Ororo had found herself lost in thought as she made her way through the second hallway, past the recreation room: she thought about how she was slow sleep deprived she was surprised she could function. Not many people knew, that Ororo had woken up with the sun; not to do any pagan rituals (although she admitted to doing them a lot more often then what she used to), It also wasn’t because she thought that the brisk morning exercises would brighten her day. No; Ororo often a woke with the sun, because the amount of times that she was woken up in the middle of the night with various incidents, by the time everything calmed down enough for her to finally go to sleep herself; the sun would rise and she often found herself saying: ‘screw it’ and getting herself up to start the day.

Today, however (outside of the migraine) was one of those days that didn’t pay to get out of bed-her barefoot landed on her favorite pair of high heels and it caused her to limp to her private shower; of course the hot water knob came loose in her hand so she had to take a cold shower as to not subject her self to third degree burns, she’ll put a work-order into Logan later-he was nice enough to volunteer to do maintenance until she could higher someone else-truth was she’d be lost without that rugged Canadian.

She also ripped her only clean pair of pantyhose, poked herself in the eye with her mascara brush.

To top everything else, while lost in thought about her morning, she just burnt her full lips on a cup of too hot freshly made coffee “Goddess! Today is only Monday.”

She groaned as she took an ice cube from the freezer and sucked on it too cool down her burn.

Logan walked in at the same moment “afternoon ‘Ro.”

“Hmm.”

“Ya okay?

She nodded: “Sorry Logan, just one of those days.”

“Sorry.”

She smiled “not your fault, speaking of, can you come to my office later?”
He smiled wolfishly “well, Headmistress Munroe, have I been a bad boy?” he playfully held her against the counter.

They’ve been flirting a bit more openly lately, she didn’t mind, in fact she secretly relished little moments like these between the two of them. “I have a maintenance order for my quarters.”

He nodded, “Sure, I gotta pretty light load today, I could probably get it done by the end of day.”

She smiled widely, “Thank you Logan - and when you come by...” she ran a hand along his forearm “bring your tool belt. I always loved a man who could-” BOOM! The sound of an explosion brought her back to reality “what the hell was that?”

Logan shrugged and she soon got her answer when a boy named Leon Vaughn came downstairs with no eyebrows and a soot covered faced; Logan raised an eyebrow “ya okay, kid?”

“Chemistry’s fun.” Leon grinned and blinked twice.

The two teachers looked at each other and shook their heads “I’ll get the fire extinguisher.”

“I’ll call the insurance company.”

Both went to their spots when Logan shoulder down the hall “Oh yeah! Hey ‘Ro?”

“Yes?”

“Hank called he’s still in DC on business. Sorry!”

She waved her thanks, but groaned when she hit sat at her office desk, that meant that she needed to find a substitute, one more thing to add to the list. She looked at the calendar on her desk, yep, today was only Monday.





You must login () to review.