Charles, Rogue, Storm, Logan and the twins were in Storm's office early the next morning. "What?" Rogue demanded in disbelief after Storm told her the news. "What do you mean my powers are back? They said it was permanent.

Storm looked at Logan and sighed. Hawk spoke up before anyone could say something. "When you grabbed my wrist the other day, I felt lightheaded and dizzy. More than likely that was why you blacked out. It's not your fault though; from what I hear, alot of mutants took it."

Rogue looked at Storm. "Could I talk to the three of you alone?"

Storm nodded and the twins walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. "And no eavesdropping!" Storm called out behind them. She looked at the Professor and nodded; indicating that the weren't listening. Then Storm turned back to Rogue.

"This would explain this dream I had," Rogue explained. "I'm caught under a car and Crystal is coming toward me, calling me Hawk. I start coughing and Crystal has to pull me out. There's fire and smoke everywhere. After Crystal pulls me out, I'm passed out, and that's how it ends."

Logan looked at Storm. "Didn't Crystal say that they were playin' an X-box when the car accident happened.

Storm nodded. "She lied... again." Storm sighed, then she commented. "It did look as if Hawk wanted to tell the truth though, by the funny look she gave her sister."

"Yeah," he conceded. Logan thought there was somethin' up with the younger one, but he didn't want to scare her by forcing her to tell him. He turned and looked at Storm. "Wanna go get some breakfast?"

"Sure," Storm replied, smiling.

XXXXX

The twins were in Crystal's room as the adults conversed. "Hey," Crystal said as they started playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. "What d'ya think about bringing some of our family traditions over here?"

Hawk looked up as she crashed her rock into Crystal's scissors. "What d'ya mean?"

"Like kicking the women out of the mansion, and while they shop, we decorate; put up the and decorate the tree; listen to Christmas songs and then watch a movie when we're finished."

"Yesterday was Thanksgiving wasn't it?" Hawk asked, snipping Crystal's paper. Crystal nodded. "You know how big I am on traditions." Hawk smiled as she crashed her rock into Crystal's scissors again.

"ROCK! PAPER! SCISSORS! SHOOT!" They both said, and Hawk crashed her rock again into Crystal's scissors.

XXXXX

The twins ducked into a niche as Storm and Logan came out of Storm's office. "Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" Hawk asked Crystal.

"Yup," Crystal said looking at Hawk.

"Mistletoe!" They both said when the couple was out of sight. They walked the rest of the way to the office and went inside.

"Welcome girls," the Professor said, turning around in his chair behind the desk. Obviously he liked being in his old office. "What can I do for you?"

The girls looked at each other nervously, but then explained what they wanted to do. "If Magneto and his gang are back," Hawk explained, "then this could be the only chance we could have to go shopping without a hassle."

"But how would they know what to buy?" Professor X asked.

"Ms. Frost is a telepathic right? More than likely, the girls already know what to get everyone. And while everyone decorates, they'll probably thinkin' about what they want for Christmas. That's not exactly probing if they're already thinking about it; then you could send it to the girls."

"Will you two be going?"

They both shook their heads. "Anyone over eighteen goes."

XXXXX

"I can't believe that actually worked!" Crystal exclaimed. She and Hawk were heading to Hawk's room to pick up her dock so that they could listen to music while they decorated.

"I know. At least we can decorate the mansion, just like at home. But when we play the music, the one song that I don't want to hear is 'Christmas Shoes.' Ugh! I hate that song."

"I know. It'd be nice to go one year without hearin' it for once. I mean, it's so sad."

Hawk nodded and was about to say something when a familiar tune began to play. "It was almost Christmas time..."

The two froze and looked at each other in horror. "It's not..." Crystal began, hoping she was mistaken. But the look her sister gave her told her that she better wish it was snowing in Florida, and the snow stuck.

"Change it!"

XXXXX

Logan was in the living area, helping get the Christmas lights and decorations out, when the twins rushed in. Crystal used her telekinesis to tweak the station radio; automatically changing the song to 'O come all ye faithful.'

The twins leaned against the door way, breathing hard with relief. "What was that all about?" Logan demanded.

Hawk looked up at him. "Trust us, you don't want to listen to that song."

"Why?"

"It was 'Christmas Shoes'," Crystal said, as if he should've known what song it was. "You know, a best-selling book, that became a song by Newsong, that later became a movie."

"How did you know that?" Logan asked, still puzzled by their behavior over that song. "The first part had just barely started."

Crystal pointed at her sister. "Hawk has an excellent memory when it comes to music. She can guess the title and artist- if she knows them- of a song just by listening to the first second of it. It's pretty rare that she's wrong."

"And what's wrong with 'Christmas Shoes?" Bobby asked, coming in to help Logan. Hawk turned to him.

"Have you seen the movie?" Hawk asked. Bobby shook his head. "Yeah, well, I have. And I never ever want to see it again."

"Why not?"

"Look," Crystal said. "If you guys wan to listen to one of the saddest Christmas songs ever, go ahead."

"Speak for yourself, Crystal. Don't think I haven't forgotten about that incident last year. I was forced to watch it thanks to you. That was torture."

"Hey," Crystal said defensively. "It wasn't my idea to go and wake you up, it was mom and dad's."

"Anyway," Hawk said, returning to the subject beforehand. "Just make sure we're not around... or at least I'm not."

"Is it really that bad?" Logan asked.

"The mother dies! I got a little watery eyed. And let me tell 'ya, it hard to get me to cry at a movie. I've actually never cried at a movie. The only other time I came that close to cryin' at a movie, was during 'Marley & Me'. I actually used to like that song, until I saw the movie; which spoiled it."

"Look," Crystal suggested. "Let's get Hawk's dock, and we'll get some good music on."

After the twins hooked up the iPod, they turned on 'Rockin' around the Christmas tree' by Jump 5. Hawk sang along and always froze at "Deck! The halls with boughs of holly."

XXXXX

After everyone finished decorating they all gathered into the living area to watch a movie. After watching the new Harry Potter movie they all went upstairs to their rooms. The women weren't home until midnight.

XXXXX

Hawk went to Storm's room the next morning. "Storm?" she asked into the closed door.

"Come in," Storm said. Hawk opened the door, and saw that Storm had just finished putting on a silver turtleneck. Storm pulled out her long hair- a bonus from Crystal's healing- from the back. "I just wanted to ask you a favor."

"Sure," Storm said, turning to her. "What is it?"

"I just wanted to ask if you could make it snow for about, oh, let's say, half a day?"

Storm froze. Oh boy, Hawk thought. "Don't worry, it's for a good cause."

"Which is?"

"If I told you, then it wouldn't be a surprise."

Storm sighed. "I'll try; but I won't guarantee anything."

Hawk nodded, then left. She stopped by the window and saw the snow falling down.

XXXXX

Hawk went to the stables later on in the evening. Crystal was brushing Storm as she came in. "Hey," she said. "Is she ready?"

"Just about," Crystal replied. "Do you know where the sleigh is?"

"Yup, at the other end of the stables in the shed."

"Great," Crystal said, giving the black mare one last stroke. "Go call the others down."

XXXXX

Storm and Logan walked into the stables, hand in hand. "Hey!" Hawk said, popping up from behind the stall.

"Whoa!" Storm exclaimed. "Don't do that."

"Sorry," Hawk said, coming out. "Follow me."

Hawk led the two out to the shed where Crystal was waiting. Crystal pointed inside. "Wait out here." The twins went inside. "What is it?"

"Storm's not being cooperative with me. Says that it's too cold and that she needs your permission and wants a warm blanket."

Hawk rolled her eyes. Storm was taking advantage of the join-up technique that Hawk used before she went riding. She went to the carriage where Storm was. "Alright, Storm," Hawk said. "Quit taking advantage of Crystal and help us out." Hawk grabbed one of the rails to harness the horse to the sleigh and slid it in place. She double checked everything from strap to buckle, then told Crystal to hold and lead her out. Bobby, Rogue, Peter, Kitty, and Angel were out back. They needed some help to pull this off. "Okay, you can come in now."

Storm and Logan walked in, and Storm gasped. "What's all of this about?"

Hawk smiled as Crystal led Midnight Storm out onto the snow, luckily the girls never shoed her, or they would have had a problem with thrush. "This was why I needed the snow."

The rest of the team, minus Beast and Xavier, went into the sleigh. The kids in the front, the adults in the back, and the twins driving. Hawk took control of the reins. There were two blankets in the back. One for the adults, the other for the kids. Everyone started to sing 'Jingle bell rock,' then sang 'Sleigh ride', the kids trying not to giggle when they said "it's grand just holding your hand," and "we've snuggled close together like two birds in a feather would be." After that they sang Jingle Bells. Storm's bells were jingling as she trotted on, matching everyone's song. "Batman version!" Crystal cried. The adults, of course probably didn't know what she was talking about, but the rest of them did.

"Jingle bells

Batman smells

Robin laid an egg

Batmobile

Lost a wheel

And Joker got away

Hey!"

Everyone, except the adults, laughed. They trotted on in silence for a little bit then Hawk started singing.

"Sleigh bells ring, are you listenin'

In the lane, snow is glistenin'

A beautiful sight,

We're happy tonight

Walkin' in a winter wonderland

They all looked up to see Sky flying around. Sky swooped down.

Gone away is the blue bird

Here to stay is the new bird

Sky landed on her shoulder as she said 'new bird'. Then the kids all turned to sneak a peak in the back. Storm was leaning against Logan, wrapped in the blanket and smiling. Logan was looking back also smiling.

He's sings a love song as we go along

Walkin' in a winter wonderland"

Logan looked up at them and they all immediately turned back, giggling. Hawk suddenly felt cold all over. She looked at Crystal, and she nodded. Hawk one handed the reins, and Sky hopped off her shoulder and onto her forearm. Hawk lowered then quickly lifted her arm. Sky took off instantly. Storm was also starting to act weird. Her ears were flicking back and forth with anxiety, and she was starting to stiffen, as if preparing to bolt. Hawk relaxed her grip on the reins a little, but it made no difference. Her head started to bob and she was snorting. "Everything alright up there?" Logan called.

"I don't know," Hawk called back. "Storm's just acting a little strange."

"Can we start calling her Midnight when I'm around, please?" Storm asked. "Otherwise, I'm going to think you're talking about me."

"Alright, Storm."

Hawk was about to urge Midnight on, when Sabretooth came in, knocking Midnight to the ground. The kids screamed as the the sleigh went down. Storm had just manged to untangle herself from the blanket and used the winds to push them back upright. Midnight, however, was still on her side. Crystal got off, and Hawk went in the back with Storm and Logan. Kitty, and Colossus got out and went to stand beside the sleigh. Rogue and Bobby went to help Crystal. Rogue took off her glove. Sabretooth backed off, then disappeared into the woods again, knowing this wasn't a fight he could win. Everyone got back into their spots, and Crystal joined them after checking on Midnight. "Uh, Hawk, I think we should go home now," Logan said.

"Yeah," Hawk said nervously, nodding. "I think so too."

XXXXX

"Are they the ones?" Sabretooth asked his partner behind the bushes.

"I can't be sure," his partner replied. "One of them definitely looks like the child I was going to experiment on, but I couldn't see the other one. We're going to need someone who has seen them."

XXXXX

Storm and Logan walked back into the mansion hand-in-hand. "Too bad the sleigh ride was ruined by Sabretooth," Storm commented.

"Yeah, Hawk was a little spooked by that."

Storm nodded. They were coming up on one of the common rooms, when Storm noticed something on one of the door frame. "Why is it that when we're walking around together, there's always mistletoe up on the door frame?"

Logan shrugged. He unsheathed his claws to cut it down, when a voice on the other side of the door stopped him. "Don't even think about it Logan," Crystal said.

"If you want to come in here," Hawk said, "You have to do the kiss under the mistletoe."

Storm and Logan glanced at each other. This was not what they had wanted. Then he thought back to the fight with phoenix. He whispered the idea to Storm and she nodded. They stole a quick peck then heard the twins sigh disappointedly. Not what they had wanted, but Storm and Logan were satisfied. They walked in while the girl's still had a sour look on her face. "Alright," Storm said. "To bed, both of you."

The girls complied and Storm and Logan got their time in the common room by the fireplace.





You must login () to review.