Logan woke up his head was throbbing, strange smells assailed his nose. Before opening his eyes he listened. His fingers were digging into dirt, his nose smelled blood. There were cries, one the cry of a warrior and the other screams, swords were clashing, staffs were hitting each other with wooden thumps. Wait what? Logan opened his eyes quickly assessing the situation quickly moving his body into a crouch. Looking around his mind could not comprehend what was happening, it was all wrong, all strange. Where was Ororo? The next thign he knew he was scooped up by a man in a yellow shirt and leather pants and set aside, being reassured the he was going to be ok. Logan growled at the man and punched him hard. The man staggered back and smiled, the two began to spar, and Logan found himself suprised at the exceptional strength of his rival. Another man wearing chain mail armor attacked him and Logan deflected the blow quickly extending his claws. The man in the yellow shirt raised his eyebrows at Logan then spoke while snapping a spear that came at him.

"look fellow we can finish our match later why don't we team up and beat the guys who are trying to kill us."

Logan nodded.

"sure Bub."


Ororo awoke to a bucket of water being splashed on her face, and concerned sky blue eyes looking into hers. Where was she? Quickly Ororo looked around and found the sky blue eyes torn from her for but a moment as the body that held them quickly defended her from a man wearing a strange black leather armor and then a strong hand grasped hers and picked her up. Ororo was immediately thrown in to the battle as she grabbed the end of a spear shaft and stepped to the side avoiding being stabbed. The warrior women with sky blue eyes nodded and they fought back to back. Ororo whited her eyes and blew several of them back from and innocent women, then struck another with a lightning bolt. Soon they cried out and retreated as their number dwindled significantly. Ororo gave them chase on the winds for a moment then landed next to the warrior women who stood not to far away.

"Well done, you are an impressive warrior Ororo. "

Ororo looked her over and found the women from her dreams. She stepped close and caught her in a close hug. Ororo found it comforting and stepped back when it ended.

"how do you know my name? And who are you?"

" You ave been haunting my dreams as of late. My name is Xena."

They were interrupted by several villagers who moved to thanks them.The two moved into the woods away from the battle after being thanked by the villagers and given provisions.

"Come we must meet a few others in the next village over."

Ororo nodded and followed. As they walked they spoke.

"Xena how long have you been dreaming about me? "

Xena smiled.

"About five nights. I dreamed of your the first night in a strange but beautiful land, where people all have skin your color or darker. We lived a warriors life together, had a very close relationship. Fought for the innocents much like we did back there, it was as if Xeus ordained our relationship, the dream started with a bright light, we grew up together I cannot explain it. The second night you returned to me in a dream and again we lived life, loved togehter, married, watched our children grow up together, Our husbands fight together , lived through a great loss, last night you died in my arms. Then you showed up today. Tell me of your dreams."

Ororo nodded.

"they are the same. The country you dream of is Wakanada, my home. " ororo stopped and listened. Her heart was till beating, she was still alive, her breathe was coming in and out of her lungs. Was she dreaming? In the bush she saw a larger quail. She looked at Xena, who smiled, took out her small dagger and threw it catching the bird by the tail feathers. Just like in thier dreams. " How can this be Xena?"

Xena smiled and captured the small bird placing it alive into the bag she carried after comforting it and closed the top.

"well I am not much a believer in the gods, but it has to happen somehow. You must be touched by them to have hte powers you do."

Ororo laughed.
" I am a mutant, my genetic tissue has been altered, and that gives me powers like this. what about you? You possess mighty strength and a badass fighting skill.

Xena laughed.

"that has been forged by battle. I was once a mighty warlord who killed many, I met Hercules and he helped change me."

"Wait hercules? Like the greek mythology Hercules?"

Xena nodded this women was strange yet because of the dreams it was like they were sisters and Xena found her company enjoyable.

"there are many stories told by bairds of his deeds. Come we should camp for the night. I only have one bedroll I apolgize, we will have to share."

Ororo nodded. The two women sat around and talked until long after dark, then curled up on the bedroll backs facing and fell asleep.

Early the next morning Ororo as awakened by the sun shining in her face. Seeing Xena still asleep Ororo rolled over and studied her face gently. She felt a certain affection for this women, though she had never met her. How had she gotten here? Was this another of her dreams? Ororo got up softly slipping out form under the covers and walked over to the mountainside. The sun glinted off of the green trees and the meadow spread out before her. Ororo closed her eyes and crossed her knees allowing herself to meditate, expecting all of this to go away. Twenty minutes later the hard alto voice of Xena interrupted her.

"Hey I hate to interrupt you but we need to move on."
Ororo opened one eye and found Xena soflty sitting next to her. Xena smiled as if reading her thoughts.

"Nope its not a dream. I thought the same thing. You are really here and so am I. I know you aren't from this age and that puzzles me. It puzzles me that we are here. You have no recollection of how you got here you just are, and the only connection is the dreams. Tell me what happened."

Ororo recounted all she remembered and Xena sat thinking.
"we have to find a way to get you back."

Ororo turned to her.

"And if we can't?"

"Then our dreams would come true. And I can't say I would think that would be a bad thing. As long as we can keep the great loss otu of it. "

Ororo smiled and hugged Xena tightly. Xena pulled away.

"come we must get to the Amazon encampment Gabrielle is waiting for us there."

"amazon Encampment?"

"Yes, She was given the rite of passage and became royalty. I ended up fighting the queen and won that right but in the end I gave it back, but the Amazon's wanted Gabrielle to finish her training. She has been there for a month now, tonight is her night to prove she is a full blooded warrior. It should be interesting for you. They moved soflty and quickly through the forest. Ororo let her hunting senses take over and Xena watched her move quickly and quietly. When they were closer to the encampment Xena waited patiently and watched Ororo when an arrow came toward her. Ororo reached out and caught it and smiled at Xena. They dropped into the encampment from the trees. The Amazon's turned to see Xena and Ororo drop into the camp and Ororo spoke quickly and quietly to them in thier native tongue. Gabrielle moved forward and nodded to Ororo.

"You speak this language well."

Ororo smiled.

"it is much like my native tongue."

"hows your staff skills?"

Ororo laughed.

"lets go."

Xena watched Ororo as she and Gabrielle fought. They fought well, both of thier skills were honed. They were a good match. Elphirion one of the Amazonian women walked out of the brush and smiled at the end of the match. the two women were at a standstill.
"come little sister now you must face me."

Ororo backed off and watched the two women fight. Xena sat next to her.

"she is a formidable warrior."

Xena nodded.

"she is an innocentin many ways, never spilt blood."

Ororo nodded and Xena studied the shadows that deepened her face.

"Tell me."

"He was a wicked man and I slayed him there is nothing more to tell."

Xena nodded.

"Lets talk more later."

At the end of the evening Gabrielle had been crowned and had reached the peak of her skills, and was considered a full amazonian. After the ceremony Xena and Ororo were shown to their quarters.

"come sit Ororo, and tell me of the blood on your hands."

"He was a wicked man, he killed many of my people and my parents, killed my brother. I alone remained. I was young and I did not know the horrible price of killing. He took me into his bed chambers and when he was finished with me. I took a dagger, my fathers dagger and stabbed him a million times over. A war broke out, with me leading my people and we killed many. Many paid for my rage."

Xena nodded.

"I understand. I did many of the same things. Many paid a price for my rage as well. Ororo, you must forgive yourself. You have used your power for good. Let that may the atonig price, and your freed your people."

Ororo nodded and Gabrielle walked in. Turning to Ororo she hugged her gently.

"You are the women Xena has dreamed about."

Ororo nodded.

"I am and you are Gabrielle, best friend of Xena, a women who is very brave and to whom congratulations is due. You have finished your amazon training."

Gabrielle nodded.

"Thank you."

The three women feasted with the Amazon's. The queen stood and motioned to Ororo.

"You are a Windrider are you not? You're kind come along every thousand years."

Ororo nodded.

"There have been more of me?"

"Yes Windrider, there are tales told of them."





You must login () to review.