Chapter 16: Fears

Logan’s Room
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
Late…

Ororo’s breath was held captive the moment Logan’s door swung open. He was bare to the waist, massive chest heaving with every breath as a fine sheet of sweat clung to his sun-kissed skin. Later on in reflection of the moment, she would recall that he told her previously that sometimes the heating in his room ran a little too hot for his liking, but she couldn’t think of that right now. In fact producing any coherent thought was a problem at this moment, because it was taking all the willpower she had in her body to fight the impulse to run her hands all over his hairy glistening chest.

As Logan opened the door, he looked to her in stark amazement. For nearly a week he hardly seen neither hide nor hair of her, and tonight here she was right at his doorstep. He allowed his eyes to slide up and down, eyeing her. She wore a silky sky blue nightgown with a low ‘V’ cut that gave a pleasant viewing of her ample chocolate breasts. Its baby blue material trailed down to the floor with a slit parting up the side that allowed plenty of her long delectable caramel thighs to be seen.

Logan tore his eyes away from her dress, his stare redirected back to her blue eyes, waiting for some sort of explanation for the late night visit. “Yea…?” he curtly barked after five minutes of complete silence passed between them. And Ororo was completely at a lost.

All the anxiety she was feeling before, came rushing back to her ten-fold. What was she thinking? This was nuts. No, this was worst than that, this was insane! “I…Well I…I wanted to check on you if…I…” she fumbled on her words, instantly feeling more foolish. She just couldn’t remember anything she wanted to say. How could this one man, this simple man, still have this much power over her?

For some reason a sly smile found its way to Logan’s lips. He then just kicked the door open for her, turned, and then sauntered back across his room. “Come on in darlin’, ya’ll let a draft in,” he casually tossed over his shoulder, while heading back to his bed. He stripped out of his jeans, seemingly not caring if she looked at his nude body or not, before sliding underneath his sheets.

If Ororo was overwhelmed by his presence before, she was completely flabbergasted now. The callousness and indifference of his tone as he turned his back on her, hurt. Wasn’t he supposed to be glad to see her? Wasn’t he the one that said how much he wanted and desired her? With all the misgivings and inter turmoil she had about coming here, she finally decided to take a chance and look how he treated her.

Ororo stood alone in Logan’s doorway staring at the prone figure lying peacefully on the mattress. For a moment she contemplated returning to her loft, unwilling to deal with any more humiliation for the night, but something stopped her. Slowly the former goddess closed the door behind her taking a tentative step inside while eyeing the bed that Logan currently occupied. Prideful, head held high, Ororo crossed the distance of the room. She refused to be made a fool of. ‘Only for five minutes,’ she told herself. She would remain for five minutes of his company then he’d realize how big of a mistake he made when she was gone.

“Five minutes…” she whispered to herself as she approached the edge of the bed. After five simple minutes she would be allowed to finally let this whole matter drop and continue on with her life. Wolverine, be damned.

As she closed the final distance, it was as if everything suddenly played in slow motion, Logan moved. He turned over onto his back, his deep dark gray eyes looking up, now staring up directly at her. Looking at, not Storm, not Ororo Monroe… Looking at his ‘Ro. The mantra of “Only five minutes”, died on her lips when she saw the depths of emotion that was swelling in his dark eyes.

His hand came up, outstretched towards her almost as if he was beckoning her. Wanting her. And she unavoidably fell into his embrace. He pulled her towards him, his lips wetting her neck with burning kisses. Ororo gasped her heart racing as well as relieved; her promise of “Only five minutes” long forgotten, as he kissed her and she kissed him.

And if she believed he had any reservations about her for the last few days, his words next made those doubts disappear. “I missed ya, ‘Ro…” his deep gravely voice rumbled into her ear. And suddenly everything was right with the world.

OoOoOo

A deafening silence reigned within the small room as the two occupants shared the single bed in the room. Logan’s hand lightly brushed against Ororo’s cheek as his eyes continued to fall on her, “So now what?” he suddenly asked her.

Lying next to him completely at peace, Ororo appeared so much at ease that she nearly missed his words. “Huh?” her bright blue eyes blinked several times, “Whatever do you mean?” she asked, seemingly more alert than a moment before.

Logan turned onto his side, drawing his full intense stare on her. “Well, this is yer fantasy ‘Ro,” he commented. He then moved again, across the bed.

Ororo moaned lightly, as she felt his large strong hands reach over seeking the curve of her swan-like neck, his fingers gently massaging her. “Oh?” her throaty voice replied a moment later, “How do you know I did not simply want company?”

“I don’t mind a little comp’ny either, darlin’,” Logan returned easily enough, enjoying the pleasing sound of her throaty moans. He then raised a thick eyebrow to her, “Actually yer tha bit o’ company I was hopin’ fer.” He then stopped his ministrations, his hand sliding down the curves of her body till his hand rested on her soft hip.

Seeing the small reprieve, it was now Ororo’s turn to take the initiative. The African woman slid inside of his reach till she was practically on top of him. His arms surrounded her as she kissed, licked, and suckled on his lips. She gasped when she felt his hands cupping her breasts through her gown. His thumbs briefly flicked over her hard inflamed nipples, before she pried his hands away, pulling them above his head while she continued her work.

Her eyes seemed to be glued to the sinewy cords of his chest. Seeming to act on their own accord as well as giving in to her desire from before, her hands reached down, glossing over the solid, steel-like muscles of his pectorals as well as the thick mantel of hair on his chest. Unashamed, Ororo fondled and caressed him, amazed at the inner strength he possessed as she felt him move against her palms. His body was hot to the touch and was slowly approaching scolding the longer her fingers lingered. And linger they did, falling down the tight ridges of his abdomens and falling further still. She tattooed his flesh with moist licks before he pulled her to him for another smoldering kiss.

She then fell back away from him, her full thighs straddling his waist while she looked down at him. “My company you wanted?” she said repeating his words from before, “Not Rogue?” she asked him.

Logan took a few shaky calming breaths while looking up to her. He then simply shook his head, “Not tonight…” he responded almost in a grunt.

Her long white hair swayed as she tilted her head to the side, her shimmering blue eyes still on him. “Not Jean?” she asked again a bit more serious.

At that one, Logan nearly threw his head back against the mattress and laughed, hysterically. “Hah! Not even…” he firmly assured her.

The sincerity of his words went a long way in comforting Ororo’s fears. Despite the various claims she’d received through the years from several different people, there were few scant moments when insecurity did seep into the Windrider as well. Then she said, “Why me?”

Logan paused in amazement as well as confusion as he continued to stare at her. He then moved, lifting himself off the mattress. Instinctively Ororo moved as well, her smooth caramel touched legs wrapping around his waist as he pulled her towards him. Their difference in height, made her sit just a bit above him, but at the moment he could care less about that.

His hands came up, pulling down the thin straps of her sky blue nightgown till it pooled around her waist. Her large firm breasts were now bare to him, each topped with perk chocolate dipped nipples. Ororo looked to him, a faint crimson hue stained her cheeks, but other than that she was not ashamed. Logan’s large hands then abandoned her slim shoulders; they slid down her front till they entrapped her immaculate breasts. He sampled their softness, their feel…His thumbs sliding over her ripe teats that seemed hard enough to cut diamond.

Ororo’s breathing panned out in shallow pants from his exploration. And she nearly cried when he brought his lips in close, tasting her. His thick hot tongue toyed and fondled her nipple. Suckling it hard till it almost ached before he drew his attention to the other, giving it such equal lavish attention.

They were sweet just like the rest of her. So much that he then brought her closer to him, burying himself deep in the valley of her bosom, her scent of rain, wind and sandalwood washing over him. “Ain’t no one drives me crazy like you do,” his muffled voice said finally answering her question. “Ain’t no one, makes me hard every time I see ‘em,” he continued and for the life of her, Ororo could no longer ignore the very large ‘presence’ that was firmly pressing between her legs. The thin material of her panties were the only thing; preventing her from being skewered. “An’ ain’t no one’s pussy tastes as sweet as yers,” he ended while gently rocking her to her back.

Ororo took a moment to catch her breath. Her naked breasts rose and fell with each cycle as her blue eyes continued to watch him. “Aahhh…!” Ororo cried, not even realizing when his hand trailed underneath her gown. She felt his fingers sliding up the edge of her thighs.

“Panties….” he nearly grinned while looking at her, “Ya know darlin’,” he began again; his voice was deep and low. Its sound seemed to rumble the whole bed. “In my fantasies,” he then pressed closer to her, till his lips were within an inch of her ear. “…Ya never wear any,” he ended with a devilish grin.

The man was sin incarnate. She was sure of it.

In the next second there was a metallic flash of adamantium steel then her precious panties were no more. Those were some of her favorites too. Her eyes then flicked over to the hungry gleam that was in the Wolverine’s eyes. She just would have to get more.

…Maybe.

Her blue eyes sought his for a second time, “What else happens in these fantasies?” she asked him, very much intrigued. And Logan seemed to grin even more. Pleased, that she was enjoying the game.

The palm of his hand slid across the flat plain of her soft stomach. “Sometimes I take ya fast an’ hard,” he began, his tongue wetting the dip of her navel. “Sometimes I take ya soft an’ gentle like,” Logan continued while spreading her thighs further. Ororo then nearly jolted from of the bed as she felt his finger trailing along her wet opening. “Sometimes I jus take my time,” his voice continued in a low murmur, his finger decreasing in speed as well, making his ministrations seem painfully unbearable. “Slow, patiently… Lettin’ tha seconds…minutes…even hours go by pleasurin’ ya.” Ororo thrashed and trembled under his touch. If he kept touching her like that she’d…. Then all at once he stopped. Her eyes snapped open and looked up to see his face just inches away from hers. The devil’s grin was on his face as he eyed her. “Till ya underneath me, beggin’ me ta let ya come,” he finished hotly.

“Logan,” she tried to admonish, but it came out more as a gasp as he plunged two fingers deep inside of her. Ororo’s hand gripped his as she was trying to hold on…still fight. “I don’t know the women that you’re used to,” she managed to utter out, “But…Ahhh…I…do not beg…”

At that the Canadian paused in his actions. He stared down at the extravagant African woman underneath him that was completely without breath. Her eyes were wide and wild. Thin beads of sweat fell from her brow. She looked as though she only needed one gentle push before she would be sent over the edge to blissful oblivion and yet here she was, never giving in till the very end. A genuine smile graced his face, “Ye’re a stubborn dame, ya know that?” He seemed almost appreciative.

A weary but still bright smile crossed her lips. “You wouldn’t have me any other way, Cowboy,” she responded back with such conviction and confidence that it even surprised her. Logan’s face quipped up in a small grin. His hands then ran through her thick white hair as he still sat above her, in between her legs. Ororo then suddenly asked, “Logan…What’s happening?”

Not taking his eyes away from her, he responded softly, “Nothin’ ya don’t want ta happen ‘Ro…” She could tell he was deadly serious. Regardless of how much she could tell he wanted her, he wouldn’t do anything that would come close to bringing her harm.

“Good,” she confirmed while taking his hand. She then brought it to her lips. Logan’s breath ran short, when he felt her hot plumb lips nibbling playfully on the back of his knuckle. Her eyes no longer showed defiance or rebellion, just the infinite flame of lust that was burning, begging for sedation. “Then whatever you do my Logan, please don’t stop…”

OoOoOo

He kissed her.

The two of them might have shared kisses in the past. These were always in passing or apart of some internal game they somehow started to wage against it other. But this…She swore to her Goddess, there was nothing playful about this. This was bare. Unbearably honest, hot, and so emotionally driven that, neither of them could draw breath.

His hands caressed, parting her snow-white hair from her face, his eyes were completely fixated on her. Ororo blinked dreamily as she felt him kiss her lips hotly once more before he pulled her to him. She sat on his lap as she felt his attention fall down the slope of her neck. Ororo shivering openly as his enlarged incisor skimmed down the side of her delicate ebony skin, his lips soon devouring her flesh. She then looked over to him, barely on the verge of ecstasy and reality, but she managed to say, “I want you inside of me…” Ororo then pulled away from him taking a place onto the mattress. Her almond-shaped blue eyes stared at him lazily, awaiting his next move.

Logan carefully approached her. His hands glided up her thighs to the bend of her knees, slowly separating her legs. She half gasped, half called his name out in the next moment when she felt him enter her. He went slowly at first. Savoring the experience as every inch of him filled her. “So tight…” his nearly hoarse voice cried through the journey, “‘Ro, ye’re so fuckin’ tight…”

Ororo was in a different state of agony. Every shake, every tremble from him sent parading flares of sensations within her. Never in her life had she ever felt so full. And what was worst he, he was painstakingly taking his time increasing her torment ten-fold. She then moved her hands cupping his buttocks. They both called out as she made him drive into her till his hilt. She then paused while holding him, allowing a few seconds to adjust to his girth. “Ok…” she whispered after sometime and he laid her back down onto his mattress.

They started slowly again, finding a gentle rhythm. Allowing the heat, lust and sensation to build inside of her till she started to cry, “Har-Har-Harder…” she demanded when she finally could find breath again, “Harder, Logan! Oh, Goddess! Please harder!”

Logan needing no further prodding, shifted forward allowing her ankles to lock behind him as he drove deeper and harder into her. The bed creaked with each maddening thrust. The room was becoming increasingly hot as their sweat soaked bodies moved through the darkness. “Ahw, fuck, ‘Ro!” he shouted out, soon to be overcome by the feeling. He was close. Usually he’d be able to go twice as long, but something about her was different. The Beast was letting go. No he was making the Beast let go. He wanted this all for himself. He didn’t need any other. All of his string of one-night stands and parade of flings utterly paled in comparison. This woman, this goddess, this Storm was everything he didn’t know he was searching for.

“AH, Logan!!!!” she cried out one final time as her fingers drew red lines down his back. She pulled him close as explosion after explosion of hot white ecstasy racked through her body threatening to consume her with their bliss. And then after a few moments, all the world was settled.

Words wouldn’t come…

Thoughts wouldn’t surface...

They just held each other in the darkness.

His lips brushed over hers briefly. Enjoying her touch, enjoying her scent, enjoying her… “You bring me peace,” he uttered softly before darkness claimed them both.

OoOoOo

Logan’s Room
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
Later than late…

It was silent in the room that Logan occupied during his stay at the Xavier Mansion. Just the pleasant sound of soft breathing could be heard as two very different people started to come to terms with all the events that occurred this night.

For Logan, he was just peacefully resting. His eyes were shut, but she made no mistake that he wasn’t as alert as ever, just simply at ease. The swirling thumb that rested just below her tailbone, slightly above her bottom was evidence enough. And for Ororo it was a moment of deep contemplation. Her baby blue nightgown, which was a birthday gift from Jean a few years ago, was a long forgotten memory, a simple casualty from their heated encounter. He promised to get her a new one. She readily agreed, but only if he was present to help her select a new one.

It amazed her how thoughts like that came to her now and with such ease. Even though they made love three times this night and it was she that called for the temporary ceasefire so she could reclaim her breath. Now as she watched him lying peacefully next to her, his presence, that was strong, savage and yet beautiful all at the same time, was starting to stir more carnal desires inside of her, which was both amazing and frightening at the same time. “You scare me,” she said to him finally, breaking the silence that was held for twenty-five minutes now.

Logan’s eyes opened as he turned to her.

“I can’t explain it,” she continued, “How you, who have only been apart of my life for a few weeks and yet I’ve come to care about you so much.” Ororo’s gazed then fell away as she continued to speak, “So much that I nearly electrocuted my best friend over some light teasing.” She shook her head in disapproval at that last confession. The African woman then sat up, drawing the sheet away from her body. Logan’s eyes briefly glossed over her seductive curves before returning his attention to her. “I’m not supposed to fall for you this fast…I’m not supposed to want you this much…But I do and it scares me to death.”

For a long time Logan didn’t say anything. He gnawed on the inside of his cheek, while considering her words. After nearly a full five minutes later he spoke, “Gimme, yer hand,” he asked her while holding his up in offering. She frowned at him in more confusion than anything else but complied nonetheless. Logan then took the delicate fingers in his own hand, running his thumb lightly against the smooth silkiness of her skin, before placing her hand on the left side of his chest. “Tell me darlin’, whatcha ya feel?”

Ororo frowned at his instruction and then responded bluntly, “Hair…”

One of Logan’s thick black eyebrows nearly broke a hole through his ceiling so fast that it jerked up. “What else?” he nearly barked out curtly. Not to mention suppressing a few obscenities under his breath.

Ororo rolled her eyes at his tone, but decided to indulge his request anyway and concentrated a little harder. Then she felt it the deep rhythmic pounding brewing below his skin. “You’re heartbeat…” she then added almost astonished, “It’s beating a mile a minute.”

Logan nodded, “Ya ain’t tha only one nervous about this Ororo.” His stern expression accompanied with the use of her full name seemed to give more weight to his words. “Somethin’ ‘bout ya has gotten ta me. Mixes things up,” he tried to explain, “Can’t see straight, can’t think straight. All I do is want ya,” he then shook his head, “Don’t be foolin’ ya self thinkin’ this is only ‘bout sex. Red’d be more than willin’ if that was tha case.”

The mention of Ororo long time friend in that instant was probably the worst possible thing to hear at this moment, making the woman’s eyes almost see red. “But I ain’t wit her,” Logan strongly confirmed. His hand tugging on her ankle a little, giving her some brief but noted contact. “I don’t want her. I only want you ‘Ro…” he finished by pulling her to him.

He smirked when he thought he heard her mutter, “You better…” under her breath, but decided not to comment. He was satisfied with running his hands through her thick white hair, just holding her. And Ororo seemed to settle as well, being almost lulled to sleep from the constant rhythmic beating of Logan’s heart.

“So…you an’ red got into a tiff, eh?” he asked her some minutes later.

Eyes still closed, she just simply answered, “It didn’t escalate that far,” Ororo conceded with a yawn. Goddess, didn’t the man ever grow tired?

“Ah…That’s a shame,” Logan muttered back, sounding quite disappointed.

Ororo’s head popped up while looking at him, “Why?”

Logan’s eyebrows wriggled at her suggestively, “That’d been hot,” he replied just as shameless.

“What!?!”

“I’m just sayin’,” he stated trying to clarify. His eyes then cut to her slyly, “Get a bit o’ jello…”

Of course that statement only made it even ten times worst! Ororo was nearly speechless, from the audacity and the nerve. “Get out! Get out now!” she shouted while playfully trying to push his massive three hundred pound frame off the bed.

He then took her arms by the wrist another daring grin on his face, “This is my bunk darlin’. Can’t kick a man outta his own room. T’ain’t proper…”

Ororo scoffed at him. Here he was suggesting she fulfill some deplorable male fantasy with her best friend of over ten years and he had the nerve to comment on what’s proper. Ororo then flashed a firm grin on her lips as she rolled away taking a sizeable amount of the covers with her. “Perhaps,” she coincided finally. Then her eyes cut to devilish blue slits, “But I don’t know how much you would enjoy the stay with a rain cloud appearing over your head every night.”

Logan just puffed out his broad chest while folding his arms behind his head. He then turned to look to her, “Lil’rain never hurt no one,” he returned just as easy.

His words seem to turn on a light switch in Ororo’s eyes. She then moved landing on top of him, her long legs on either side of him, straddling his waist. “Hey…” Logan tried to complain at the intrusion, but Ororo wasn’t hearing none of it.

“Quiet!” she snapped sharply while slapping on his stomach admonishingly to keep his mouth shut. Surprisingly enough Logan obeyed on command, which made Ororo grin inwardly and it also helped to distract her from the very firm thing that was currently poking her butt. “What you just said reminded me of something.”

“What?” Logan asked, although he was starting to like seeing her from this angle, especially the way her breasts raised and fell with each breath. His hands started to skim up her thighs hoping to seize her hips. It should have be plenty of time for her to rest anyway, right?

But Ororo seeing his intent, promptly slapped his hands away while continuing, “You stated before you wanted to know my fantasy,” she stated to him hoping to distract him from their current position, “I think now, I’ll inform you.”

Logan looked to her thoughtfully if not a least bit interested. Ororo seeing she had a captive audience decided to begin telling him about the dream she had a few nights ago. “It began out in the forest. The same grounds where we…” Ororo clamped her mouth shut a noticeable blush staining her cheeks. Logan could only grin at the memory. Ororo noticed the particular gleam in his eyes, and she knew if she wasn’t careful they’d be doing a reenactment very soon. Not that she’d hate it, mind you. “Anyway, I found myself one night walking through the brush…”

“What were ya wearin’?” Logan cut in.

Ororo paused as she started to recall. She then grinned, “That white nightgown with the black embroidery. My feet were bare and…I’ll allow your imagination to fill in the rest. Now no more interruptions,” she sternly chastised him. Logan grumbled again, this time about “…Bossy women,” which Ororo decided to allow to slide…this time. “I do not recall how long I was walking, but every step I took; I could feel your eyes on me. I’m not afraid,” she stated to clarify, “I’m just waiting. Then suddenly a flash of lightning brightens the sky, before a stampede of dark clouds roll in. I then see you before me.” Ororo held her breath for a moment before continuing, “You apparently were not as modest in dress as I. There you stood bare before me…” she paused; her pink tongue wetted her full lips. “Bare and very hard…”

Her hips shifted briefly while she still straddled him, the heat of her story starting to overtake her as well. “Don’t stop now darlin’,” Logan implored. She noted to her delight his breath was running a little short as well.

Taking another breath Ororo continued, “You moved, your lips touching mine. And at that very moment a roll of thunder echoed in the sky and heavy drops of rain started to fall.” Logan’s head turned to the side his interest obviously peaked from the tale’s twist. “Instead of fleeing to take cover,” she continued, “You lay me down on the forest floor, stripping me out of my nightgown.” Her thighs rocked back over his chest as she closed her eyes. Her voice was deep throaty as she recalled all the heat, sensation and intensity of the vision, “You spread my legs wide and just take me over and over again. For hours the two of us continue to make love in the rain…”

Logan threw his head back onto his pillow while blowing out a shrew whistle at the end of her tale, “That certainly beats tha pants offa anythin’ I thought of.” He shook his head, “Ya sure could give them author’s of tha books Kitty reads a run fer they’re money.”

As she looked down at him, Ororo just smiled, quite pleased with herself. Logan supplied a smirk of his own. His hands then playfully started to run up the curve of her thighs, “I love yer legs,” he whispered in earnest.

She tilted her head while looking at him. “Do you?”

“Yep,” he nodded, “I love that they’re attached to the rest of ya,” he grinned while running his hands back down the smooth flesh, “Especially here,” he cheered while his hands raced around giving her rump a good squeeze. Ororo found herself giggling like she was twelve years old again from his boldness. Logan then shifted back and Ororo fell on top of him. She lifted herself briefly catching his lips, which he eagerly returned. He then frowned, “‘Ro…”

The Windrider folded her arms underneath her head over his chest and just looked at him. The African woman automatically knew what that ‘look’ meant. She smiled briefly and sighed, “Again?”

Logan just nodded, “Healing factor,” he supplied, “Plus ya don’t know whatcha do ta my sensibilities.”

Ororo pouted, patting his head with mock sympathy, “You poor man…”

“I know,” he sadly conceded, “Ye’re a tyrant…”

Ororo buried her head into his chest. The quaking of her shoulders were tale tell sign of the laughter erupting from her. Her head then came up a small but content smile on her lips. His deep gray eyes stared back at her as the bright light of her eyes continued shining. The next moment he then said, “I think I'm fallin' fer ya bad, darlin'...” his voice was dead serious.

”Good...” she returned her snow-white head fell back onto his chest enjoying the pounding of his heart. “I'm glad I’m not alone on the trip,” she finished, hoping her words would be enough to illustrate just what she was feeling. She smiled when she felt his strong arms surround her, “So what should we do?”

“We could play it by ear fer now,” Logan then appeared thoughtful for a moment before next saying, “But I gotta warn ya. I don't tend ta let go o’ anything I get a hold of.”

Ororo’s head came up. A sexy smirk on her lips, “And I can fly, so that should make for some interesting chases.” She then leaned forward bridging the gap between them. Goddess, she could kiss this man a thousand times and she believed she could never tire from it. She then rose up, her legs straddling either side of him. Her fingers glossed over his pectorals before she said, “Now, my Logan, I believe this time I’ll lead,” an ivory eyebrow rose with devilish intrigue, as she purred, “And I think you’ll find that the wind is not the only thing I’m capable of riding.”

OoOoOo
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
Two months later…

It is utterly amazing how so much time can breeze by but yet still seems like a short instance. Here he was always contemplating leaving the mansion, but now he some how become apart of the family. Sure there were a few troubles here and there, but through time and effort they managed to press on together.

Logan stared up to the vast open blue sky that sat above him. His gray eyes then closed, feeling infinitely content at that particular moment as a cool gentle breeze caressed his face. “Comfy?” a dry velvet voice above him asked.

“Yep, yer a real peach darlin’,” he returned easy enough.

“Happy to be of service,” Ororo sarcastically replied while looking down at the obviously appeased form of the Wolverine, who was currently using her lap as a pillow. Logan briefly opened his eyes to look at her. He then winked mischievous, before closing them again, which made Ororo sigh once more.

They currently were under one of the grand oak trees in Xavier’s forest. A large blanket was spread out underneath them, as well as an overflowing picnic basket sat to their left. Both their shoes were cast to the side as some soft music was playing in the background.

The smallest hint of a smile curled onto Logan’s lips as he felt Ororo’s soft hands smoothing underneath, undoing the buttons of his flannel shirt. He opened his eyes again staring into the sea of blue that was her eyes. The African woman then moved, capturing his lips in an upside-down kiss that a certain wall crawler made famous.

Logan tasted and savored her juicy lips before he heard… “HEY, OLD PEOPLE!” a voice suddenly hollered from across the field. The two perturbed adults looked up as Jubilee had her hands cupped before her, “GETTA ROOM!” the Asian girl finished with the utmost rudeness. Kitty, Marie, Bobby, Peter and John were all in the background, their shared laughter told that they equally enjoyed the hilarity.

“Old people?” Logan repeated incredulously, while looking to Storm.

The Canadian mutant started to get up, to give that particular motor mouth, “what’s what”, that was before Ororo tucked his Stetson over his face. “Ready to leave me so soon?” she asked, while pulling him back to her. Grumbling a few things under his breath, Logan sat back down, remaining with her. He tipped back his hat from over his eyes, so he could watch the kids, who were occupied with a game of Frisbee.

The day was in mid-November, but an unexpected warm front, thanks to a certain Weather Witch, brewed through Westchester putting the temperatures in the mid seventies. Jean and Scott opted to take the weekend off for themselves, as well as Xavier took a flight to D.C. for a conference, which left the care of the children in Logan and Ororo’s hands. Since the rarity of weather everyone voted for a day outdoors before the normal chilly temperatures returned.

Ororo soft soothing hands rubbed through Logan’s hair matted chest, as the couple watched the kids at play. Laughter seemed to be contagious as the antics raged between the teens, although they tried to keep the power usage at a minimum. Even Logan, who had a reputation of being a grump, found laughter to come easy that day. The more time that passed the more he found the old uneasiness that fueled from his past, slipping away. He realized he truly was finding peace.

He fell back onto the quilted blanket, his mind and body invigorated by the feeling. His nose then twitched he sensed Ororo’s approached, “Now you do stay put, while I’ll get your birthday cake,” her light velvet voice whispered to him.

“Birthday?” he frowned. His eyes opened to look at her.

“Of course, you did not think we’d allow such a day to go by uncelebrated did you?” she grinned while kissing his forehead, “Now sit back and relax, it’s your day remember,” she cheered.

Logan did what she said and laid back onto the blanket. He the paused rolling to back up, “‘Ro ya don’t have’ta. Jus stay here, wit me,” he called to her, but then she was gone. “‘Ro? ‘Ro?” he repeated. In fact all of them were gone. Jubilee, Peter, even Marie, all of the kids vanished.

*CRASH!*

The Wolverine’s head whipped around as he heard the echoing chime of glass shattering. Within an instant he zeroed in on its source…back inside the mansion. Bare feet trucking through the grass, the Wolverine did not even register when he summoned his claws, but somehow he knew he’d need them soon.

Within thirty seconds he’s already back into the mansion. Inside its walls is just as vacant as the grounds outside. Another resounding crash, rings through the walls, triggering the Wolverine movements to herd toward the kitchen. But when he crosses the threshold instantly his breath is caught in his throat. Standing in the center of chaos, it was him!

The mutant stood at a staggering six and half feet height, with long blonde hair and thin silvery eyes. His powerful body was draped in animal furs, all except his hands, which were adorned with black three-inch claws, which currently held Logan’s precious ‘Ro by her throat.

“Creeeeed…” the Wolverine’s gravely growled through clenched teeth.

Sabertooth could only grin as he turned to his diminutive foe. “Ah, thought ya fergot ‘bout me, petunia.” Creed’s teeth flashed as he taunted. His oversized incisors glinting as he pulled the African woman close, “Now scream fer me sweetie…”

Ororo’s blue eyes swam for a second before locking onto Logan. Her eyes pleading, “Help…me,” she managed to gasp between Victor’s tightening grip.

Logan’s eyes went from Ororo back to Sabertooth. His heart was pounding so hard he was certain that it would burst from his chest but he kept a deathly calm face. “Creed, if you…” he began.

“Too late!” the sadistic mutant suddenly cut in. Then with a twist of his wrist the resounding *snap* of Ororo’s neck echoed within the room, before she fell lifelessly to the ground.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” the Wolverine shouted, as he rushed forward into the enveloping blackness.

OoOoOo

“NO!” Logan called out while springing up from his bed. His left arm came out in a death strike, claws extended but nothing was there. No Sabertooth, no nothin, just his normal room. In that instant some soft murmuring sounded from beside him. He turned and was instantly relieved when saw the peaceful vestige of Ororo sleeping soundly at his side.

He rubbed his eyes, realizing the dream for what it was, but it still didn’t calm the beating of his heart. He took one more glance at her making sure she was actually here and not another delusion. After he was firmly convinced, he laid back down on the mattress. His arm came around enclosing around her while she slept, watching her.

Sleep never found him for the rest of the night.

OoOoOo
Logan’s Room
Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, New York
A whole lot later than late…

The following morning found Ororo Monroe in the most interesting of predicaments. As her weary blue eyes opened to the first light of dawn and spotted the strange narrow ceiling overhead, she instantly realized she wasn’t in her loft. That the fact she was very naked and was harboring a defining ache in her lower half determined that what happened last night was not another one of her fervent dream and it very much did happened.

After coming to that conclusion Ororo decided to take the next logical course of action. Her hand slid across towards the other side of the bed seeking her bedmate. But she instantly frowned, feeling the coolness of the sheets; although for some reason she couldn’t shake the feeling that she wasn’t alone. A low exhale of breath triggered her ears, making her rise from the bed and there she found him.

Logan stood patiently before the drawn window. He was already fully dressed; the blaring beams of sunlight seemed to illuminate the black fitted t-shirt that covered his torso and dark jeans on his legs. His brown Stetson was pulled low almost over his eyes as he watched the sunrise. Although she noted that he seemed rigid, almost tense. Then as if sensing she was awake, Logan turned to regard her.

She smiled briefly at him and she wanted to say she could take comfort in his piercing gaze, but instantly she could tell something wasn’t right. His eyes looked troubled, clouded, as if the truth of the world had finally been revealed to him and he didn’t like the answer he received.

Suddenly she felt like almost an outsider in his room. Like the passionate hours they just spent together never happened. “What’s wrong?” she asked him finally.

Logan just shook his head in remorse, “I can’t stay here anymore…”


To be continued…





You must login () to review.