“An jus’ what tha hell do ya think yer doin’?!”

“Trying to return to my room to get some sleep if you will release me, Logan.” Ororo’s tone was more annoyed than shocked at being caught. She tried to wrench her arm free from his grasp.

Logan only tightened his grasp, “Where tha hell have ya been, ‘Ro?” His voice was low and dangerous.

“Out. And now I’m back. Do you plan on letting go of my arm, or am I to sleep on the rooftop?” She met his narrowed gaze with unamused azure eyes.

No matter how angry Logan may have been, he had to give Ororo credit. She was the only person he’d ever met who could match his gaze without flinching. Where most people found his gaze to be too intense, she never backed down. Logan reasoned he must have lost focus when he heard Ororo sigh heavily. Shaking his head, he again focused on her.

“Ro…” his voice bordering on threatening.

“Release my arm and I will be more than happy to oblige, Logan. I don’t run, Logan, you know that.” Ororo’s voice was calm.

Logan gave her a disbelieving look, which she matched with a raised eyebrow. Obviously, they had reached a stalemate. He sighed in resignation and released his grip on her arm, raising both hands in a show of good faith. True to her word, she didn’t run, but instead sat down on the rooftop. She looked back up with him with another raised brow.

Realization dawned on him. “Oh.” He joined her on the rooftop.

“I returned to the mansion to speak with the Professor”“

“What tha hell?! Why whould’ya do that without tellin’ someb”“

“Logan! Shh! People are trying to sleep and your bellowing would not be conducive to that. Now, if you will let me continue,” she reprimanded him.

Lowering his voice a degree, Logan opened his mouth to speak, only to find his was too angry to form words at the moment. Instead, he clenched and unclenched his jaw, choosing to clasp his hands around his knees to keep from strangling the infuriating Goddess beside him.

“Now, as I said, I returned to the Mansion to speak with Charles. I felt as though there was something Jean and Scott must have left out during our meeting. I can’t explain why, but it felt like something was off or missing. It turns out I was correct, but they only omitted the information because Charles had not shared it with them to start with.”

“So, Chuck’s holding out on us?”

“I suppose you could put it that way, but I feel he did so because he did not want to cause any unnecessary stress to us.”

“Unnecessary stress? ’Ro, we’re being tracked down by God knows who and they have God knows what type of powers”“

“Actually, you’re right, Logan.”

His brow furrowed at that. “What?”

“These power surges that Charles has been sensing, they’re God-like surges of energy.”

“Come again, ‘Ro.”

“Charles told me he’d never seen power surges such as these, so we did more exploration of the diner location, and the energy signature traces left behind were not natural, Logan.”

“Wait. Before we get to the God-like stuff”you read energy signatures?”

Ororo sighed, “Yes, Logan. Usually I only use it during battle to pick out hiding foes or decipher things like weaknesses, but, yes. Now, keep up…”

Ororo continued to fill Logan in on her latest findings while at the Mansion. However, he found he could barely focus on her words as was still processing his latest discovery into the enigma that is Ororo Munroe.

Huh, reads energy signatures, rides on winds, wields lightning like it was a rodeo lasso. Is there anything she doesn’t do? he asked himself as he stared at her profile. And damn gorgeous, ta boot.

As he thought more on the subject, his eyes unconsciously took inventory of the beauty beside him. She wore an all black lycra suit with a hood, a color he found to be incredibly sexy on her,; but he found the fit of the suit damn near lethal. Logan could see every contour of Ororo’s frame in that outfit. He continued his perusal of the Goddess and found she had chosen to pull all of her glorious white mane into a high ponytail. Logan could feel his groin tighten at the sight as it simultaneously made Ororo seem innocent and dangerous. The updo only served to accentuate her regal features”the high cheekbones, her almond-shaped eyes and finely manicured brows. Even from his perch beside her, Logan could see her cerulean eyes glitter in the moonlight. Finally, his gaze rested on her perfectly plump lips, kissed with a hint of gloss. Ororo had never been one for more than the barest touches of makeup. Logan had always liked and respected that about her, she was natural in every sense of the word. Again, he found his thoughts drifting to how sweet her kiss would be and how soon he intended to find out for himself.

Bet those lips are soft as pillows and taste like cotton candy.

“…and so I told Charles I would bathe myself in honey and fly around naked.”

“Huh? What tha hell?”

“See what happens when you lose focus, Logan?” Ororo held a devilish glint in her eye.

Logan didn’t miss a beat as he leaned in closer to her and dropping his voice an octave,
“And exactly what makes you lose focus, ‘Ro?”

Although she would not admit it, Logan’s nearness was wreaking havoc on her senses. It took every ounce of control she possessed not to lean just a tad closer to Logan and capture his lips in a kiss. Instead, she tried to play coy, narrowing her eyes and biting her full bottom lip. She fought to control the burgeoning giggle at hearing Logan’s groan in response to her actions. Leaning her shoulder close enough to brush against the wide expanse of his chest, she found her voice was more breathy than she’d expected.

“Why don’t we find out together?”

Logan had flirted with countless women before and had bedded his fair share, but none turned him on more than the breathtaking beauty before him. He had known Ororo was a sensual creature just by observing her movements. The woman oozed sensuality when she breathed”her breaths steady and measured. She radiated sex appeal when she spoke, walked, rode her winds--hell, she was sexy when she sat still and did nothing. However, in Logan’s mind, nothing made her sexier than when she was in battle. Shocked that he hadn’t made advances before, Logan thought of the countless times he had watched her eyes frost that telltale white as she commanded the elements to do her bidding. She looked like a pagan deity in her prime, and nothing turned him on more. Just thinking of how she looked with her winds howling around her and whipping her hair in a wild display, Logan licked his canines and his eyes began their slow transition from steel gray to amber. Ororo saw the change coming and welcomed it with arms wide open. Somehow, her hands had found purchase on the lapels of his shirt and she found she was unconsciously pulling him closer. Logan allowed the animal to take over for a moment as he dipped his head to nuzzle the side of her face, his breath hot and heavy in her ear. Ororo closed her eyes and shivered with anticipation. Closing his eyes, Logan’s right hand found her thigh as the left settled around her waist, his grip tightening as he pulled her closer still.

Ororo’s voice was as throaty and breathy as Logan thought he’d ever heard, “Oh, Logan.”

Logan could do nothing to suppress the growl that escaped him. Nor could he stop the inevitable releasing of his claws, on both hands, no less. He had honestly never been more turned on by a woman”ever.

Ororo chuckled, “Hm, so they do pop out for other reasons.”

Growling again, Logan pulled Ororo until she straddled his lap. She gasped at the bulge she found there. Retracting his claws, he opened his eyes slightly and could not find his breath. Before him, Ororo sat, her eyes closed, breathing labored and a sexy grin on her face. Smiling to himself, Logan moved a hand to the back of her neck and pulled her closer. Their lips had only touched when a loud rumbling sounded, causing the ground beneath the cabin to tremble.

It was Logan’s turn to chuckle, “Easy, darlin’.”

He could have kicked himself when she abruptly pulled away, her eyes flying open,
“Not natural.”

“What?”

Although he had seen it happen countless times, Logan was unprepared for the whiting over of Ororo’s eyes from such close proximity. It was as if lightning coursed through her body and danced in her eyes. The ever-present buzzing in her body intensified.

When she spoke again, gone was the vixen. The X-Man Storm was in full control, “Not. Natural. Logan, get down. Now.”

He had fought beside her enough times to know not to question a command. He dropped flat to his back and Ororo took flight in that same instant. She hovered a good fifty feet above the cabin, throwing her hands up, lightning dancing from her fingertips. Logan found he could not move as gale force wind came unannounced and pinned him. His eyes were assaulted by the deafening sound that accompanied the winds. He struggled to free himself as Ororo continued her battle against an unknown opponent. She was battered by the winds and pushed back nearly one hundred feet before regaining her footing and using her winds to push back. Her clothes ripping in various sections, and the strain on her face evident, Ororo called down rains and more howling winds to her aid. After what seemed an eternity but in reality was only a few seconds, the battle ended. Logan recovered quickly and turned his gaze upward to find Ororo still in battle mode, her white eyes narrowed and searching for the intruder. Her chest heaved from the restrained fury she contained within, hands continuously clenching and unclenching. Logan thought she might have forgotten his presence, until she spoke.

“Are you harmed?” Her voice was tight and commanding.

“I’m fine, darlin’.”

Still, she remained tensed for a battle, hovering above him.

“’Ro.”

“….”

“’Ro.”

More seconds ticked by with no response.

“’Ro, whoever or whatever it was, they’re gone.”

Still she did not relax her stance, her hair working itself free of the confining ponytail and waving like a proud banner.

“ ‘Ro, babe, come back to me. I know your trust my senses and whoever was here is gone now. Come on, babe.” Logan began to worry as he had never seen her so agitated.

Countless minutes ticked by as he waited for her to acknowledge him. Just when he thought he’d have to physically find a way to bring her down, Ororo descended quickly to the rooftop, dropping soundlessly. Her eyes slowly faded back to their usual blue. Her breathing had calmed considerably.

“Logan, I have never felt anything as powerful as that. It was as if the elements were torn between the two of us. As if they did not know whom to obey.” Ororo was shaken, and that was enough to concern Logan.

“Ya think it was the guys following us?”

“It had to be. Logan, if they have someone who can command the elements such as that, we may have bitten off more than we can chew with this mission.”

“’Ro, we’ve met plenty of bad guys in the past, and always beat ‘em.”

“No, Logan. This is different. I could feel the anger used to command the elements. It was unlike anything I’ve ever felt. Where I ask the Goddess to guide me and request the elements to comply, this was pure anger ordering the elements to bend to their will.”

Logan still didn’t understand why Ororo was so worried over this. He figured if you beat one bad guy, you could beat them all.

“I don’t get why this has you so worked up, ‘Ro.”

She placed a hand on his shoulder and looked him square in the eye, “Because, Logan, I fear if we were to battle again, it would literally destroy the Earth.”





You must login () to review.