Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's been a while since I posted for this story so here goes! ENJOY!
“I reach for you like I'd reach for a star,
Worshipping you from afar, living with my silent love;
I'm like a flame dying out in the rain,
Only the ashes remain, smoldering like my silent love;
How I long to tell all the things I have planned,
Still it's wrong to tell, you would not understand,
You'll go along never dreaming I care,
Loving somebody somewhere, leaving me my silent love”
My Silent Love by Frank Sinatra


Her eyes fluttered open slowly, her vision was still blurry and foggy, or maybe it was the lack of sleep in the past 3 days. Her headache seemed to have dissolved during her fa”Wait, what happened? Wasn’t I”

“’Ro…?” She heard a familiar gruff voice ask; she turned around toward where the sound of the voice had come from, and found Wolverine looking down at her with a worried expression plastered on his face.

She looked around to get familiar with her surroundings, she found herself on the grass in his arms, what happened? The last thing she remembered was being in the sky, mourning with the elements. And, now she was in Logan's strong arms, his masculine scent charming her groggy senses.

A soft breeze swept over her thigh ever so slightly, and she shivered. Why had she felt that? It was then that it hit her…. She was lying, in Logan’s arm, nude. She shifted a bit uncomfortably, as she blushed intensely, “Lo-Logan… Can you tell me what happened?” She asked him rather shyly.

Logan looked down at her, and she was slightly surprised to find that his eyes weren’t roaming around her body. He nodded and responded to her question, “ya fell from the sky darlin’. I was able to break yer fall, but when I was helpin’ ya up; ya mumbled somethin’ and collapsed onta me… Yer were out fer 10 minutes.”

Ororo looked at him like a dear caught in headlights, slightly shocked at the revelation, “Oh Goddess, I am so sorry Lo--”

“N’need ta be sorry darlin’… It’s ‘lright…” Logan interrupted her, looking straight into her eyes deeply, almost as if he were looking into her soul, and knowing everything she was currently going through.

Ororo looked at him and nodded softly, though her cheeks burned from blushing as deeply as she was. Logan began to take off his jacket, and put it around the small frame of the nude Weather Goddess, after seeing her shiver slightly. Ororo gave him a silent ‘Thank you’, which Logan just responded to with a nod of the head. She let Logan put the jacket around her, and stood unsteadily from Logan’s lap. Vertigo began to take once more, and she felt as though she would fall again, had it not been for Logan’s strong grip on her arm, all of a sudden, when she began to sway.

Logan then suggested in his gruff voice, only this time mixed in with a small hint of concern, “Maybe ya should get ta bed… C’mon… I’ll walk ya.”

Ororo turned to him, and protested “No Logan… That will not be necessary… Thank you for all your help this evening, I appreciate it,” She smiled at him, and removed his jacket, which fit her rather large, and handed it to Logan. “I will fly up to my bedroom… I do not believe I am in proper attire to be walking in a mansion full of children,” she chuckled a bit.

Logan laughed a bit as well, “Nah, I don’t think so darlin’…” And with that, he received the jacket, and watched as the Goddess he had fallen in love with, floated graciously in the skies above him and into her bedroom.

Many would think that at seeing a woman nude, Wolverine would just stare at her features, and pay no attention as to what might have caused the woman to end up nude in his arms, -for reasons other than sex- but it was different when it came to Ororo. She was… She was… God, she was so many things…

Logan turned and began walking through the woods, his mind reeling with thoughts about Storm. She is beautiful, inside and out… She has a smile that can light up the universe if she wanted it to… And her laugh… Music to his ears. The way she always knew what to say to make things better... How, no matter how she might feel, she’ll always put others before herself... In anything… He loved her… There was absolutely no doubt about it… He loved her more than he had ever loved anybody in his LONG life… More than life itself, if that was possible.

Logan shook his head slightly… Now it was all a matter of saying that to her, “Nah, ya gotta be kiddin’ yerself bub! She’s too good for ya… You’d only hurt ‘er… Yer not good ‘nough fer ‘er… Yer an animal… Yer worthless fer a Weather Goddess like ‘Ro…” He bowed his head, and continued this stroll into the woods.
--------------------------------

“I'll hold my head high
I'll never let this define
The light in my eyes
Love myself, give it Hell
I'll take on this world
If I stand and be strong
No, I'll never give up
I will conquer with love
And I'll fight
Like a girl”
Fight Like a Girl by Bomshell



The next morning Ororo and Logan were in the Danger room, trying to prepare a Saturday morning lesson for the five grumpy teenagers that accompanied them.  Other than the few peeks they would give to each other when they were sure the other one wasn't look very few words was said amongst the two friends.

Ororo thought about last night, and was still slightly embarrassed, if she could have it her way she would go back and change the past but because she couldn't, she was just as happy pretending it never happened.  Logan, on the other hand, wanted to - no, he needed to talk. He was scared; Ororo Munroe did not "just fall" out of the sky as if it were nothing. Something had to be wrong to make her plummet the way she did...something --- "LOGAN!!!!"

Logan snapped out of his trance, and turned to see Storm waiting to get a response out of him, but on what? “What did ya say ‘Ro?”

Ororo looked at him and rolled her eyes with a smile, “Logan, I had said if it was alright with you, we should have you teach the students the sparring techniques we spoke about the other night. Are you alright, Logan? You seem distant.”

He nodded and replied with a smile tugging the corner of his lips, “Yeah, I’m fine, don’t worry ‘bout me…. Yeah, let’s get the sparrin’ techniques done t’day then.”

Ororo turned to their students, who all stood around in a line, facing them; she explained what their activities for that morning would be. The students looked back at her; their expression hadn’t changed, until a loud bullhorn echoed through the entire room. Some students jumped and others were just slightly startled, “C’mon! Wake up people!!! It’s possible that one of these days, this lesson could save yer lives, so PAY ATTENTION!!” Logan screamed at them and then turned to Ororo and asked her, “Yer gonna be my partner, that okay with ya?”

Ororo nodded and smiled, “Of course.” And with that, the two instructors began the sparring lesson.

Kicks, and punches were thrown, but Ororo was able to dodge them with a swift move of her arms, or with just a few simple jumps. At one point, she must have lost her concentration, and Logan had thrown a kick toward her legs, swiping her off her feet, and she landed onto the mat with a rather loud and painful thud. She closed her eyes and laid there panting. Logan come up to her, and stood over her, “Are ya jus gonna lay there darlin’?”

Ororo chuckled lightly, “No, I think I should get up, right?”

And with that, Logan laughed as well and offered her a hand to help her up. When she finally stood she turned to Logan, “Tha---an”kks”Loo--gan--” Her language slurred as she began to sway.

Her legs began to feel like jelly, as she felt very dizzy as her breathing became shallow. She stumbled over to the wall for support, as she felt as though she would topple over. Logan watched her closely, concerned for her health. Either she hit her head pretty bad, or she’s jus gotten very weak… He thought to himself and observed as her color pigment became lighter as she completely lost her balance.

The teens watched as their teacher nearly passed out, an alarmed Jubilee screamed, “Miss Munroe! What’s wrong?”

Ororo did not respond, the room was spinning too quickly making her nauseous, and she couldn’t seem to find it in her to really respond to them and reassure them that she is fine. “’Ro?” she heard Logan call for her, and then felt as a heavy hand lay on her shoulder.

“Ororo!” She heard him call once more this time firmly and with more authority.

Hearing him call her by her full name, seemed to have “woken her up”, so to speak, and she was able to come out of the unsteadiness state she had found herself in. Ororo looked startled for a moment, “Huh? What?” She asked dazed.

“Are you okay Miss Munroe?” asked Bobby.

She wasn’t sure how to answer, and just nodded. Logan didn’t seem too convinced by just the nod, so he grabbed her by the forearm, and led her out of the Danger Room after telling the students they could go. He turned down the hall, as he walked toward the infirmary, when he noticed that she was not protesting against the way he was holding her, or where he was taking her.

This ain’t like my Ro… She would’ve been arguin’ wit me ‘bout ‘er bein’ fine, ‘nd not wantin’ ta see Blue, so what’s changed? Why ain’t she arguin’ wit me now and bein’ as stubborn and headstrong as she usually is? He though confused as he entered the medical wing with Ororo.

As he entered, Beast looked up from the paperwork he had been working on. “Hello Logan, is there something wrong?”

"Yeah...its 'Ro... you gotta help ‘er I dunno what’s wrong!" Logan explained in a rush to Beast, who had never heard and seen so much panic come over the Canadian.

Logan helped Ororo as she sat down on the table, after Logan gave his rushed explanation. Hank then turned to Ororo and asked, “Ororo, my dear, what is wrong?” Though Hank had a sneaking suspicion, he didn’t want to bring anything to Logan’s attention; it’d be an invasion of Ororo’s privacy.

"Nothing, Hank, we were in the danger room, I fell and I got dizzy getting up too fast. Its fine, I'm fine nothing is wrong." her full lips said 'Nothing is wrong' but, her eyes said she was terrified and needed help.

"Okay," Hank nodded "Humor an old friend and let me examine you anyway," he took her hand in his gorilla sized paw "Logan, if you can excuse me for a minute while I examine her."

Hank ushered him out of the room "But?!" Logan protested.

"But nothing - you can't be in here while I examine a patient, Ororo would give you the same respect if needed. I need to examine her, now give her the same, yes?" The almost feral homo-superior nodded, although he wasn't happy.

Hank conceded "I'll call you if anything changes or if she needs you, I promise Logan,” he pushed him out the door and rolled his eyes "Stubborn man..." He turned back to Ororo a soft, sad smile covering his facial features.

Ororo looked back at him and returned the smile. She began to leap off the bed stating, “Well, I must get going. I am alright Hank, I mean it!”

Hank stopped her midway, “I am afraid I am unable to let you leave yet Ororo. I promised Logan I’d examine you, and it’s a promise I intend on keeping. I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you of the treatment options you have Ororo.”

She glared at him, but concurred, “Alright. But, I promise nothing.”

Hank nodded, “All I ask.” He moved swiftly to his desk and picked up a yellow case folder. Putting on his reading glasses, he began, “Well, it is needless to say that the reason why you had the dizzy spell when you fell earlier, it was because of the b-”

The Weather Goddess cut him off sharply, “Yes, I am aware of that.”

The scientist sucked in a breath, “Alright. Ororo, as a close friend, I feel compelled to ask you how you are taking this news. Surely, it must be hard, it is big, and devastating information…”

Her answer came cold, and as if it seemed to just pass right through her once more as replied, “I am perfectly fine with this Hank.”

Hank sighed, and continued, “Though your case is pretty advanced… There still is some hope. We can start you on treatment.”

Ororo shook her head, and softly said, “I do not wish to receive any treatment. My body is like a temple, and I do not wish to contaminate it with such chemicals that may kill me faster than the disease itself.”

“But Ororo! You cannot just give up this way! You’d be writing your death sentence!” He tried to reason with her.

She looked at him angrily, “Funny, I was told the same when I joined the X-Men. I am not giving up… Me giving up would have been taking my life last night after I found out! Me giving up would have been me not getting up this morning, and pushing forward! Me refusing to take any treatment for this is NOT giving up!”

Hank sighed loudly, “But Ororo, dear, please… Just… This could help!”

Ororo shook her head, “Hank, you yourself said that this was far too advanced to do anything about it… Why prolong what is bound to happen eventually?”

“Are you positive about this my dear?” He asked once more.

She nodded, “I have done my research. But, I would like to know how long I have.”

The blue man removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes, “…Three to five months. Five months being the maximum…”

Though this really tore her up inside, Ororo kept strong and nodded, “Then that shall be it.”


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you guys liked to story! PLEASE review! :]



You must login () to review.