Tension. There was defiantly some tension in the black SUV that sped down the highway on its way back to New York.

Silence.

There was a lot of that too. Ororo snuggled into her parka because the stubborn ass man next to her in the driver’s seat refused to acknowledge that it was thirty fucking below outside. So instead of causing even more tension over the tension already there, she simply bit her tongue.

Jean watched the two in the front seat and wondered if they shared some sort of past. Ororo had only told her that Logan was a creep who worked for her father. And that he was moody and overbearing and commanding and masochistic. He had a thing for pain or some shit.

She too snuggled closer into her coat still wondering how in the hell she’d been talked into this little trek from her cozy spot in Newport News, Virginia to Westchester County, New York. Then she remembered Ororo's brother who was probable happy in his relationship, but when had that ever stopped anybody.

She looked outside of her window and noticed that the sun was going down. She sighed and her breath fogged up the window just a little bit and she found herself drifting back to the summer when she’d first kissed Scott Summers.

God that man could kiss.

The sun had started to shine after a complete down pour the night before. She and Ororo had flown out of the house, tired of being cramped up inside. They had put on fresh clothes and then darted out onto the front yard and started to chase each other around playfully.

She had tackled Ororo to the ground and then the two of them lay there laughing manically until their insides her. She remembered Ororo’s father, Charles calling her into the house for a moment that eventually turned into a thirty minute conversation.

Jean had sat there letting the sun warm her face, eyes closed until a shadow descended over her.
Her eyes opened to find Scott’s there looking wonderfully fit.

“What are you doing out here, the ground is still soaked?” He helped her to her feet taking in her ruined sundress.

“Ro and I were playing.” She answered him truthfully trying to hide the blush that was creeping into her features.

He smiled. “You two are nothing but a bunch of kids.” His hand moved towards her hair and pulled out some of the grass that had gotten caught in her coppery mane.

“Sorry, we can’t all be as serious as you.” She jabbed him in the chest feeling the muscle ripple behind the blue polo shirt that he word. He was the hottest thing walking as far as she was concerned.

He laughed at her playfulness. In truth, no one joked with him fearing that he was to serious but Jean seemed to bring out his playful side. And she had such nice lips. Lips that just seemed to be made for kissing and suddenly he found himself leaning forward as the rain began to fall and captured them.

Her lips…

Jean had eagerly received her first kiss and wound her fingers through his hair as he brought her flush up against him. She leaned out of the kiss, breathless and smiling. “What was that about?”

He only smiled and began to kiss her again, lightheartedly nipping at her bottom lip.


Jean sighed again as Logan’s voice cut through the silence like a sword on silk. “Were staying here for the night.” She noticed that they had pulled into a motel parking lot and it looked seedy as hell. He cut a look to her in the rear view mirror and cocked an eyebrow, daring her to protest. When she said nothing he got out of the car with the car keys and closed the door going inside to get rooms.

“He’s such a fucking asshole!” Ororo turned around and practically screamed.

“Yeah, what’s with the heat?”

“Once again, a serious asshole. I swear to fucking God, if I were a dude I’d kick his ass.” She turned back around and pulled the visor down to check her hair. It was mussed form the long ride.

Jean smiled. “He really does get to you, doesn’t he?”

“No, what gets to me is that my father sent him to find me when I didn’t want to be found.”

Jean laughed. “So he doesn’t get to you?”

Ororo glared at her through hooded eyes before sighing. “Maybe just a little bit, but don’t go tell the jackass that.”

Jean smiled and noticed that Logan was coming back to the car. “We could have escaped if he hadn’t taken the keys. He’s a thorough kidnapper!”

Ororo said nothing as Jean cracked herself up and Logan got back into the driver seat. She looked him over but refused to admit to anyone that the man was sexy as hell.

“I got two rooms fer the night,” he said and then popped the trunk slipping out just as easily.

X


Logan sat on the bed looking around his accommodations and watched as the door to the bathroom opened. Ororo stepped out still fully dressed and glared at him. Her blue eyes seemed to spit sparks and he had no doubt in his mind that if looks could kill, he would have been dead from the first moment she realized that he was the one in that private room.

“So is this how you get your kicks, Wolverine? Drag women off, maybe even rape ‘em?” She stormed over in front of him, letting her mask slip. She was usually so in control of her damn emotions but now they threatened to over take her.

He sneered at her, not wanted to feel the attraction he felt to her. “Your fucking father had a heart attack and even as he lay near death, all he could think of was you, ya spoiled brat. Sorry that I had to do my job.”

She was boiling now. “A spoiled brat! You know this much,” she held up her pointer finger and thumb and closed the distance between them. “About my life Wolverine.”

He tried to suppress the growl that rumbled from deep within but fail miserably. “Look, darlin…”

“What have I told you about that ridiculous name,” she turned her back on him and stalked to the other bed and crashed down on it. “I can’t believe we’re sharing this room. I could have just as easily stayed with Jean.”

He smirked. “Oh no, darlin. I want you where I can see you.”

“Bet you say that to all the girls.” She looked over at him rolled her eyes.

“You love to push people don’t you, Ororo.” His dark obsidian eyes pierced her and she suddenly knew he was envisioning her naked. “That’s the thing you do. You push them to see how much they love you. How far they’re willing to go, right? Tell me I’m wrong.”

She didn’t bother to look at him as she once again stripped. “Wolverine, I sleep in the nude. Please try and control yourself, if you can.” She was down to her underwear and bra and he swept over her with a deeply appreciative gaze and watched as she settled under the covers. She turned out the light leaving him shadowed in darkness.

Moonlight filtered through the sole window and allowed him to see that Ororo had the blanket pooled around her waist. Her delicious breast still encased in a black bra. He smiled a sinister smile, thinking of how easily he could slip the bra from her chest and make a feast of her tits.

He groaned as he felt himself harden at the thought of slipping between her legs and taking her hard. His favorite sexual position was that of doggy style and something told him that Ororo would enjoy it as well. However, he knew he’d never get the chance, especially since they both hated each other.

Right?

He pulled hard on the cigar thinking about her words. It was true that he didn’t know much about her life, but he didn’t’ get paid to know that shit. He worked for her rich adopted daddy and that was the only relationship they were going to have.

The cigar eventually burned down into nothingness and he snuffed it out in the ashtray by the bed. He watched Ororo twitch in her bed and eventually she sat up awaken by the nightmare she seemed to be having.

Her chest heaved and she glanced around her unfamiliar setting and sighed once she realized she was still in the room with Logan. For some reason, she felt that he was awake. Figured it had something to do with him being the type who never really slept?

“Bad dream, darlin?” His voice was like the darkness itself and it surrounded her. She sighed, because even she couldn’t escape the dark. She laid back down without down right answering him and pulled the blanket closer around her.

“Yeah, bad dream.”

He grunted. “Wanna talk about it?”

“You offering to listen, Wolverine?” She almost smiled and felt her lips curving and stopped herself.

“Maybe.”

“Sorry, I don’t do maybes. It’s either you want to know or you don’t.” She closed her eyes and heard him grunt.

“How do you know about that name, Ororo. Who told you, your daddy?” He propped himself up on an elbow, intent on getting something out of her.
She rolled onto her back and pushed her hair away from her face. “No, Charles didn’t tell me about you. I found out myself. He was looking into people he could hire that would do his bidding. Very much unlike his children. Your name came up. Mr. James Logan Howlett. Ex marine. Said to be one of the most dangerous men on the planet. A killer.” She looked over. “Sorry you’re not much of a mystery, Wolverine.”

He growled, hating the way she’d recited that shit. Hating that she knew him for what he was. “Why’s that darlin?”

She smirked. “I love a good mystery.” She had snuck into Charles Xavier’s file cabinets and studied the profiles of the men that he’d considered hiring but Logan had been his number one. Even from the beginning of the whole process.

“There is still plenty left to be found out.”

A sudden chill came over her and she shuddered. “Sorry. Not interested.”

He chuckled and it was low and deep from within his throat. “Sure about, ‘Ro. I mean you were ridin’ me pretty hard back there in that club. Is that how you get off. Get a guy going and then you leave him wantin more?”

She sat up at that. “Want me to finish it, Wolverine? How about I jack you off? Maybe that’s the shit your into. Oh no, wait!” She tapped her bottom lip thoughtfully. “How about I suck you off. I bet you like it when you come in a girl’s mouth and she swallows.”

He growled again. “Darlin, you wouldn’t want me to fuck ya. It wouldn’t be pretty.”

She swung the covers back and stalked across the room her body utter perfection in the moonlight, her hair luminescent and silvery. “Don’t worry, Logan. I won’t tell daddy you did it to me hard because you don’t have any compassion for the one you’re screwin.” She smiled. Her voice like velvet steel.
He’d set up as well and watched as she straddled him.

“Want me to finish what I started, Logan? I mean, that is why you got this room?” She licked the side of his face and nipped at his ear lobe. How could she have known that he was into the idea of women biting him right before he fucked them? “You want me Logan, I can tell. You’re hard for me.” She rubbed herself across him realizing that all that was between them, the only barrier, was a pair of cheeky panties and boxers. She was playing with fire and both of them could be burned.

He inhaled deeply noting that she smelled of sandalwood and a hint of strawberry. He pushed her off him and as she hit the floor splayed out in an odd fashion became aware of the fact that she had an amused look on her face.

“Guess you don’t want it as bad as I thought,” he held out a hand and she took it as he helped her to her feet.

“Sorry,” he mumbled trying to hide the massive erection that she’d brought to life. He watched as she scrambled back under the covers of her bed and rolled over to face the wall in his own.

“Logan,” she called out.

“Yeah.”

“I just want you to know that you only turn down what I offer once. I don’t do sequels with sex. So good night.” This time she chuckled.

X


The black SUV pulled into the driveway and drove up to the mansion. Ororo took a deep breath, trying to prepare herself for this.

“You okay?” Jean whispered from the back.

“Nope. But that doesn’t matter.” She looked over at Logan who hadn’t said a word since last night. It had been slightly awkward that morning but Ororo decided that he’d already seen her naked so what did it matter.

“I’m here for you,” Jean’s hand on her shoulder reassured her just as he adopted siblings appeared outside. Logan pulled the vehicle to a stop and he finally spoke.

“They don’t know anything about that strip joint. I only told them that you were working as a cocktail waitress. So whatever you tell them is up to you. I’ll get your luggage while the two of you get reacquainted with the family.”

He was like a fleeting shadow that slipped from the SUV and Ororo decided to do the same. She and Jean left the SUV together and went to greet Alison, Scott and Bobby. The stood waiting but only Alison and Bobby embraced her and suddenly it felt so very good to be home.

Scott stood reserved taking in both his sister, and her gorgeous friend. He still remember their kiss in the rain that summer and apparently so did she because she refused to meet his gaze and her face was just about as red as her hair.

“Scott,” Ororo turned to him once Ali and Bobby had let go.

“Ro,” he nodded.

“No welcome home hug?” She crossed her arms not knowing what else to do in the presence of her big brother. He just didn’t seem approachable.

“Dad wants to see you,” he turned his back on her and
started to walk away.

“Go fuck yourself, Scott.” Crickets chirped for eternity and then Scott turned back around.

“Really, Ro? Don’t tell me you expected to pick up where we left off with being a family. You did this to our family. Dad had a heart attack and you were off doing ….hell I don’t know what you were doing.” He shook his head. “You weren’t here to pick up the pieces with us. Just don’t expect something when you turn your back on those your suppose to care about.

She nodded her head in agreement. “You’re right, Scott. You’re so right.”

She brushed past him and went on into the mansion and Jean followed.

Ali and Bobby stayed put and watched their older brother, realizing he was an asshole and called him on it.

“You didn’t have to bring that shit up in front of company,” Ali pointed a finger at him and jabbed his chest with it.

“Whoa! Did she not start it or was that just me?” Scott asked trying to defend himself.

“Not the point,” Bobby shook his head. “We just got her back. We just got Dad back, Scott. I for one don’t want to drive her away again with fucking drama. We still don’t know why she left the first time.”

The two brushed past him and left him feeling like he was the bad guy. He just didn’t understand how she could breeze back into the lives and make him the enemy when he’d been home the entire time. For a long time he stood then and then through his hands up in the air, as if to say he gave into to the universe.

His cell phone vibrated in his pocket and he saw who was calling: Emma.

He didn’t answer. Just didn’t wanna hear what she had to say.

X


Charles Xavier had known the moment his daughter was back in the house. He had felt it as if someone
had whispered it in his ear and for a moment he thought he was having another heat attack but he quickly realized that he was just happy to have her back.

Logan had done his job, and he truly applauded the man because no one made Ororo do anything that she didn’t want to do. He had found that out the hard way when he’d met her as a three year old and her mother had tried to sell the white haired girl to him for crack.

The door to his study opened and he glanced up from his desk, slipping from the memory. His daughter blazed into the room with his bodyguard and he noticed the other man looked weary. Exactly what had she done to make the other man weary caused Charles to fear the man would quit.

Logan, in the history of them working together had never looked fatigued.

“Your home,” his voice lilted out and Ororo raised a snowy brow.

“You look like you’ve been hit by a train.”

He smiled. “Never one to beat around the bush.”

“Whatever, Charles. I’m back. Now tell me whatever it is you want so that I can get the hell out of here again.”

She sighed and set down in a chair. She saw Logan move over to the fireplace and lean against it as if he were seeking a warmth only the roaring fire could give.

Charles quirked a brow this time at her choice in words. He didn’t know why he’d expected the words father to slip from her lips. She was still angry and upset with him. “So eager to leave, again are we Ororo?”

“The other side of the country couldn’t be far enough from you or your lies. Dad.” She sneered the words making a point. She was trying to hurt him and it was working. By God, it was hurting him.

Logan watched the exchange between the two and decided he was glad his old man was dead and by the way Ororo was talking to Xavier, she was wishing he was too.

“I have some information for you, daughter.”

She sighed. “You don’t get to call me that. Ever again.”

He seemed saddened even more and it showed. She looked away. “It’s about your birth parents.”

She stood. “What is this information going to cost me?My soul? My first born child?” She through up her hands. “Cause if it’s patience I’m all out. You had twenty three years to tell me everything I wanted to know and you didn’t.” She couldn’t help that her voice was breaking but it was. She was about to leave but his voice stopped her.

“Twenty three years, Ororo that I have lived in fear. Fear that you would find out what I did to keep. Fear that you would hate me.”

She turned back to him, realizing that her emotions and her life story were playing out in front of Wolverine. She gave him a look and dared him to comment. He caught her eyes and held her gaze only for a moment before she shifted them back onto the only father she’d ever known.

“All I wanted was to know where I came from. I wanted to know things because I’ve never been complete. Twenty three years of wandering day to day never having a glimpse into my past. How selfish of you to keep me to yourself.”

Charles Xavier actually cried. The tears slipped unabashedly down his face. “I’m so sorry, my dear.”

“Yeah,” her hands dug into the pocket of her jeans and she pulled out a necklace. It was a silver Tiffany’s Diamond by the Yard necklace which she tossed to the floor. She’d received it on her sixteenth birthday. “This is what I think of you and your apologies. I’m outta here and if you send your goon after me a second time I can’t be held accountable for what happens to him.”

She shot Logan and her father dirty looks as she left.

She closed the door behind her, not really intending to leave the mansion again. She was home and it felt good to be there, but the air was too thick to breath.
She just wanted to take a walk, so she went back to her room, grabbed a jacket and started for the frozen lake. It always soothed her.

X


Logan watched the angry white haired woman from Xavier’s window and he heard the older man behind him sigh.

“She’s so angry,” he said.

Logan grunted in agreement his gaze never wavering.

“Nothing happened between the twoof you did it?” Xavier inquired totally unashamed. He paid Logan to guard what was precious to him. Not to mess around on the job.

“Sorry, can’t say that it did.”

“Good. Any way, I have a trip that I’m making to Genosha in the coming weeks.” Xavier was back to all business now. The old geezer was healing and he was ready to take on the world. Logan gave Ororo one final look before pushing away from the window and going over to Xavier’s desk where a file lay. It was the other man’s idea of homework.





You must login () to review.