A N: Well here we are; near the end of this journey. So long I have wanted to post, but wasn't sure if this was quite right. I can't make anyone who has been faithful to this piece wait any longer and I do apologize for my lack of surety with this fic. Such as it is, here it goes. A A


Tranquil. Beautiful. The atmosphere surrounding the once ramshackle boathouse had an entirely new feeling. Gone were the ravages of time, in its place a beautifully appointed comfortable home. The woods creatures, who once found it to be a place for rummaging, now came to play in its well attended yard and gardens. The old visitors adding to its picturesque beauty. The disrespect once bestowed upon the house a thing of the past. Everything seemed to now pay homage to its deserved elegance.

Upon first notice it would be assumed that no one dared disturb the command that the house held in its place by the lake, but everyone knows it's best never to assume anything. The living room was still immaculately ordered, with the exception of a shattered compote on the floor near the entrance receiving table. A large area rug was slightly askew, some of its fringes upturned. A worn leather jacket was carelessly dropped in the middle of the stairs.

Upstairs sheer curtains fluttered at the open window at the end of the wide hall. An oil painting hung crooked near the entry to the master suite.

The sound of soft breathing could be heard coming from the open door.

Inside a man sat in the comfortable chair near the window, watching the sleeping beauty upon the king sized bed. His eyes intent upon every rise and fall of her chest. A miracle. Nothing but a miracle. Though he claimed no belief in any certain deity, he knew he had been given the chance to be near her again by something greater than himself.

She took a deep breath, but he didn't move. He knew she was sound asleep and he was. . .afraid. He was aware of the emotion for one of the rare times in his life. He was afraid that if he moved he just might wake up and fint it all to be a dream. So. . .he sat very still and quiet waiting for her to awake and tell him that this was indeed a reality.

Early morning:

As soon as the door closed he reached for her.

She sensed his movement and quickly turned, walking backwards toward the stairs, a sly smile on her lips.

His hip bumped the table in his haste to be near her. The crystal compote she had placed there tipped over, rolling to the floor with a crash.

She giggled as he attempted to dive for her and he slipped just a little on the rug. Knowing he would not be easily halted she turned and ran up the steps. He was close on her heels. Growls his only vocalizing, as he shed himself of his dusty leather jacket, not caring where it landed. The stairs becoming its temporary home.

Similarly as in weeks before, she ran for the shelter of the master bedroom. Now elegantly renovated and decorated. Then out of humiliation, now out of blissful playfulness. In her haste, delicate fingers brushed the nature scene painting on the wall opposite what had been her temporary dwelling.

No sooner had she crossed the doorway, than he had her snared around the waist within his massive arms pulling her backward to his chest. She tilted her head back to lay against his neck as her own arms enfolded his that were wound about her.

He held on. Breathing in the fresh rain smell of her hair. Loving the feel of her arms and body on his.

She relaxed for the first time in weeks. Relishing the safety of his strong embrace. A contented sigh escaped her lips.

For unknown minutes they both just stayed that way.

Home. What they thought lost and gone forever, theirs once again.

Reluctantly Ororo walked out of the arms that held her. Her steps carried her to the picture window she now looked through with unseeing eyes. When her voice came it was soft, without the aid of his enhanced hearing he would have completely missed what she was saying.

"You hurt me", her right hand gently rubbed her left arm up and down as she hugged her own waist, bereft of his arms. She spoke ending her words with a quick gasp. "I don't open myself up very easily to the possibility. I guess that is why it took me so long to put aside my pride and its cousin; stubbornness. I know that love makes you vulnerable. . .to the good and the bad that life brings," slowly she turned to face him where he stood in the same spot.

"I. . .I thought you did not see me. . .or at least, like so many others just, I do not know maybe you. . . were not interested or did not care to know me. The men the have been in my life tend to treat me as something nice to have around, but not as a woman with a heart, that feels. Then you told me otherwise. I could not believe what I was hearing. You made me trust you. You proved your words to me with the love you made me feel."

"I told myself I would fight for you, for that, but I did not. Then dad made me face those words. I chose to be angry at everyone around me and the world. Blaming them for the pain. Never once did I stop to consider that I was causing the same hurt and anguish to you," tears welled in the bottom of her eyes, that she refused to let spill down her cheeks.

Logans heart broke anew.

"Somewhere deep down, in a place I do not want to admit exists, I wanted you to hurt. And. . .I was, huh. . .I was wrong, so very wrong. For that I am soooo sorry." Her breaths were coming fast and shallow.

"I made a choice Logan and I don't regret it. I love you, i couldn't stop if I tried. . .and goddess knows I tried. I understand the man that you are and the power that was wielded over you in your actions, I am not making an excuse for either, but I do not blame you. I forgive you. If you are willing to put up with all my faults," she tilted her head and shrugged her shoulders, "I'm here. In this for as long as you want me; or we do not kill each other," swiftly she swiped at the tears that escaped down her cheeks.

She sought his eyes imploring forgiveness and acceptance.

Logan ran his hand down his face. To say he was completely relieved would be a lie. He knew the damage that was done. He had thought of it all too often over the past few weeks, what if the shoe were on the other foot. It hurt too damn much to even think about it. He could only wonder at the grace the woman before him offered.

Slowly he began to walk towards her, speaking as he did, "Darlin' I could never stop lovin' ya if I wanted ta. . .and I damn sure don't want ta. Yer everything I need and never deserved. The pain I caused ya is the worst thing I can think of. I'll say it a thousand times a day fer the rest of my life it it will help. I'm sorry darlin', I'm sorry," he now stood in front of her. with the back of his hand he reached out to stroke her face.

She knew once again the effort it took for this proud man to confess such words to her with such depth of meaning. She stood before him her world spinning on its axis with the joy she felf.

"Since the first time I really saw ya, ya've been the first thing I think of in the morning and the last at night. Anyone who doesn't see ya is a damn fool. Anyone that has never taken the time ta get ta know ya were flamin' idiots. I will always want ya darlin', hell it wa beyond death being without ya. If ya can find it in ya ta put up with this old Canuck I aint ever lettin' ya go. Just hold onta me and fry my aas if ya even think I'm goin' anywhere, even though I aint and I'll still put up with it, just ta be with ya. I love ya so damn much darlin'."

The two collided in an all consuming embrace that beckoned both like a wave to the shore.

Her arms wrapped around his corded neck. Nothing was between them but the intense charge of pure love that had become a tangible element in the room.With deliberate tenderness Logan captured her mouth with his. Their lips slid over one anothers in unhurried exploration, as if for the first time. Both seeking to know the other anew. Both opening up to the other to taste what was to them lifes nectar hidden behind soft pillows of fresh dew.

How it happened neither one could say, but in an instant both were devoid of their few hindrances of clothing. Coming together again instantly in a heated embrace. Sighs of joy escaping their mouths. Logan scooped her up and carried her the few feet to the enormous bed, placing her down as if she were too fragile to touch.

Unable to restrain himself he placed the softest of tender kisses upon every inch of her flesh that his lips traveled. His hands soothing every part of her that they could reach. With every effort of his attention he felt her relax. Soon her breathing became less and less labored till it evened out in deep restful breaths.

He took a moment to peek up from his ministrations of soothing the woman he loved so very deeply, that had become his heart, to see that not only was she relaxed. . .she was sound asleep.

Silent laughter filled his throat, as he lay behind her cradling her against his chest, till his own tired eyes let sleep claim him as well.

5:47 p.m.

An easy deep inhale and languid arch of her back and stretch of her limbs, slowly brought Ororo awake. Before opening her eyes her hands sought out the body she knew would be near her on the bed. Cold linen met her search.

"Logan," an urgent plea, left her lips, as she quickly sat up on her elbows, eyes now open looking for him. Her hand sweeping colorless locks from her face.

"Hey darlin'," his deep voice came from the cushioned chair near the window.

"I. . .I thought. . .Logan I am sorry I did not realize how tired I was till I felt so safe in your arms and I. . ."

"Hush Ro, no reason ta apologize ta me. I'm glade ya were able to get some sleep. We have all the time in the world left ta us now darlin'."

"But I know you. . .I mean. . .I know we were. . ."

"Were what darlin'?" he asked rising from the chair, unabashedly naked, as he walked over to join her upon the bed.

He eyes fought to stay on his face and not the anaconda between his thighs. Still she unconsciously licked her lips, as her mind strayed to the delight she knew it could bring.

Logan's ego soared having caught the action and his trademark crooked grin softened his features.

"Well I ahh, remember that you were, that is to say that we were definitely in the beginning of ahh. . .", she stammered.

"Beginning of what darlin', about ta bring the roof down upon our heads with the earth shattering couplin' we were about ta commit," he laughed.

Shyly she hung her head down and smiled, with none of it having to do with the fact that she lay naked just as much as he was. Then out of nowhere she reached out and playfully punched him in the arm.

"Really darlin', first ya fall asleep on me and bruise my ego, then ya start ta trounce me fer yer not being able ta resist my soothing charms. How dare ya woman!" before she could think he had her in a vise grip and was tickling her senseless.

Ororo's hearty laughter filled the room, as she squirmed endlessly at Logan's assault. "Uncle, uncle," she cried, between snickers.

"Are ya sure darlin', me egos still a little bruised." he waggled his eyebrows at her.

In an instant the look in her eyes went from impish playfulness to heated. Logan was floored.

As though no time had lapsed Logan again started his hands and mouth exploration of her beautiful body, not missing an inch. Slowly, painstakingly he turned her back to him and kissed every part of her from her neck to her spine.

"Logan. . .I need to touch you. What are you doing?"

"Hush baby, just let me. I'm remembering everything I could never forget. I need to soothe every part of ya that I hurt, even ta yer soul if I can."

Ororo took an overwhelmed breath.

The man was going to kill her. Tenderly with every touch of his hands and mouth, Ororo fell apart only to be put back together by the all encompassing feeling of love he imparted to her with each caress, every kiss.

If she wasn't broken before she was now, as every carefully constructed wall she had built came crashing down by the power of the man she loved more than life itself. Beyond any climax she had ever had, Logan brought her to euphoria with each passing second by just the earth shattering depth of emotion he showered upon her.

Silent tears coursed down her face.

How was it possible to go from such pain to unimaginable happiness and ecstasy in so short a time.

She had to let him know she felt for him just as much. Unable to be merely a recipient her hands and mouth eagerly sought to assuage any lingering doubts as to her love for him.

All tiredness was gone, all playfulness was put to rest. Intense passion now broiled between them both. Hands sought eagerly to renew exposed flesh. Mouths nipped, kissed and sucked anywhere they could reach. Legs intertwined one another. In short neither could control the hunger they had for the other.

Time held no meaning as the two became one. Beyond their touch there was nothing. The world consisted of two and their boundless love.

Though they had shared the usual tumultuous passions of inflamed need, this time was gentle, unhurried filled with untold emotion.

Every touch, every thrust tearing down the hurt each had suffered for so long to solidify the bond they forged brand new. Neither cared if the world came to an end right then and there; at least they were together. . .whole.

When release came for them both, much later, it was with the shattering climax of the earth moving; their world. shaken to its core, removing all debris hindering anything and everything that they were building on creating a firm uncluttered foundation.

Basking in the afterglow of their joining they lay still tenderly stroking each others faces staring into the others eyes, seeing the same passionate love reflected back at themselves. With no words to say Logan cradled her to his chest, her silent sobs mirroring his quiet tears.

Outside no storm raged, only a light rain fell refreshing the earth with promise of new life.

On the front veranda beside Mofo a dark furry companion lay curled to his side, as his tail lazily swished back and forth as she slept, while he vigilantly kept watch over all within his domain.





You must login () to review.