Meanwhile…

“Sire! What has happened? Are you all right?”

“I am fine, Damian. Stop preening over me,” Theos ordered, agitated, as he picked himself up from the floor.

“My apologies, it’s just I did find you unconscious here.”

Theos’ smile was extremely disturbing, “No need to worry, my boy. I was merely engaging in a little… ’foreplay‘ with my Queen-to-be. She is quite the firecracker.”

“You…w-what?”

“My Ororo is a formidable foe, which inevitably means she will be a superior lover. She commands the elements with mere thoughts and I grew tired of your stalling, so I located her myself.”

“Stalling? Sire, I assure you”“

“Assure me what? That you don’t harbor desires or plans for my Queen? That you weren’t planning to use her and her powers against me, Damian?”

His smile grew more sinful as he watched the tell-tale widening of Damian’s eyes.

“When will you learn, boy, that you cannot hide anything from me? I own you”mind, body, and soul. You would do well to remember that.”

Damian racked his brain for a plausible lie to save his own skin.

“Relax, I will not end your existence”yet. Besides, isn’t that what you desire? To be free of me? No, my friend, we have several more eons ahead of us. Several more.” His maniacal laughter sounded as the skies clapped with thunder and lightning streaked.

Damian’s shoulders slumped as he retreated from the master suite. Every now and then he would hear breaks in the thunderous laughter, followed by the taunting words of his Lord and Master.

“Oh, yes, boy, we have things yet to accomplish. And I will show you how to break the will of a woman and bring her to you willingly.”

Same time, Xavier Cabin…

“Whoa.” Bobby was flabbergasted. His eyes bulged as he stared straight ahead. The boy was as pale as a ghost.

“Now do you see why I didn’t want the kids here for this?” Logan asked, clearly agitated.

“Logan, Jean’s right. They need to be here,” Scott spoke quickly.

Ororo and Logan had called a team meeting immediately following the incident, including the recent discoveries made with Professor Xavier. Logan noted the time on the digital clock read 4:45AM in bright red neon.

“So, we’ve graduated from fighting mutant-hating humans and other mutants to fighting Gods? Huh, wonder how our abilities will measure up to that,” Kitty mused from her position on the sofa.

“That means we step up our training and from this moment on, we are on red-alert. They obviously have pin-pointed our location and can strike at any moment,” Scott replied, not missing a beat.

“And we maintain constant contact with each other, and absolutely no leaving the cabin,” Jean added with emphasis.

The groans could be heard immediately following her declaration.

“Hey, this ain’t a democracy, so quit yer bitchin,’” Logan barked, wincing as soon as the expletive left his mouth. He turned an expectant eye to Ororo, waiting for the reprimand for his poor choice of language. However, it did not come, and Logan found Ororo to be very deep in thought, her teeth worrying her bottom lip. He glanced around the room quickly and found the teens did not notice anything amiss; however, Jean and Scott raised concerned eyebrows. He motioned to them both with a nod of his head.

Scott caught his meaning and abruptly ended their meeting. “Rest now, we meet in the Danger Room at 0700 hours.”

As the room cleared, Logan motioned for Jean and Scott to head back to bed. Once he and Ororo were alone in the room, he knelt by her side immediately, taking her hands in his own.

“Hey, ya alright?”

Her continued silence did nothing to ease his anxiety. He took her chin in his hand, forcing her to look at him.

“’Ro? Talk ta me. Please.”

Shaking her head slightly, it was as if she had just realized where she was. Her eyes focused on Logan’s, and she touched the hand that held her chin.

“Logan? I’m sorry, it appears I was”“

“A million miles away?” Logan finished for her.

She smiled softly in return, “Forgive me for ignoring you.”

“Nothin’ ta forgive, darlin’. We got a lot ta deal with right now. Tell me one thing, though.”

“Yes?”

“Ya’ ever turn this thing off?” He gently tapped her forehead with his index finger, smiling softly.

He was only this way with her and no one else. No one saw this side of Logan or The Wolverine except her, and that thought warmed her to no end.

She chuckled lightly, taking both of his hands in her own, “I’d be lying if I said yes. The truth is I must always be aware and thinking of strategies”especially in battle, constantly monitoring the elements and the actions of my opponent. Chalk it up to me being anal?”

“Nah, I chalk it up ta ya’ bein’ a perfectionist. Not that I’m complainin’, I just don’t wanna see ya burn yerself out, ‘Ro. I care about’cha, ya know.”

Pulling his hand to her cheek and resting her head on it, Ororo looked deeply into Logan’s eyes. “I know.”

Logan knew the timing sucked and the setting could have been better, but he honestly couldn’t remember wanting to do something so badly at that moment than kiss Ororo. He had never seen her vulnerable before and he wanted nothing more than to give her some of his strength, by any means necessary. Her eyes widened slightly as she watched Logan rise from his kneeling position and gently nip her bottom lip with his teeth. The grip she had on his hand tightened as he increased the pressure on her lip, taking her bottom lip into his mouth fully and suckling gently. Logan was unprepared for this first kiss with Ororo, Where he had once thought her kiss would be sweet and full of innocence, she instead tasted of hot spices and promises of heaven. Her kiss was completely unexpected, and he found his heart rate sped up considerably in response. Logan’s sensitive hearing could hear the low moan escape Ororo’s throat and he did nothing to stop the growl forming in his chest. To his credit, the end result was a vibrating purr. Ororo surprised them both by fisting her hand in his shirt and pulling him closer. She took over the kiss, slanting her mouth under Logan’s and snaking out her tongue to taste his lips. Logan allowed her access and was treated to the sweetest treat. Ororo groaned as she explored his mouth; it was as if her tongue was everywhere at the same time, spending considerable time dueling with his tongue and grazing his canines. Logan found he had to brace himself on either side of her so as not to stop their dance. He settled some of his weight in her lap and tore his lips from hers. When he looked at her again, he saw that her eyes were wild and full of lust, no doubt the same as his. His lips found hers again and he began to trail down her neck when he heard a gasp and chuckle from Ororo. He immediately stilled his actions, raising an eyebrow in question.

“Ya laugh at a time like this?”

She smiled that sweet smile at him and placed a chaste kiss on his lips, whispering “It seems we’ve been found out.”

Logan began to turn around and see who the hell would dare interrupt this moment, but he found himself stilled by Ororo’s hands. She motioned to the bulge resting in his pants with an amused lift of her brow. Sheepishly, Logan cleared his throat, scenting the air.

He spoke loud enough for their uninvited guest to hear, “Well, whoever tha hell it is better be gone in two seconds or they will personally be my punching bag during the Danger Room workout. Got that, Dazzler?”

From the gentle shaking of Ororo’s shoulders, he guessed Dazzler must have double-timed it out of there. She shook her head at him. “Logan, why must you insist on scaring them so?”

“Ferget that, now, where were we?” He dipped his head again to kiss her and was stopped by a delicate hand to his chest.

“We were going to bed.”

“Even better.” His wolfish smile was cut short seconds later.

“Separately. We need to rest before the Danger Room session.”

Ororo almost laughed at the pathetic look Logan wore, “‘Ro, I couldn’t sleep now if ya shot me full of tranquilizers.” He moved her hand directly over his heart, “Ya feel that? How can I sleep with that or this?” He gestured to the straining bulge before him.

Ororo closed her eyes slowly, biting her bottom lip and inhaling slowly, “Logan, I never said I wanted to go to bed alone. However, we must focus on the issue at hand.”

“That’s exactly what I’m trying ta get ya ta do.” He then moved her hand from his heart to his crotch, rocking slightly into her hand.

Ororo gave him a slight squeeze that almost caused him to erupt then and there. She leaned forward, taking his earlobe between her teeth and applying pressure. Logan’s claws distended themselves for the second time that night, right into the unsuspecting cushion of the chair.

“Good thing we have a Danger Room session in a few hours. You can burn off all of this…extra energy.” She gave him a gentle push and rose from the chair.

Logan caught her arm as she walked past and she gasped at the intensity of his gaze, “Fine. But this will happen, Ororo. And I know you want it as bad as I do.”

It was Logan’s turn to gasp as Ororo pinned him with an equally intense gaze, her blue eyes vibrant. “I know.”





You must login () to review.