“What do you mean, she’s not here?” Sweat rolled off Veasy’s face at the venomous tone of the man in front of him”the man who was currently strangling him within an inch of his life.

“Sh-sh-she’s g-g-g-gone, vaca- *gasp*” He tried to sputter through gasps of air.

Deos merely tightened his grip on the pudgy man’s neck and picked the man up a good six inches until their faces were millimeters apart. His breath was warm as he spoke through gritted teeth.

“What did you say, little man?”

Well, certainly not the way I thought I’d go out, Veasy thought as his vision became dimmer. Hm, imagine, strangled to death by a guy with the sweetest breath I’ve ever smelled. Figures it’d be this way.

Just as the pudgy, greaseball of a man was sure he was taking his last breath, he could make out the faint voice of another man.

“Deos, release him. Now!”

The next sound to be heard was Veasy’s body as it hit the floor with a thump.

“Damian, you sure know how to suck the fun out of an evening,” Ios chimed in from his post at the back door of club ‘Heavenly Bodies.’ His face showed all the displeasure he felt.

“There is no need to kill anyone. We have obtained the information we seek. And might I add, we could have simply swept his mind for this information; such brutish tactics were unnecessary,” Damian reprimanded his comrades.

“Dude, where’s the fun in that?” Deos replied.

“Like I said, sucks out all the fun. Frikkin’ Debbie Downer.”

Damian raised a brow at the two, “ ‘Dude’?, ‘Debbie Downer’? That’s it, no more Saturday Night Live for you two. Read more, my friends. Read.”

Deos and Ios both gave exasperated sighs, shaking their heads.

“Now, wipe his mind clean of the last few hours and heal his bruises, Deos.”

Deos looked at Damian as if he’d just grown a third head.

“Either you do it, or I give you the pleasure of explaining to our lord why the lady escaped our grasps.”

All color drained from Deos’ face momentarily before he turned on his heel and picked up Leon Veasy form’s from the floor. He stood the man on steady legs, his hand anchoring the man to the wall. Slowly, Veasy’s pallor returned to normal, starting from his head down. After that, Deos waved his hand before the man’s face.

“Remember nothing. Feel nothing. Sleep.”

Deos suddenly snapped his fingers and Veasy’s body fell limp once more. He threw the motionless Veasy over his shoulder and walked the short five feet to his office door before setting the man on his sofa. To the uninformed, it appeared he had simply lain down for a nap.

“Now,” Damian began, “we know the lady has left for a fortnight with her companion. I’ll break the news to our lord. You two do what you do best”track.”

Ios’ head snapped to attention, “Does that mean we get to fight?”

“Do whatever you feel. I have grown tired of the chase now, bring Ororo to me”unharmed, of course”by any means necessary.”


Meanwhile…

“Jubie, yah gonna speak ta us or are ya just gonna sit there and sulk?”

“……”

“I believe the answer is “What is sit here and sulk?’ Alex” Bobby chimed in, talking around a mouth full of hamburger.

“Jubes, you can’t seriously be mad at us ‘cuz you had to ride with Mr. Summers,” Alison stated.

“Can’t be mad? Can’t be mad?! You all didn’t have to sing ‘99 Bottles of Milk.’ Twice!” She had flown past mad and slid right into livid by this point. She leveled her gaze at Kitty and Peter. “And you two, pretending to be asleep…”

“Hey, it’s survival of the fittest,” Kitty replied with a wink.

Jubilee lost all coherent thought as she lunged across the table. Peter caught her midair and held her in place. From across the restaurant, it looked like the kids were simply kidding around.

“Look at those kids, Jean, always joking around,” Scott spoke through a smile as finished paying for all their meals.

Jean, looking in the direction he indicated, widened her eyes when she realized her fiancé was growing more dense by the day. She shook her head.

Oh, Scott, what am I going to do with you?

“So, did you get the veggie sandwich for ‘Ro? And the extra rare bison burger for Logan, Scott?”

“Sure thing. It’ll be out by the time they’re done filling the gas tanks.”



Outside…


Although it was the middle of Fall, Logan used the back of his hand to wipe the sweat from his brow. His increased temperature was not caused due to the weather, but rather a Weather Goddess. Logan leaned against the rear panel of the black Land Rover, filling its tank with premium fuel, watching Ororo as she filled the tank of the other matching vehicle. However, it was not so much the task she was performing, but how she looked doing it. Ororo leaned her back on the vehicle, her head resting on the truck. Her arms were folded under her bosom as she balanced her weight on one foot. Her other foot was resting atop the rear wheel, she breathed in contentedly as a soft breeze caressed her mocha skin. For one slow, agonizing second, her tongue darted out to moisten her lips. To Logan, the act lasted forever, his eyes mesmerized by the act.

Jesus, does she have any idea how fuckin’ hot that looks?

As if she heard his thoughts, Ororo slowly turned her head in his direction, opening her eyes at an even slower pace. Logan thought nothing could be sexier than seeing those pools of liquid sapphire revealed a little bit at a time. As he fell deeper into the haze of her spell, Logan didn’t even register the fact that she had finished pumping her own gas and had crossed the short distance from the gas pump to stand directly in front of him. His heart began to pound furiously in his ears, drowning out whatever Ororo was saying to him. Slowly, he began to register her hand resting on his chest, beginning its slow descent down. Logan found he could not pull his gaze from hers, which held him firmly in place even as her hand landed on his belt buckle. Ororo gave his buckle a light tug and it fell loose, exposing his zipper. Ororo again licked her lips and lowered his zipper in slow motion. Although Logan heard the telltale “zip”, and was somewhat aware that they were in a very public setting, he was powerless to stop her. He gulped in anticipation of her skilled hands on his now-throbbing manhood. Just when her hand reached into his pants…

“Logan? Logan, are you okay?”

Huh? What tha--?…Logan shook his head, trying to clear the cobwebs. As his vision came back into focus, he noted Ororo was again standing at her previous position, still filling the Rover’s gas tank. He noted the odd look on her face.

“I said are you all right, Logan?”

His mouth opened and closed twice before he was able to croak out an answer, his voice sounding foreign to him.

“Y-yeah. Fine.”

“Are you sure?”

What is she talkin’ about? Logan made sure to swallow this time before replying. He didn’t like the way his voice was sounding.

“Yeah, why?”

Ororo’s lips turned upward in a slow smile as she regarded Logan. Logan was baffled by her behavior.

“’Ro, what is it?”

Slowly, her eyes went from his face downward, resting on his midsection, her smile and eyes growing wider. Logan’s face was a mask of confusion, He, too, followed the path her eyes had taken. His mouth fell open at the sight he saw”a very prominent bulge resting in his pants. Somewhat embarrassed and a little pissed at his body’s betrayal, Logan counted to ten before raising his eyes to Ororo with a sheepish grin.

“Heh. Sorry.”

She was silent as she abandoned her task at the pump and came to a stop only a few inches from him. Her body was so close Loan could feel the slight buzz of electric current as her body thrummed with her mutation’s power. He was sure his breathing had stopped when she leaned closer, her lips coming to a rest beside his right ear. Her breath was warm as she whispered in a smoky voice.

“Don’t be.”





You must login () to review.