Danger Room, 0656 hours…

“Making out?”

“Dude, totally making out. Like, tongues out, hands grabbing”everything.”

“Yah sure yah weren’t sleepwalkin’, sugah?”

Allison regarded her friends with a peeved look, “Is a fat man heavy? Is Rogue a southern belle? Does Jubes have the hots for Angel?”

Kitty rubbed her chin in thought, “Well, the answer to all those questions are yes”“

“Hey! Ixnay on the Arrenway!” Jubilee sounded from the group.

“Anyway, are you sure about Miss Munroe and Mr. Logan?”

“Yeah, I mean, Logan’s probably about as romantic as a porcupine in bed,” Bobby added with a chuckle.

“Guys, I went back into the meeting room to grab my pillow and I saw them”with my own baby blues. Logan was bent over Miss Munroe and had his tongue about halfway down her throat and she was doing her best to return the favor. And, might I add, Logan’s ass looks great from that angle.”

“I bet it is,” was the dreamy response from Kitty, Marie, and Jubilee.

“Hey!” was the answering cry from the boys.

Kitty shrugged her shoulders. “When she’s right, she’s right, guys.”

Cyclops and Jean surprised them all when they emerged from the door right behind them, dressed in full battle leathers.

“I hope you’re all rested and ready to go. We go 110% all day. No excuses, guys. Now, start loosening up.”

“Yes, sir,” they all answered in unison, beginning to perform various stretches.

Storm landed softly beside Jean, also in her battle gear. Jubilee’s eyes were wide as saucers, asking herself just when did Miss Munroe get there.

As if reading her thoughts”and those of the rest of the teens, “Logan and I have uploaded the new schematics Katherine created and are ready to begin.”

Iceman’s eyes darted around the room quickly, “Logan? Where is he? When’d he get here?”

“Right here, Icepop.” Iceman jumped as Logan clamped a firm hand on his shoulder. His smile never revealed if he heard their earlier discussion or not.

“All right, seems everyone’s accounted for. Let’s start with the Alpha-Red scenario,” Cyclops ordered and everyone dispersed.

Just as the scenery in the Danger Room changed from a steel room to a dense jungle forest, Wolverine walked by Iceman to take position, “Don’t ferget ta watch out fer them porcupines, boy.”

Even in his mutated state, Iceman began to sweat and he gulped nervously. Gambit shook his head and whispered to his frazzled friend, “Vous êtes un homme mort, mon ami.

“W-what’s that mean?”

Rogue hovered above them, “It means yer ah dead man, sugah.”


Seven hours later, Danger Room…

“Alright, guys. Take fifteen while we review footage and make some adjustments to the programs,” Cyclops ordered as the room transitioned back to its former metal state.

He headed for the viewing room, followed by Jean and Wolverine. Storm headed toward the teens, “How are you doing? Any injuries to report?”

“Does Bobby’s rear end count? Wolverine’s knocked him on it a few hundred times,” Jubilee responded, adjusting her custom fit gloves.

Storm chuckled slightly, “I suggest you all hydrate and remain alert. The next round of simulations may begin unannounced.”

She turned on her heel and walked to join the senior members of the team in the viewing room, passing Kitty as she carried several bottles of water to her teammates.

“Here you go, guys.”

“I’d ask you to marry me right now, Katherine, if I weren’t so tired.” Peter gladly accepted the bottle from her.

“I know what yah mean, Pete, mah bruises got bruises.”

In fact, they were all exhausted, having never battled for such an extended period of time.

Winded, Allison removed her iPod earbuds and sat on the ground. “Damn, Cyclops wasn’t kidding when he said 110% all day.”

“Oui, cher. Even m’hair hurts from all dis,” Remy added, resting his head on Marie’s lap.

Marie softly stroked his hair. “Yeah, an didja see Logan out there? He was like a man possessed?”

Bobby winced as he thought about the past seven hours, “Yeah. Guess we can all assume that he didn’t get to finish what he and Miss Munroe started last night.”

Logan’s voice carried from the overhead speakers, “Listen up, runts. Next phase is hand ta hand combat. Icepop, yer gonna be my partner when we start up again.”

Bobby head dropped to Allison’s shoulder, and she would swear she heard him cry softly.

“So, Bobby, exactly what sauce goes best with foot-in-your-mouth stew? Did you forget about Logan’s super hearing?” Jubilee asked him.

Remy tried unsuccessfully to rise from his position, choosing instead to turn toward Bobby, “Vous ete-“

“I know, I know….dead man,” Bobby whimpered.



Meanwhile, Theos’ penthouse…

Theos called a meeting with his three unwilling servants. As they sat around the heavy wood table, he eyed them all closely.

“As you may or may not be aware, I have located Ororo and her companions. We move in two days’ time. I will not be delayed any further, no thanks to my faithful servant Damian.”

Ios and Deos eyed their companion, shock evident on their faces.

“No need to concern yourselves with his deception, I will not seek retribution from you. At least not yet. Damian is aware I will seek my pound of flesh once we have secured my queen. Isn’t that right, Damian?”

Damian did not shift his gaze, instead focusing on the rains that fell outside the large floor to ceiling windows. Contempt was evident in his voice. “Yes…sire.”

“Now, I urge you all to ready yourselves for battle. These companions of my queen are quite talented in some respects and can prove bothersome if we do not prepare ourselves.”

“But, sire, they are mere mutants. We have the power of the Gods behind us.” Deos spoke up.

His next words were cut off as Theos rushed him so quickly, he did not have time to prepare himself. Damian and Ios could only hold their breaths as they watched their friend dangle in the grasp of Theos. He struggled to breath through the unmovable fist clenched around his throat. Theos’ eyes danced with fire and he pulled Deos’ face close enough to feel the heat from his breath as he spoke.

“Fool! How many times have I told you not to question me? If I didn’t need you for the pending battle, I would flay your flesh from your bones again and leave you for the vultures.”

He flung Deos nearly twenty feet across the room, imbedding the man in the concrete wall. “Now, all of you leave my sight and prepare yourselves.”

Damian did not miss the contemptuous glare Ios affixed to their Lord as they left the table.

Perhaps all hope is not yet lost, he thought.





You must login () to review.