Storm was about to start a Danger Room session when Hawk came in. "Okay if I join?"

Storm was a little skeptical at first; but then she decided to let Hawk try. If she could survive a battle with Sabretooth, then she could probably survive a Danger Room session. Originally, Storm was going to pair up with Crystal- to see for herself how the teenager was in the Danger Room- and have Peter with Bobby and Kitty; but she could always pair up with Logan, and Peter could pair up with Gambit. "Rogue," she called to the young woman who would be observing. "Take Hawk into the dressing room and get her a uniform."

When they came out, Hawk was in a uniform that was similar to Shadowcat's, just a darker shade of pink.

XXXXX

Hawk and Crystal hid behind a large piece of debris. Lasers were shooting from every-which-way and missiles were flying everywhere. "Do you see the exit?" Hawk asked.

"Yeah," Crystal replied, checking her timer. "But we only have three minutes left, and no one else is here."

"Where's Storm?" Hawk asked looking around.

"I don't know."

"Wait," Hawk said as something caught her attention. "There she is."

Hawk saw Storm flying over some debris, easily evading the missiles and lasers fire. She landed easily not too far from where the twins were. Hawk was about to wave her over when she somehow knew that something was coming in at them. "Crystal, lookout!" Hawk cried, bowling her sister over as a missile detonated into the debris not a second from where their heads had just been. Crystal manipulated the winds to keep the debris from the blast from hitting them. Hawk noticed Crystal turning to her. She looked at her face. There was that funny look again. "What?"

"How did you do that?"

"I don't know. You know how I get when I'm on full alert. I guess it was that."

"Are you two alright?" Storm asked rushing over.

They nodded. "Where's Logan?" Hawk asked.

"Got separated when the sentinel was heading towards us."

Crystal looked out and over some more debris to their left. Hawk did the same. They saw Cannonball, Colossus, Sage, Mirage, Gambit, Kitty, Bobby and Angel heading their way. Hawk suddenly noticed something in their path. "Stop!" She cried, instinctively grabbing her sister's arm. They both cried out in pain as, what felt like, electricity ran up Hawk's arm.

"Hawk, let go," Storm said. Crystal had passed out by then.

Hawk obeyed, and realized that she was holding out her other hand. She was about to pull it back when she that she had pushed the others back. "Huh?" She didn't know how she did that, but she didn't waste waste time to think about it. She used the telekinesis she received, to put some of the debris that had dislodged from her close-encounter with the missile, onto the mine that Bobby was about to step on. It exploded on contact and she put a force-field around Bobby's group.

Logan came out of nowhere between the two groups. "The whole world's going to hell and you're all just sittin' there?" He asked Bobby's group.

"Does he always curse like that?" Hawk asked Storm, as the others got up.

"Whenever he finds it appropriate," Storm replied, looking at her timer. "Ten seconds."

Crystal had finally come to and her sister helped her up and helped her race to the finish line. "Simulation, complete," the computer said.

XXXXX

"Crystal, Hawk," Storm called to the twins as they headed toward the locker room. They stopped and turned to face her. "I want to talk to you after you've changed."

They nodded and continued on into the changing area. "What's going on?" Logan asked.

"What you said back there was uncalled for," Storm murmured gently, but firmly. "It wasn't their fault."

"Then why were they on the ground?"

"It's Hawk. There's something going on here that we don't know about. Her reflexes back there were too quick to be human."

XXXXX

Crystal knew that Storm was going to ask about Hawk's incident. She didn't know how she was going to explain this one bit she had to come up with something quick.

When they reached Storm's office, they were invited in and they took spots on the couch next to each other. Professor Xavier and Logan were on either side of Storm, who was leaning against her desk. "What happened in the Danger Room Hawk?" Storm asked gently.

Hawk shrugged. "I don't know. That has never happened before."

"I was probably me," Crystal said cutting in. "I have a power transference ability, and it probably rushed in on her when she grabbed my arm."

Hawk turned to her sister. "You never told me that."

"Yes, I did," Crystal replied playfully, not looking at her. Hawk wasn't in the mood.

"Uh, no, you didn't."

"You just don't remember," Crystal said glancing at her sister. I told you before the accident.

Hawk glowered at her before turning back to the others. "I really don't know what happened."

Storm nodded, dismissing them. "Crystal," she said, stopping Crystal in her tracks. "I'm going to need to speak to you later."

Crystal sighed and turned to Hawk. "I'll catch up with you later."

Hawk scowled. "I hate it when you do this," she grumbled, stalking off. Crystal didn't like it either, but she turned back to the adults regardless.

"How about we do it now?"

Storm shrugged, but also nodded, indicating that it was her choice.

"When Hawk says she's human," Crystal began. "She's telling the truth. Or what she thinks is the truth. Hawk's not human, she's a mutant." The adults looked at each other, in surprise. Storm was the only one who didn't look as surprised as the others. Crystal continued. "When I was six, my powers started manifesting. My parents lied to Hawk saying that she was only human. They pulled me aside a few years later and told me the truth. Hawk was emotionally unstable at the time and they were afraid it would cause her emotional damage if she knew."

"Wouldn't Hawk have figured it out telepathically?" Professor X asked. "Considering you two are identical twins and all."

"That's just it. I'm not her identical twin. Well, technically, I am because we still have the same birthday and all, but I'm not her twin. I'm her clone."





You must login () to review.