"Alright," Crystal said, "tomorrow, I'll meet with the team and you'll stay here." By now, the girls were camped a little closer to the mansion. They had guided Midnight Storm through the forest and circled back to the mansion. They camped out a few dozen yards away from the mansion. They were now finishing the campsite.

"And why can't I go with you?" Hawk demanded.

"Because you're not a mutant."

"And you don't think that Storm will accept a human there? No way Crystal. We go together. That's the exact reason why started this trip."

"Hawk-"

"No, Crystal. I won't stand for it."

"Hawk, wait."

Hawk just ignored her and stalked off into the forest. Crystal stayed where she was. Letting her sister cool off alone, she knew, was better for everyone.

XXXXX

Storm was on her bed, wondering about her rescuers. Two things struck her. What in storm of storms were those two doing out there in this weather? And why were they hiding, instead of being with their families?

As she shifted her leg into a more comfortable position, something in her wrap poked her again. It was driving her crazy! She slipped her fingers under the wrap, to find a piece of paper under it. What? she thought. She grabbed it with her fore fingers and brought it out. She opened it up and saw that it was a note.

Dear Storm,

Sorry about not speaking to each other one on one, but my sister and I feel safer about being secretive.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we're hoping- well my sister is actually- to join your school.

I'm a human, but we've always stuck together.

We'll be contacting you as soon as possible, and then we'll be able to speak in person.

Crystal Hawk

There was a knock at the door when she was done reading it. She looked up to see Logan at the door and smiled. "Hey."

"Hey," he returned as he walked in. He went over to Storm's bed and sat on the edge of it. Storm tried to sit up and pull her legs back a little, but that only made wince at the pain in her side as she moved. "You shouldn't try to move, ya know."

"I was just trying to give you a little more room," Storm countered. Then sighed. "It's even painful to try to sit up."

"Here,"Logan offered coming over to help her. He climbed onto the bed, placed his arm around her good shoulder, and helped her up against the pillows.

"Thanks," she said.

"What's that?" He asked, pointing to the note in her hand.

Storm shrugged. "Found it in my leg wrap. I think it might be a clue to finding out who our mysterious sisters are. It's signed 'Crystal Hawk'. There's just one problem with this name."

"What?"

"If this is her real name- and I highly doubt that it is- then she's human. But I was right about one thing; her sister is a mutant."

"Now all we have to do is find them."

"Probably not going to be possible; it says here that they like to be secretive. However, it also says that they'll contact us as soon as possible."

"Who knows when that'll be," Logan grumbled.

Storm shrugged. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

XXXXX

"Crystal's wrong," Hawk grumbled. She was riding Storm, relaxing at the the beat and rhythm that the horse's hooves created against the ground. "Just because she's five minutes older, than me, doesn't mean she can control my life."

Storm snorted, slowed to a halt and bobbed her head. Hawk smiled. "Alright, I get it," she said, stroking the mare's neck. "Stop complaining; enjoy the ride and quit being angry at my twin. "

Storm neighed as if saying exasperatedly, 'Yes! Finally, you get the point.' Hawk laughed and urged Storm onward.

XXXXX

Logan, kissed Storm's cheek as she slept. He'd been with her for the past couple of hours, just talking. Then she'd turned on her side- with Logan's help- and drifted off to sleep. "Sweet dreams, 'Ro."

He quietly went out of her room and went downstairs into the kitchen where Kitty, Rogue, Peter and Bobby were. "What are you four still doin' up?"

"We wanted to make sure Storm was okay," Kitty said. "We knew you'd come down sooner or later."

"Speakin' of which," Rogue said turning to the boys. "Someone owes us ten bucks."

The girls held out their hands as the boys got out their wallets. "It's not like it isn't obvious," Bobby said. "Everyone can see the way you two look out at each other."

"Alright, all of you," Logan said threateningly. "Go to your rooms before I make you."

"I need to go help Hank," Peter said as he rushed to one of the elevators. Everyone else scrambled for the staircase. As they went, Logan thought about Bobby's comment. He and Storm had been getting closer since their last stand against Magneto's army. In fact Logan had been wondering about how to ask Storm to dinner; but, he didn't know how she would react, and he wanted to keep their friendship. Logan sighed and went back upstairs.

XXXXX

Storm woke up to the sound of something bumping against her balcony door. "Logan?" she asked, getting up slowly. "Logan if this is some kind of joke, it isn't funny."

She grabbed her robe from one of her bed post, and got out of her bed; wincing as the pain returned. Suddenly, an animal leaped out of nowhere, knocking her flat on her bed again. There was a loud thud as he landed. Storm stared up at him fearfully. Had it not been for her injuries, she would've fought back.

XXXXX

Logan was about to go into the living room and turn on the television, when there was a loud thud upstairs. He raced up the staircase and down the hall to Storm's room. When he got there, he found Sabretooth standing over a terrified Storm. "Get away from her," he growled., unsheathing his claws.

"Logan!" Rogue called; Shadowcat, Iceman, and Angel were close on her heels. They stopped at the entrance of Storm's door, and went behind Wolverine when they saw Sabretooth. "What are we going to do?"

They turned toward the stairway as two sets of footsteps ran up the staircase. Peter and Hank were running up them. "Thought we heard a noise," Peter said, looking over Wolverine's shoulder. "Figured you could use a hand."

Peter turned all steel, becoming Colossus. "What's the plan?" Beast asked.

"Colossus, Beast," Wolverine said. "You two and I will handle Sabretooth. He's real good at his job. Iceman, you can handle Toad. Angel, Shadowcat, try to get to Storm. But watch her arm and side; it's still painful for her to move.

All the X-men nodded and got in position to attack. Sabretooth turned towards them and nodded at Toad at the other end of the room; who smiled in anticipation. Iceman jumped him, but Toad dodged the icicles shot at him. As Iceman lunged toward him, and Toad used his fifteen foot long tongue to bring iceman down, and kicked him in the head to knock him out. Angel and Kitty were already in a corner, waiting for their opening. They instantly took charge as Iceman went down. As they went to go grab Storm, Toad tried to grab Shadowcat, but she just phased right through him. Angel took this opportunity to go airborne and went to get Storm, but there was someone else was in the shadows.

A huge flame ball caught onto one of his wings and he went crashing down onto the wood floor. Wolverine, Beast and Colossus went in. Beast to Toad, Colossus and Wolverine to Sabretooth. Shadowcat went to help Angel, since Pyro was hiding somewhere he couldn't be seen. Colossus started to swing at Sabretooth and Sabretooth retaliated. The two kept at it for a bit, and Logan took advantage and went behind the two.

Storm was in the same position she was in when they arrived. "Storm," he said slipping an arm under her left one and helped her up.

"Logan," Storm replied painfully. "I don't know how they got in." She paused and turned to look behind him. "Look out!"

A huge fireball came at Logan. Storm's warning came too late and it scorched his back and shoulder; it also scorched parts of Storm's arm and parts of his wrist. Storm was unable to use her weather abilities to cool off the burns. Sabretooth feigned an attack on Colossus' left behind them, and Colossus dove as Sabretooth dodged and crashed into the side table. Then Sabretooth turned and grabbed Storm's bad arm, who was on the floor. Causing her to cry out in pain.

Wolverine recovered from the blow he took from Pyro, and turned to find Sabretooth gripping Storm's slinged arm. Storm was in so much pain, she didn't even try to protest as Sabretooth dragged her toward the balcony. Before exiting the room, Sabretooth turned called Toad and Pyro back. "We got what we came for," he said, jerking Storm behind him. Storm's face was the exact definition of agony. Sabretooth jumped off the balcony, forcing Storm to follow. Toad and Pyro followed down next- Pyro slid down the rope he had on the railing before burning it- leaving the broken team behind.





You must login () to review.