Chapter 15: Want

Ororo’s Loft
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
1:05AM

Tick…
Tick…
Tick…

Ororo Monroe groaned, blowing out an irritated breath, while her blue eyes continued to stare vaguely at the digital clock on her bed mantel. It’s low neon blue light glared right back at her in angry betrayal before she turned back over in her bed, folding the sheets around her. The former goddess turned X-Woman had been continuing this cycle for the passed hour now and it still seemed that sleep would evade her.

She considered going over all the courses she had planned for the approaching day’s classes, but having accomplished that task two times prior, she decided that a third time wasn’t necessary, which of course brought her back to where she started, instead now her clock read, “1:07 AM.”

“Oh, for Goddess sake…” Ororo cried in frustration as her long legs kicked off her covers, launching herself to her feet. The thin sky blue nightgown that she wore fluttered around her like a shroud as she walked over to her loft’s circular windowpane. She pressed her forehead lightly against its cool surface, watching as the small rainstorm continued to brew outside.

The Windrider could sense the complex currents and patterns in the air as they shifted and mixed within the clouds. It was so if she desired to, she could pluck out the inner workings of the tempest in an instant, which would return them to the normal calm winds of the night. Granted, Ororo was never as haphazard with her gifts to temper needlessly with a budding storm just on a whim. Instead the thought of journeying outside to be cradled in its embrace while soaring through the refreshing midnight storm air was a very tempting alternative.

But in the end she knew that would only be a temporary reprieve to what was really bothering her. Ororo knew exactly why she was wide-awake this night and the passed ones before. Ever since that outing she had with Logan almost a week ago, something occurred between them that awakened something inside of her that she now was desperately trying to take reins of.

OoOoOo

Xavier Grounds
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
Five nights ago…

Ororo remembered the moonlit walk through the grounds they shared, especially the cool feeling of the blades of grass being crushed between her toes as Logan walking behind her, silently watching her. She could recall with certain amount of clarity, the little light that appeared in Logan’s dark gray eyes whenever he looked to her or whenever they talked. But most of all she remembered the heat! The heat of his large barrel-like body as he pressed her firmly against that tree, with her fingers laced around the back of his head pulling him closer to her awaiting lips.

She had lost track of when the necking started. The man’s tongue was lethal and his hands were just criminal. All she could do was hold on, enjoying the sensation as they’re lips nibbled, dueled, and fought. Not to mention the quivering jolt as the man’s devilish fingers caressed and explored up the valley of her inner thighs till they rested, taking a hold of her supple round bottom through her short skirt.

She remembered it all. How close he was. The feeling of his tense solid body against her, the heat, lust and Goddess, he was so hard…

Then just like that Logan broke away from her and despite herself she remembered licking her lips afterward. Ororo managed to untangle herself from him, which involved to her embarrassment, removing her legs that she tightly wrapped around his waist. The upper-left corner of Logan’s mouth tilted up as he grinned slyly at her. “I think ya want me,” he boldly taunted her. His voice had a cool controlled edge, as if the episode they both share hadn’t a single effect on him, although his dark intense eyes never left her for a second.

Ororo ran a shaky hand through her wild loose ivory hair; she then tried to coolly smooth out her completely wrinkled skirt in a vain attempt of indifference. After mentally counting down from ten to one in her head, she finally addressed him. “Don’t be absurd,” she scoffed in an almost even voice.

But it seems the Wolverine wasn’t buying it. “Hmmm…nope,” he said while steadily approaching her. His face lingered real close to her. His nostrils flared briefly as he took in her seedy scent. Logan’s steel gray eyes then locked onto her. “Tha nose don’t lie.” His large hands gently brushed against her cheek, his thumb stroking over her plump bottom lip before sliding down her neck. And despite the coolness of her words just moments before, Ororo openly shuddered under his touch.

Storm swallowed deeply before returning with, “It does in this instance,” she managed to defiantly utter, but the Wolverine appeared to ignore her response completely.

His eyes currently were gazing down to the chocolate valley of her cleavage, which was crowned with two dark perk nipples that protruded through her silk button-down blouse. Logan’s eyes returned to her as his hand trailed down her front gently glossing over the underside of her amble breasts. The brief tantalizing contact sent a blazing flame of desire through the woman’s entire body as Logan’s locked his eyes on her. “Ya should be more honest wit yerself darlin’,” he firmly admonished, while capturing a taut nipple between his fingers which instantly caused Ororo to draw in a swift intake of air, “Yer nipples are rock hard an’ I’m willin’ ta bet yer panties are soaked…”

“Only one way to find out…” a voice replied that Ororo could not believe was her own.

Eagerly taking up the invitation Logan’s hands searched underneath her skirt, instantly finding the elastic waist of her panties. Seemingly without her own accord, Ororo pressed her full caramel brown thighs together, watching as his hands tugged down the corners of her moist bikini briefs. They soon pooled at her feet and with lifting one dainty foot she kicked them to the side.

Why wasn’t she stopping him? She knew she could have. She had the power, but yet she didn’t. Curiosity and too much cursed intrigue prevented her. Not to mention a third element that she openly wouldn’t have admitted, pure animalistic lust.

Logan then flipped the edge of her skirt up, gazing almost lovingly at the small “V” of ivory hair that rested between her thighs. A deep grin formed on his lips. “Yer mouth may lie…” she heard him say, “But here…” His thick blunt finger suddenly trailed unbelievably slowly across her dripping wet slit. She meant to say, “Don’t!” but a deep throaty, “AAAhhhhh…” echoed from her mouth out instead. “I think ye’re a bit more honest here…” he continued, while the hot scent of her feminine musk washed over him. “Ya smell so fuckin’ good,” he exclaimed, “I wonder how good ya taste…”

Before she could even respond, Logan’s tongue slithered out of his mouth, causing Ororo to openly cry out for her Goddess. Savoring the taste, he then prompted her thigh on his shoulder as he buried himself deep between her legs. His ‘Ro threw her head back in wanton abandonment the instant his hot thick tongue lashed at her slit, again and again. She took fistfuls of his unruly black hair, pulling him towards her as she slowly rocked against him, driving his tongue strokes deeper inside of her, devouring her.

Ororo honestly didn’t know what she was doing anymore. Words of protest were held in the pit of her throat burning to come out, but yet she couldn’t speak, because she realized she didn’t want him to stop. She just continued to thrust her hips against his face as wave after, rippling wave of pleasure washed over her, while he continued to viciously lap at her hot dripping wet sex.

It was all just too much; “Lo-Lo-Logan…” came out as her breathless response.

But he simply continued, briefly muttering, “Just givin’ the ‘lady’ what she wants darlin’,” he commented before he drawing his tongue deep along her velvety folds once again. He then plunged his thick fingers in and out of her while his eyes locked onto hers again. “Now come fer me baby,” his husky voice beckoned. Ororo bit her lip and clenched her body tight, in mild protest to his demands. “Come fer me baby…” he called again. But this time as if on cue, Ororo felt the inside of her world collapsing as she succumbed to his command. Her body quaked from one of the most powerful climaxes she’d ever experienced in her life. Logan even could have sworn he heard an echoing rumble of thunder in the distance before he turned his attention back to his Windrider.

The strength gone from her legs, Ororo fell forward on top of him, into his arms. Her thick white hair lightly whipped his face as she brushed her lips against his, roughly kissing him. She sampled the bittersweet wetness of her own sex from his lips, not even caring about its source. “Logan…” she whispered to him, but there were no words left to say. Her wide wild sapphire blue eyes spoke volumes of her honest want.

Needing no more encouragement, Logan simply took her hand, “Let’s get back inside,” he softly stated, “I want to take my time wit ya.”

OoOoOo
Ororo’s Loft
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
1:36AM

Tick…
Tick…
Tick…

Ororo opened the window to her loft. The chill late night air entered her room as she extended her hand outside feeling the icy drops of rain sliding between her fingers. Her blue eyes shimmered briefly as she continued to reminisce over the events of the past few days.

Regretfully, they never got a chance to finish what was started in the grove. Upon returning to the mansion, the both of them found them selves swept up in the whirlwind of the tragic tale of Rogue’s past. Through the entire night Ororo continued to stay by his side. Somehow feeling internally, that it was where she was supposed to be. Something had shifted between them, something that drew them closer; something that made everything deeper.

The pair of them was seemingly joined at the hip through all the events that occurred, an observation that didn’t go unbeknownst to a certain Dr. Grey, who was always ready for a tiny bit of mansion gossip. And as soon as the moment arrived she whisked her African friend away to finally find out just what was the deal between the two, who seemed to be growing closer and closer as the days passed on.

She remembered uttering a number of excuses to Jean, all at which the psychic doctor seemed to weigh with a grain of salt. Eventually Ororo broke down and revealed the events that occurred on the grounds. And despite her misgivings, Jean was remarkably supportive. The saying, “It’s about time…” came from her friend’s lips more than once. When Ororo inquired what she was talking about, Jean commented that it had been a long time since her relationship with Forge and also, “It’s about time you got a little something-something…” Jean’s emerald eyes lit up with devilish delight.

Ororo just sighed, rolling her eyes at her clearly manic friend. “I think you’re taking this completely out of context.”

A frown adorned the beautiful doctor’s ruby lips. “Right…” Jean agreed sarcastically, “So I should ignore how you guys were practically falling over each other before.”

Now it was Ororo’s turn to frown, “Logan’s had a very trying time this evening,” she tried to explain, “Since we’ve somehow become closer over the last few days, I just wanted to be there for some support and comfort.”

“And the fact he gave you a toe-curling orgasm didn’t have anything to do with it?” Jean quickly returned.

Ororo’s white eyebrows furred at her friend’s implicating tone. “What are you trying to say?” she inquired icily.

Seeing the drastic turn that the conversation was quickly taking, Jean decided to put on the breaks and threw her arms ups in pacification. “Honey, I’m not trying to say anything,” she pleaded while shaking her head, “You’re taking this all wrong. You’re supposed to be supportive to your man.”

“Logan is not ‘my man’. As you like to put it,” the Windrider commented dryly. And Jean could have sworn the former goddess was about to pout. “We just have an understanding,” Ororo continued, “Something I can tell you just do not seem to comprehend.”

“Uh-huh…” Jean accepted, while giving her friend a sly glance, “You mind if I get a little ‘understanding’ from him also then?” the redhead grinned suggestively to her.

That statement alone seemed to strike a chord deep inside of the former goddess; her blue eyes iced over flashing a look that contained nothing but the blackest murder. She did not see her friend of thirteen years. Instead all she saw was Jean with her flowing red hair and bewitching smile, her scheming and conniving claws, trying to seduce ‘her’ Logan away.

Jean’s emerald eyes lit up again in excitement, “See told I you!!!” she adamantly cheered, catching every single dark thought her friend just had, “You’re whipped…” she teased, seemingly quite pleased with herself.

Ororo instantly blinked away the rogue thoughts. Confused, feeling foolish, not to mention completely stunned by the viciousness of her, own emotions.

Instead of basking in her little victory, Jean frowned catching the jumble of conflicting emotions brewing within her friend. “Sweetie, why are you freaking out about this so much?” Jean pried, while taking the other woman’s hand, “Logan, even though he’s a little rough around the edges, seems like a good guy. He dotes on Rogue like he was his own daughter. And I see the way he looks at you. If I were you, I wouldn’t be sitting there moping. I’d be going upstairs to get ready. So when Mr. Short, hairy, and studly returns, I’ll be there to greet him in one of his flannel shirts with a big ol’ smile on my face and nothing else,” she grinned, while patting Ororo’s hand for comfort.

But her words fell on deaf ears, because Ororo just couldn’t get passed, “I almost struck you,” she admitted quietly.

“‘Roro?” Jean looked confused, “You didn’t do anything,” she reminded her.

“I wanted to,” Storm countered, “In that brief instant.”

“You don’t think we have inner struggles at one time or another?” Jean returned, “We might have powers, but we’re still human, Sweetie.”

Ororo thumped her head onto the Kitchen table, “I don’t know,” her muffled voice said, “I don’t know anymore. Ever since Logan came to the mansion I haven’t been able to think straight.”

“Oh honey,” Jean called in sympathy while wrapping her arm tightly around the African woman’s waist, “Don’t you know that’s the best thing about love?”

“This wasn’t about love, Jean,” Ororo firmly refuted, “It was purely sexual and I should know better. I should be better than that. I’ve spent years trying to hone and control my abilities; I cannot allow one man to undo that hard work and effort now.”

Dismissively Jean shook her head. “Don’t you think you’re overreacting just a little bit?”

Ororo spotted her reflection in Jean’s green eyes. The African woman sighed in defeat again, “I-I don’t know anymore.”

“How about this? Take the night and sleep on it at least,” the psychic doctor suggestive, “Logan probably would want to stay with Rogue for the night anyway.” Ororo nodded mutely in agreement. She then promptly said her; ‘Good nights’ to her friend, then ventured upstairs to her loft.

It was many hours before sleep finally found Ororo that night.

The following day had Logan and Rogue shut up together as they tried to hash out the new leg of their relationship they suddenly developed. Ororo hardly saw either of them for the next few days following; but the time apart allowed her some more time to reflect. Which often time isn’t the best of things. The more she put thought to it, the more embarrassed she was of her own actions. How easy it was for her to give in and allow lust to color her thoughts.

Her encounter with Logan however incredible it was, she still believed it was no excuse to lose who she was in the process.

OoOoOo

The Skies over the Xavier Grounds
Westchester, New York
Three nights ago…

A breezy autumn wind blew through the night air. Up in the skies, dark midnight clouds parted way as a heavenly body sailed alongside their breadth. Hair as white as stardust and skin of the richest ebony, Ororo Monroe threw her self back against the winds drifting afloat along a stray air current, like you or I would flow along a lake’s surface.

Her hand passed through the moist vapor of a storm cloud to her right, before she sensed a sudden shift in the currents then turned. Storm promptly released her hold plummeting down to the earth in a freefall. The cool twilight air whipped, zoomed and rushed all-around her nude body before she summoned her gift once again. Her body then twirled, spinning in a pirouette, which marked the beginning of her dance.

Ororo abandoned herself to her gift, throwing herself in the blossoming twists and spins. She glided through the air briefly before committing another twirling pirouette before she broke off into another intricate whirling routine.

For an hour she danced with the midnight sky before she returning to the earth, feeling breathless but nonetheless refreshed. She knew Scott and the Professor hated when she did this, but up there she had to answer to no one. All the problems of the world seemed so trivial. All the troubles of the world seemed insignificant up in the heavenly skies. It was like being born once again.

Ororo’s bare feet padded through the blades of grass as her tall lithe silhouette went to the tree that held her things, her mood bright and her spirits high. That of course ended when she spotted the person that was standing next to her gown.

Inwardly she cursed. The Windrider knew he tended to wander around the grounds at night. It was somewhat of a self-imposed perimeter check he did before he turned in for the evening. She thought her late night flight would have gone unnoticed, but she considered that hardly anything tended to slip pass the Wolverine’s watchful eyes.

Logan dressed in his leather jacket and blue jeans, looked up appearing to be searching the skies above, unaware of her approach. Then the winds chose that particular moment to change and he instantly caught her scent. As soon as he turned around, it seemed that he was completely mesmerized by the sight before him. Ororo, her long white hair trailing down, managed to cover over the tops of her breasts, but besides that the rest of her tall curvaceous body was bare before him.

Paying not the least bit of attention to his presence, Ororo brushed passed him seeking to retrieve her clothes to get dressed. Granted she couldn’t help but throw out a subtle, “You know I’ve been told it’s not polite to stare…” she smirked to herself slightly, remembering his words to her from earlier. (See Chapter 10)

“I didn’t,” he sputtered, fumbling with his words. He then promptly turned his gaze away. Ororo smiled briefly, before returning to her task. “Uh…sorry,” he said again after a few minutes, “Jus ain’t every day a guy gets ta see somethin’ so beautiful.” The African woman paused, staring after Logan as he continued, “Kinda, like wakin’ from a dream, ya didn’t know you were havin’,” he finished. He turned back around sensing that the woman was finished. Ororo appeared to be speechless, bound by some type of trance from the blunt sincerity of his words.

Logan then cut sideward a glance to her. “’Course if it’s still buggin’ ya, this ol’Canuckle Head could strip down fer ya,” he enthusiastically elected with a grin, his thick fingers reaching for the waist of his jeans ready to pluck out his shirt.

The spell broken, Ororo blue eyes widened incredulously while looked at him, “What?”

“It’s only fair…” Logan returned, wriggling his thick eyebrows at her suggestively.

“What!?! Go, you ridiculous little man!” Ororo laughed while pushing him away from her, back towards the mansion.

“Spoilsport…” Logan pouted as if wounded. He then slung his hands into his pockets ready to take the lonely walk back inside. He then paused in his step shedding a look over his shoulder in her direction.

Ororo casually tucked a stray strand of ivory hair behind her ear, trying to make a show of pretending not to notice his attention on her. The action alone made Logan frown. There was something different to her these last few days he noticed. She was a bit more reserved, closed off even. He knew he had himself tucked away with Marie for the passed few days but he could tell it didn’t have anything to do with that. Something was different about her now. It was in her movements and in her scent.

“Still waitin’ fer ya darlin’…” he stated honestly.

He noticed that she visibly stiffened before returning with, “Why whatever do you mean?” she responded with a voice of cool indifference.

Logan just paused. “Hmph…” he grunted silently, before continuing on his way back to the mansion.

Ororo’s blue eyes followed him until he disappeared from sight. As soon as he was gone the African woman slumped back against one of the trees blowing out a breath of exhaustion. “Bright Lady strengthen me,” she said to herself, while trying to cool the fevered flush that flared on her cheeks.

OoOoOo

That night Ororo had her first erotic dream about Logan.

In the past she was willing to admit that she’s had a stray daydream or passing fantasy that just happened to have him present. But this dream was a full-blown, very hot and very steamy. So much so that when she awoke she still was left hot and aching. More than once she had to talk herself out marching from her loft to his room in the middle of the night. But her pride would never allow it.

So in the end she did nothing. And after some time… A lot of time, the feeling eventually passed.

OoOoOo

The Greenhouse
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
Earlier this morning…

Sunday mornings were always a specialty between Ororo and Kitty. Back during the first days when the young girl first arrived at the mansion, she took an instant liking towards the regal African woman. There was hardly a place that Ororo roamed that she didn’t have young Kitty accompanying her. The young girl was completely enthralled by the strength, beauty, and grace that seem to exuded around the African Windrider. And for Ororo, Kitty’s presence was a breath of fresh air; the young girl was immensely bright and talented. Which after some time began their Sunday morning ritual in Ororo’s Greenhouse.

All though the years as Kitty started to grew older and more children started to flourish in the school. The complete idol-worship she possessed as a kid, matured into a deep admiration and love for the Windrider. And despite all the pitfalls that may have occurred the two have always maintained two constants. One, they’re deep-rooted open friendship and also their Sunday ritual.

“I was completely embarrassed!” the Kitty exasperated while throwing up her arms. The young girl had just finished recalling the tale of her latest debacle in her pursuit for Peter Rasputin’s affections. It seemed the more she tried to impress the boy; the more foolish she turned out to be.

Ororo had to fight the lingering chuckle inside of her due to the young girl’s story. Instead she said, “I sincerely do not think Peter would think less of you simply because of that.” Her blue eyes were still a light with imagery from the episode.

The young brown haired girl turned back to Ororo. “Ororo, you think so?” Kitty inquired weakly. Her wide brown eyes filled with what could be akin to hope.

The former goddess smiled while lovingly placing her arms around the girl’s slender shoulders giving her a big hug, “I know so…” she encouraged.

Kitty smiled in returned, feeling immensely better. Her brown eyes then drifted to the clock that was over Ororo’s shoulder. “Oh shoot!” she shouted in alarm. She glanced at Ororo who stared at her like she had just grown two heads. “I have to get ready soon,” Kitty supplied, while starting to clean up her station.

“Oh?” Ororo called over her shoulder, returning to the watering that she previously was doing.

“Yeah, it’s just a shopping trip. Or “Mall Extravaganza!” what Jubi likes to call them,” Kitty supplied while rolling her eyes. Ororo couldn’t help to nurse a small laugh. The African woman was well versed in how much Jubilation savored her bi-weekly shopping trips. She often times was the chaperon of choice for said outings. She briefly wondered who the poor soul that was drafted for today’s venture. “Jubilee wants Rogue to experience everything our malls have to offer. The girl’s been slaving over every inch of the place to make sure we hit all the major sales!”

Ororo smiled, endeared by the young Pryde girl’s enthusiasm. “I’m sure you girls will have a lovely time.” She also had to admit the last few days Rogue never appeared to be brighter. The girl was all smiles and laughs now; Ororo inwardly smiled as well, because she honestly believed that was the way youth should be spent.

“Mr. Logan’s taking us,” Kitty interjected suddenly, looking to her friend trying to gauge Ororo’s response.

At hearing his name Ororo hand jerked slightly, spilling some of the water. She cursed silently under her breath from her error, before getting a towel to clean up the mess. “Oh that’s nice…” she finally responded, praying that her voice didn’t waver too much.

But Kitty, who knew Ororo almost better than anyone in the mansion, frowned instantly. She quickly noticed the change within the woman. “He asks about you all the time,” she decided to add while wading the waters.

“Oh, he does?” Ororo inquired, trying to keep her voice aloof and detached from the subject as much as possible.

Kitty shook her head, sensing the brick wall that was steadily approaching on the subject. “Yea, he’s a bit subtler though. Jubi and Rogue usually don’t pick up on it,” she then smiled sweetly at her, “But he does. Why don’t you go talk to him?”

Ororo then paused as she straightened up. For another moment she was silent before she finally returned with, “If Logan would like to talk to me, he knows where he can find me.”

Dejected, Katherine just sighed as she looked to her long time friend, some would even say surrogate mother, but there were few people that knew Ororo better than Kitty. The young girl knew how stubborn the woman could be at times, so she decided not to press the issue. She hoped that Mr. Logan and Ororo would work out whatever problems they had, because honestly she thought they made a cute couple.

“I got to go Ororo, Jubilee and Rogue are waiting for me.”

OoOoOo
Ororo’s Loft
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
2:44AM

Ororo watched as a light stream of rainwater made its trail down her windowpane. She blinked while drawing in a breath. The reminiscing of the past days seemed to do nothing but fuel the longing she had for him. She couldn’t understand how someone that she couldn’t even stand less than two weeks ago could have such a detrimental impact on her.

Ororo walked away from her windowsill pacing lightly in her room as the conflicting emotions continued to turn inside of her. “I have to face this now,” she said quietly to herself as she decided to finally address the feelings in her heart.

Being honest with herself she acknowledged that she was attracted to Logan, physically and as well mentally. There were so many ways that she felt completed while being in his presence that his absence now brought to light. The way he talked to her, touched her, the way she felt comfortable when they were together as if they’d known each other for years instead of weeks.

“I’m falling for the Wolverine…” she said to herself in full revelation, feeling as if a great weight had been lifted from her chest. She then paused. Now what was she going to do about it?

OoOoOo

Logan sat alone in his room thinking. The vibrant orange flame of his last cigar burned brightly from his lips, illuminating his body that was covered only by a sheet, as he lounged on his bed. He wasn’t bothered by the depleted supply of his beloved vice. He had too many thoughts brewing through his muddled head at the moment to be really concerned. Either he go into town to get more or he’d figure something out, right now; he just wanted to enjoy the peaceful tranquility that this stormy night offered.

The girls had fun at the mall today. He still didn’t understand the sheer excitement behind the whole “shopping spree” process. The way he saw it, if he needed something, he went out and bought it, case closed. It didn’t need to be a big planned goddamn outing. But he also decided it was probably some internal female thing, so he probably would never understand it anyway.

He loved seeing Marie like that, though. Carefree. Happy. It was like watching any other teenage girl, having a good time with her friends. Giggling, talking about boys and clothes, the regular stupid shit a teen girl should be doing.

Speaking of which, he had to remember to have a long talk with that Drake kid. He trusted that Marie knew how to take care of her self and all, not to mention the deal with her skin. But Logan knew how inventive guys could be when determined. Besides it wouldn’t hurt any to set the boy straight on a few things, specifically three things. He had to smirk at the thought. That was diffidently going to be the highlight of his day tomorrow.

Logan turned over to his mantel, stubbing out his stooge. He then threw himself back onto the mattress watching the ceiling to his room. He was trying not to think about her again, but he couldn’t help. ‘Ro. The woman simply made him crazy. He couldn’t think straight with her around. How could he when she looked so fucking sexy all the time.

He frowned, considering the dismal turn that relationship took. After the few days he spent with Marie, things seemed to change with ‘Ro. She was standoffish, the little inside jokes they sometimes shared she seemed to ignore. It all left him baffled. Maybe she was having second thoughts about everything? He considered. So in the end he decided to put some distance between them. Give them a small breather and also give her some time to figure out what she really wanted.

It seemed like a great idea in the planning but the execution was a killer. The woman was hard to get out of the system. And the mansion was only so big, so they were bound to run into each other quite a few times during the course of the day. And even then he wasn’t exactly sure he wanted her out of his system.

Logan wasn’t a big romantic. He didn’t cry at those sappy films and he didn’t get those love stories that Kitty was so fond of. But he knew there was something different about that woman. He felt different, at ease. Like the great unrest that always been brewing within his body, since those first days when he was trekking alone in the forests of the Rockies, was at peace. That was it, the woman brought him peace. Something he didn’t have a large commodity of. It was only in her presence, he realized did the tingling hairs on the back of his neck relax.

He then frowned, while turning over on his bed. He’ll give her another few days, and then…he didn’t know.

*Knock, knock, knock*

Logan shot up from his bed. A quick glance to his clock read, “3:00AM” His eyebrows furred, wondering exactly who would be up at this hour.

*Knock, knock, knock*

Came the insistent knocks again and Logan whirled out of his bed, slipping on a pair of his jeans as he approached the door. His large hand grasped the knob before his nostrils flared. He stiffened briefly as he caught the refreshing scent of rain. Even more determined than before he swung the door open and looked on as a pair of sapphire blue eyes stared back at him.

To be continued…





You must login () to review.