The hawk followed Sabretooth's movements and saw that he was heading towards Toad's location. Maybe not, it thought.

XXXXX

Hawk saw Sabretooth as he walked toward Toad. He was carrying a beautiful woman with white hair; she knew instantly by the descriptions she's heard that it was Storm. She jumped onto Midnight Storm and charged off towards Sabretooth. Sabretooth looked up and saw Hawk riding head on toward him, then he let out a feral snarl. Hawk leaned to the right and held out her arm horizontally to catch him in the throat. She caught him alright, but it didn't do any good and she was forced to curve her wrist as she was yanked off of Storm and snap her elbow. She landed into a runner's position, and gave out a round-house kick; just barely missing Storm, who was still in Sabretooth's arms, and not hitting anything on Sabretooth himself.

Sabretooth put Storm down and lunged at Hawk; she dodged him. "C'mon, Sabretooth," Hawk taunted. "Is that all you got?"

"I wouldn't Victor," Toad called. Sabretooth ignored him and lunged at Hawk again. Hawk spun out of the way, but Sabretooth nicked her in the arm in the process.

"Fancy-monger," Hawk muttered loud enough for him to hear. However, Sabretooth lunged at her immediately after landing, catching her off guard. He knocked her flat on her back, the force of his impact knocking the wind out of her.

"This will teach you not to stick your nose where it doesn't belong," he growled maliciously. he raised his hand and prepared to strike; Hawk prepared to counter. A sudden wind picked up, with snow flakes blowing hard and fast at Sabretooth. They both turned to see Storm, lightning coming out of her eyes, up and standing not too far from them in rage.

"Let her go," Storm ordered.

Sis? Hawk sent.

Yeah, Crystal replied. Don't ruin the moment though, okay?

"Don't believe your eyes, Victor!" Toad called again. "They're two of them."

"Shut up," Crystal said as Storm, sending a low voltage bolt at him, it struck close by but didn't hit him. Isis snapped at him for a moment, then pounced onto Sabretooth. As he twisted around to get the wolf off of him, Hawk rolled out from under him. Crystal changed back into her normal self and did the 'Happy Feet Dance,' swapping places with Hawk. Sabretooth went after Crystal, thinking it was Hawk. Giving Hawk the element of surprise with her side-kick. Sabretooth twisted to swipe at her leg, but by the time he did, her leg was already down. As his hand swiped over the area where her leg should've been, Hawk kicked him where it hurt. He fell to the ground in excruciating pain. Crystal called the animals over and used her telekinesis to release Toad from the tree. "Now get outta here and leave the X-men alone," Crystal ordered. Toad scrambled out of there as Midnight Storm chased after him. Sabretooth got up and gave the girls one last final growl before leaving.

Hawk was checking out Storm by the time Crystal reached her sister. "Took ya' long enough," Hawk muttered.

"Sorry," Crystal shot back. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm trying to make sure she's okay. Oh shoot."

"What?"

"She's got a broken rib," Hawk said as she felt Storm's arms and legs. "Man, what did Sabretooth do to her? Her shoulder's dislocated, and she's got at least a sprain on her leg." She moved to Storm's shoulder.

"Whoa," Crystal said with alarm. "What are you doin' now?"

"What do you think I'm doin'?" Hawk demanded. "I'm setting her shoulder."

"Do you even know how?"

"Somewhat."

"And how would you know?"

"If you had read more instead of havin' me take your tests for you- and makin' me rich- you would know also. I also watched the crime dramas. In one Miami episode, Natalia's shoulder gave out and Delko popped it back in since she refused to see a doctor."

Storm stirred slightly. Hawk tensed and Crystal stared at Storm for a moment. Then they both looked at each other. Oh shoot, Hawk said.

Quickly, Crystal urged.

Make sure to support her.

Alright, fine. On three. One... Two... Three!

As Hawk popped Storm's shoulder in, there was a loud click. Storm cried out in pain and the twins scrambled away from her. When they didn't hear anymore noise, the two looked out over the log they were hiding behind, and saw Storm out.

Hawk went over and used one of the blanket's she stole from a homeless shelter in Maryland as a make-shift sling to use for Storm's right arm. Then she cleaned the gash on Storm's forehead. After that, she wrapped Storm's leg in a leg wrap, making sure it was nice and tight. "We gotta go," Crystal said suddenly.

"Why?"

"You wanna get blamed for this?"

Hawk shook her head and called Storm over. While Crystal's back was turned, she placed a note in between Storm's leg and the wrap, hen rode off.

XXXXX

Logan was sheathing and unsheathing his claws in agitation. He still blamed himself for what happened Had he been more careful and not fallen for the same trick Sabretooth had used on him the first time, Storm might still be here.

There was a small beeping sound from his pocket. He realized it was his com and took it out to answer it. "Wolverine," he said. No one answered. He looked at the frequency and realized that it was his and Storm's frequency.

XXXXX

Storm awoke slowly. She felt the pain in her arm and heard the voices, but she was only semi-conscious and couldn't open her eyes. She didn't want to anyway. She also heard the voices. Two teenagers by the sound of it, had tried to help her; and before that, at least one of them had gotten into a fight. Why, they tried to help her, she didn't know. What she did know however, was that one of them found her com and dialed a frequency. However, she felt too tired to check it and drifted off into a deep unconsciousness.

XXXXX

Kitty was working on Cerebro when Logan came in. Bobby and Rogue followed. "I think we might be able to locate Storm," Logan said.

"How?" Kitty asked puzzled. She'd been working on cerebro for over an hour; trying to find a way to lower the intensity so that one of the other telepath's could use it to locate Storm. However, even if Kitty did find a way to lower the intensity so that Sage or Mirage could use it, it was still only a twenty-five percent chance at most that they would be able to locate Storm.

"The com frequency, it should give us her location."

"Right," Kitty said, as Bobby took the com and hooked it up to Kitty's laptop. While they did that, a young female's voice could be heard on the com.

"We've gotta go," she said. Kitty figured that the voice didn't belong to anyone younger or older than a teenager.

"Why?" Another voice, slightly different from the other one asked.

"Do you want to get blamed for this... then let's go."

There was a sound of hooves, some shuffling and another sound of hooves. Then it was over.

"Got it!" Kitty said. Then she looked at the coordinates curiously. "Huh, that's odd. It says here that she never left the grounds."

"What?" Logan asked looking at the coordinates.

XXXXX

Storm awoke to strong hands picking her up. She slowly opened her eyes to see Logan carrying her with a blanket wrapped around her. He probably would've noticed had the wind not been blowing his direction. The snow was blowing heading his direction, making it hard to see. Logan hugged Storm to his chest, trying to keep her warm as he walked to the vehicle that was waiting a few yards away. It wasn't until they reached the car that Storm said something. "Logan," she said tiredly.

"Storm," Logan said relieved. Storm smiled then tried to sit up. She winced as pain shot up her arm and pierced her side. It was then that she noticed the sling over her arm. "Don't try to sit up,"Logan said, helping her lie back down. "Hank's going to check you out." Storm nodded and settled back down.

After Hank finished looking over Storm, Logan helped her sit up; making sure to avoid her bad shoulder. "So how did you escape Sabretooth?" he asked.

Storm shrugged her good shoulder. "I don't know. The last thing I remember is listening to two girls mock-bicker, and then my arm feeling like it was pulled out of it's sockets. After that, nothing."

Logan nodded, then placed his hand on top of hers. They stayed like that for the rest of the way home.





You must login () to review.