself. He never missed a beat as he began pouring the strong liquid down his throat.

The bartender looked at him with a puzzled and slightly disturbed face

Logan noticed the look as he drank, he lowered the bottle just enough to speak “What you want a tip?…don’t piss in the wind.. Fuck off”

The bartender nodded quickly and proceeded to do just that.

The bottle was almost empty by the time he lowered it. A warm feeling was sweeping into his blood but it began to fade as quickly as it came

Damn Healing factor

“Why the hell couldn’t I get caught in a gamma wave or get bitten by a radioactive……tick or some such shit….least then maybe I could at least hold a damn buzz ” He whispered to himself and finished the bottle

Logan sighed and ran a hand down his face and let out a slow breath

The Nurachni

Dammit all to hell

It had been so long since the cease fire

So long since Humanities’ fight to stay alive had ended with withdraw of those monsters to the deepest recess of Dark Space

So long since memories of a past he never cared to think about again had crushed him in a tidal wave of emotions

Anna was feeling a lot of the same as well

The poor girl was shaken to the core at first…she remembers those days as well as any soldier who served on the front line. Anna lived on one of the border colonies ……hers was one of the first to be taken by the Nurachni…..she had lost everything and everyone she had ever know in in the time span of just a few moments. She had survived though……stayed hidden and quiet even as she saw the faces of her family and friends being dragged away by the drones for resource processing. Logan never knew exactly how long she had waited there….he only knew that if not for that Xavier corporation…….some mercy me relief group….she could still be there for all he knew….dirty scared and alone hidden under a few sheets of synth sheet.

Logan had stayed with her until she fell asleep after seeing the broadcast . He carried her to his room and covered her up before heading to the Wreck room. What hunters were left on the station all seemed to be transfixed upon the vid broadcast. Logan wasn’t paying attention, had no desire to know what was coming at the moment whatever it was though sure as hell wasn’t going to be good.

“turn it up some man” one hunter, Pymm, Logan guessed from the voice, shouted over to the bartender

The bartender fumbled with the control a moment before raising the volume on the vid monitor
“…..Federation Officials are investigating the reports now that this was not a attack of the Nurachni High Order. Intelligence is sketchy official word from Federal authorities sates that The High Order has contacted and made it clear that they are not responsible for this gruesome attack on the Border world colonies” She turned to listen to a com unit in her ear “Wait what?” she listened closer “Yes we go now to Admiral Thaddius Ross of Fleet High Command with confirmation”

The name caught Logan’s attention

That old son of a bitch was still kicking after all this time. He couldn’t help but smile a bit even in spite of all that was going on. Retirement was never a option for Ross…and if anyone ever tried to give him a a nice cushy desk to warm his ass with….Ross would probably commandeer the biggest carrier in the Federation fleet suck back a couple dozen bottles of whiskey and high tail it for parts unknown.

Logan looked at the vid screen, Ross still looked the same. The uniform was neat and trim but not to the point of being obsessive, Ross had enough grunt in him still to not let all the brass he wore push it out of him.

That fucking mustache though

Yosemite Sam would be jealous of that damn thing

“We have received word from Enkindler Ralhalos of Nurachni High Order” Ross started, if their was one man who smoked as many cigars in this universe as Logan did, it had to be Ross form the sound of his voice “An apology and plea was made to Federation Command that they are not responsible for the attack on the colony”

“Bullshit!” a hunter yelled at the top of his lungs to the screen

“Will you shut your trap” another said just as loud

“The Enkindler has stated that the responsible party is an renegade faction of the Nurachni Caste…a group that splintered form the Order some time ago for their refusal of giving up the old zealot beliefs of the High Order. The Enkindler has assured me personally that all efforts will be made to help Federal offices in the capture of this group”

Questions started to get shouted at Ross form various reporters but he held his hand high “The Enkindler along with several other members of the High Order including War-Bringer Zentralhok have asked for permission for a council meeting with Federal Command…I myself will be attending within the next few hours upon the very ground which was scorched but a short time ago”

“Admiral” a reporter stood with hand raised “Are officials really believing this farce of a white flag?”

Ross’s eyes narrowed “If they didn’t I would already be in a Battle Carrier locked and loaded”

With the whiskey. Logan thought

“Is the High Order going to contribute Agents to aid officials? “ Another reporter asked “Will Humans be working side by side with the Nurachni?”

“I am not at liberty to disclose any details at this time”

“Admiral is it true that the daughter of Ambassador Lee was taken?”

Ross stiffened “Again I have very little details of the casualty lists….when we know more you will know more”
More and more questions were fired upon him. Ross wrinkled his nose in disgust and pulled the small mic form his vest and whispered harshly “Interview is done….I have work to do”

The vid switched back to the broadcast room with grim faces hanging upon the reporters there “We will keep you up to date on any new information found”

Logan turned away from the vid and shook his head sourly. Ross was actually going to go meet with those cyber organic pieces of filth

Nurachni being diplomatic?

Those words went together like Wilson an sanity

At that very thought Wilson plopped down upon a stool beside Logan

“haven’t been here in a while wonder if they have Appletinies like I asked for”

Logan sighed “What do you want Wilson?”

Wade slapped a arm around Logan’s shoulder “Checked on Anna, she was crying in her sleep…thought it best to not disturb her” he thought a moment “Even though the urge to try out my new fog horn almost prevailed the time didn’t feel right, so I left her be and thought maybe you could use some cheering up”

Logan looked over at Wade “You know what Wilson your right….and you are just the person that could make me happy”

Wade smiled so broadly underneath his mask he was sure he would have another record for most teeth shown in a single grin to go along with his long list of armpit musical records “Name it my brother and The Pool will see it done”

Logan smile and pointed at Wade “You” he motioned toward the air lock hatch “Space” he brought a hand to Wade throat and started squeezing “Choking”

The smile was a bit strained now but Wade held it as best he could and squeaked out a few words “You’re a hard man to please Wolvie…..uh…..uhhh…..ya…kn…ow…..I …have..this…habit …of needing….to…breathe”

Logan begrudgingly let go…as fun as it would be to see swell up like a hot air balloon in the expanse of space….and even more fun to play pin the tail on the Wade with the Canuk;’s turbo guns….he wasn’t mad at Wilson, and even in his own annoying squeaking gravel through a gasoline tank way….he was trying to help

Wade rubbed at his throat “Wow……so when you have your “Private me only special fun fun time”…..do you treat little Wolvie that way??”

“Wilson” The threat of the Air lock was evident in Logan’s tone

“Never mind” Wade said happily and turned to the bartender “Hey buddy….give mea…hmmm….Slow comfortable screw against the wall….with a twist”

The bartender looked flabbergasted

Wade waved his hands quickly “No No No…The drink “

The bartender breathed a loud sigh of relief
Wade quirked an eyebrow “And what’s that supposed to mean??”

The bartender shook his head quickly as he brought the drink over

“Stuck up” Wade said as he beg inputting a healthy amount of tiny umbrellas which he oddly enough kept in one of his ammo pouches into the brightly colored drink

Logan was about to stand and leave when he caught a scent coming form the lift…He sighed again knowing that this day was just getting better by the minute

Soft yet strong hands touched him upon his coated shoulder and that honey sweet voice purred into his ear “Buy a girl a drink?”

Ororo sat down beside him and smiled

Logan lowered his head into his hands

Wade perked up upon seeing Storm sit “Well good evening” he sat straight up and smirked behind his mask “Might I interest you in a slow comfortable screw against the wall with a twist?” he pointed at her and made a clicking noise “And a drink as well”

“She would grind you into a little bug Wilson” Logan said from the cover of his hands

Wade laughed nonchalantly “You don’t know Wade Wilson he is one tough little insect”

“Aiiiiir Loooooock”

“Gotcha” Wade picked up his drink and moved away, still keeping his attention on what was being said between them however

Logan slowly peeked out form under his hands and saw that brilliant smile, he groaned again and sank back down into the foxhole that was his hands

“Hey groundhog” She knocked gently on the side of his head “Want to come up for just a minute we need to talk”

“Sorry” Logan said “Saw my shadow going to be here for at least six more weeks”

“This is business related”

Logan peeked a single eye out “And what in the name of Odin’s blue tinted tucas would be business that you and I would have”

“Federal communication came in to the guild “She said rubbing a finger up and down the counter of the bar “Forge just got it in through the wire…apparently they were trying to get you as well but your receptionist appears to have taken the day off”

“Watch your mouth Storm…that kid has had it rough ever since” he waved to the vid monitor “She needs a minute”

“Kind of related to why I am here” Ororo went on dismissing Anna’s state “The Feds want to see us”

Logan lifted his head and his eyebrow was arched the highest it had ever been

“The Feds have a bounty for us” She smiled sweetly “And trust me the money is good”
Logan had a mixture of horror and shock plastered over his features

He sat that way for quite some time never answering

Storm’s own eyebrows raised and she waved a hand in front of his face “You there….?”
She lightly taped him on the check “Did you hear what I said…We have the job to end all jobs. They want to see the both of us and our teams as soon as possible….and like I said the money is good…damn good”

Logan still sat there with that perplexed look

Ororo sighed “Say something for Pete’s sake”

Logan tried to find the words but nothing seemed to quite match the way he felt. Logan had been around a long time , he knew just about every swear word in almost any language, pretty sure he had even invented a few. None of them however seemed to be good enough.

So in a last act of desperation he reached the word that he knew he would regret yelling before it was all over but it had to be done

“WILSOOOON”

Storm covered her now ringing ears and rubbed them gently

A loud crash and the patter of combat boots accompanied a hard breathing Wade Wilson “You rang sir?” he said in a faux British accent

Logan reached up and grabbed Wilson around the neck with one arm and pulled him close “GET….ANNA!”

Wade made a strained nod “Right away my lord” The accent he spoke with still held strong. He ran to the lift at full speed

Logan followed closely behind…even the fear of sharing a lift with Wilson had become moot

Ororo watched after him with annoyance “LOGAN!!….did you not hear a word I said….” She held her hands out “Job…..work……MONEY!”

Logan held the doors open , turned and bent over “ELEPHANTS…..FLYING…..OUT….ASS….FIRST” he stood back up with an exasperated look breathing harshly as the lift doors closed

Storm shook her head and smiled . She waved the bartender over and ordered a drink as she pulled a ice cube form the glass and sucked the booze form it she whispered “Better call air traffic control and get eh Vaseline handy Sweetheart….because the elephants are about to take flight”







Chapter End Notes:
I will be going on wiht what the flashbacks have to do with everything but i dont want to get dark with this story again....want it to be fun and not take itself too seriously lol



You must login () to review.