Title: “The Day He Came Home” “ part 2
Author: Collaboration project by Wolverine6Claws and WolviesLover
Rating: PG-13 for now. Subject to change.
Disclaimer: They don’t belong to us. You know the drill.
Notes: From Logan’s point of view.

I’m gettin’ frustrated. An’ a frustrated Logan ain’t a good thing ta have aroun’. Jeannie’s been ignorin’ me completely an’she’s followin’ that prick, Scott aroun’ like a li’l puppy. Hey, I did my best… with what I could do anyway. I made little innuendos every chance I got, droppin’ hints here an’there. I remember a particularly good one las’ night.

I’d been in the kitchen when Jean poked her li’l red head in the door. Her eyes, which usually glittered like gems when she saw me, grew unsure. I snarled ta see it, inwardly o’ course, so I wouldn’t frighten her away. She was scared o’ me... and it was drivin’ me crazy. I gave her a grin an’a wink, an’ growled out what I thought was a charmin’ li’l greetin’.

“Hey Toots. Bet I’m jus’ the guy ya’ were lookin’ fer, huh.” She sighed, though. She actually fuckin’ sighed!

“Logan,” she says, “ why do you have to make this so hard?” Like I could let that one go.

“Well, Jeannie, jus’ how hard d’ya’ like it?” She was torn, ‘tween annoyance an’ laughter, I could tell. An’ yet, that unmistakable odor of arousal… that meant I was getting’ ta her, it wasn’t there. She’d turned tail then an’ ran. Ran! Probably back ta the Boy Scout.

I don’t know what happened aroun’ here while I was gone, but I don’t have much of a sway fer Jeannie anymore. So why am I even fuckin’ here? Sittin’ out in the cold, freezin’ my ass off in a lawn chair on the porch. I let out a grumble.

Movement catches my eye an’ I curse under my breath fer not payin’ closer attention ta my surroundin’s. My chin tips back ta gaze up at the woman descendin’ from the clouds.

My mind balks at seein’ this goddess driftin’ ta the ground jus’ as slow as the continuin’ fallin’ snowflakes. My nostrils flare an’ I catch a wisp o’ sandalwood in the air. My mind, now highly alert, relaxes. It’s not some religious figure comin’ ta strike me down where I sit. It’s jus’ Storm… Ororo, I correct myself. She’d gotten pissed the las’ time I called her Storm. Still have no idea why… an’ o’ course, she ain’t talkin’. Women.

She hasn’t seen me yet, so I open my mouth ta call ta her, ta call her attention ta the man sittin’ on the porch… that would be me in case ya’ weren’t payin’ attention. An’ that’s when I saw the glint o’ moonlight upon her chocolate skin… her naked chocolate skin. That woman was as bare as the day she was born!

My jaw dropped in shock… an’awe. What the fuck was she doin’ out here? Without even a scrap o’ clothin’ ta cover her body! Some perv could be getting’ an eyeful right now! Oh yeah, again my mind balks, remindin’ me that I was the only ‘perv’ eyein’ ‘er up at the moment.

But - goddamn “ she’s gorgeous. I never noticed before… an’ I was a fool not ta. I can’t help m’self. I continue starin’… fryin’ my brain cells on her beauty. Those enchantin’ pale blue eyes finally settle on me an’ I find m’self wonderin’ why amusement has caused the corners of her mouth ta turn upward.

Then I realize that my jaw is hangin’ open. Oh yeah, that’s suave, y’ moron. With an audible snap, I close it. An’ with a newfoun’ awareness o’ my own body, I notice that my eyes weren’t all ta have enjoyed that view. I grunt, rising quickly fer a moment, an’ encase myself in the nearby shadows an’ takin’ the opportunity ta adjust…uh, ya’ know… ‘The Monster’ down below.

She settles down in the snow, right there in fron’ o’ me. An’ I’m vaguely curious as ta why she ain’t gettin’ frostbite standin’ out here, ya’ know... like that. I guess it never really occurred ta me ta ask ‘er more about ‘er powers. Maybe she’s immune ta the cold or somethin’ like that, I mean the cold don’ bother me none either.

S’funny though. How Jean had hidden her away. She was a wonderful example o’ statuesque beauty. I hadn’t even noticed this goddess fer all that red hair. Well, I sure am noticin’ now.

“Logan.” She greets me, with a smile curvin’ along her lips as if she were the cat that got the cream. O’ course, that metaphor brought up all kinds o’ endearin’ thoughts.

I mentally tell ‘The Monster’ ta shut ‘is yap an’ try ta ignore ‘im fer the moment. He’s threatenin’ ta get me in enough trouble as it is.

“Stor… Ororo,” I correct myself quickly. An’ I’m instantly rewarded with a brilliant smile that lights up her entire face. I nearly go weak in the knees.

How had I not noticed this woman before? I tear my hungry eyes away from this gorgeous lady fer a moment, pullin’ a cigar outta my pocket an’ lightin’ up. I’m sure the flame lights up my ragged face ta her fer a minute or so before it fades away. My position now marked by the cherry red glow at the end o’ the cigar.

Glancin’ back at her, I notice the frown marrin’ her features an’ the furrow of her brows. Damn it all, she’s starin’ at my cigar. ‘Tough noogies, Ro.’ I need this ta calm my nerves… not ta mention other more demandin’ bodily… things.

I’m sure that if she knew exactly what the other option was “ leapin’ out at her “ makin’ ‘The Monster’ stand up an’ take notice… she’d appreciate this damn cigar jus’ a li’l more. I just grunt at ‘er then smirk as she rolls her eyes.

“So,” I start. Rakin’ my eyes again over her naked body shamelessly. O’ course, this ain’t really helpin’ the situation with the ragin’ monster down below. So instead, I force my eyes ta meet hers. Not that she could tell with me lurkin’ in the shadows “ hidin’ like this.

The animal in me snarls at the phrasin’, but it’s true. I’m hidin’… an’ I ain’t ashamed ta admit it, well… ta myself anyway. I certainly ain’t gonna go an’ tell ‘Scooter’ that… or anyone else fer that matter.

“Ya’ normally fly aroun’ naked? Or jus’ in celebration o’ me bein’ out here, darlin’?”

Well, while that used ta make Jeannie swoon, an’ sorta giggle in that shy way o’ hers… Ororo didn’t look overly impressed. She puts her hands on ‘er hips with an obvious attitude… an’ it weren’t a real good one neither.

“Hardly.” She says ta me. “I like to occasionally wash the harsh chemicals and irritants from my skin in a more natural setting. It is much more soothing.” I nod at her. Then with an afterthought she crosses her arms under her breasts and adds with a huff, “Besides, I do not claim the same restrictions of the natural form as most humans do. And I am not ashamed of my nakedness. The human body is a beautiful thing, Logan.” she went on as if lecturin’ me. I stare at her fer a moment then say quietly.

“Yers is, maybe.” I grunt, steppin’ outta the shadows movin’ toward her.

Surprise flickers momentarily across those amazin’ eyes, although a strained smile follows. Whatever was in my eyes at that moment musta spooked her, ‘cause her eyes washed over white, announcin’ the existence of the raw power she commanded on a daily basis, before they turned ta their more natural lookin’ blue.

“Goodnight, Logan.” She offered calmly. An’ I couldn’t help but shiver as the hairs on my body began to rise with the slight static in the air.

She began to lift herself with an updraft from the snow-covered earth, leaving us earth-bound folks grounded where we stood. I feel a pang o’ somethin’… longing, maybe. I pass it off fer somethin’ else, like it’s just ‘The Monster’ assertin’ his influence again.

But no matter how I try, I can’t ferget that look. She was upset about somethin’. It wasn’t my imagination yesterday. She seemed indifferent ta my return an’ yet… she went outta her way ta let me see her just now.

I shake my head in confusion… women. Ororo was mad at me… I think. An’ I don’ even know why… but I aim ta find out, damn it! Right after I finish this cigar. TBC





You must login () to review.