The hawk swooped down and landed in a tree. Rogue landed the x-jet close to it. Rogue saw the hawk catch her eye and point her beak toward a small window at ground level. She realized that Storm was in the basement in the mansion. The hawk took off all of a sudden, disappearing into the cloudy sky.

XXXXX

Crystal landed, transforming back into her human self, and walked over to where Hawk was preparing a small fire. "Thought you would be a gone longer," Hawk said bitterly. An icy wind started to blow and the light snow started to fall fully.

"You called me," Crystal replied. She felt the cold wind blow on her and shivered. The cold winds felt unnatural to her. She regarded her sister closely. Crystal knew there was more to her sister than even her sister knew. The downside to knowing this though, she couldn't tell her. Her parents had told her a secret that she had sworn never to tell Hawk, unless it was absolutely necessary.

Hawk looked up at her. "What?"

"Nothing," Crystal replied, turning back towards the direction of the fight. "I'm going back to help."

"Fine by me," Hawk said, the iciness still not leaving her. "I'll just be getting the camp set up."

Crystal sighed as she watched her sister move around grudgingly. Then she shifted back into a hawk and flew off.

XXXXX

"Logan!" Rogue called. Logan turned to face her. "Storm's in the basement."

"She's right," Charles said, coming down the ramp. "The hawk said that she was being kept in the west wing of the mansion in the basement."

A white wolf came out of nowhere, it's spine a mohawk and it's teeth bared into a snarl. It was brawling with a reddish looking wolf, and it seemed like the white one was winning. A black horse was bucking and twisting in mid-air as it squealed. Toad was having a hard time holding on, and Pyro was trying to get at a hawk- no two hawks with his fireballs. One of the hawks landed, shifted into a human, and shot water out of her palm. "That's for trying to get at my sister," the girl said. "This is for getting at her hawk." She shot another dose at him. "And this, this is because I don't like you." She shot him with a ball of electricity which electrocuted him with enough voltage to leave a mark.

A scream from Toad told everyone that he'd fallen off the horse, but the growling and snarling from the wolves told everyone that they were still at it. "Whew," the girl said as she turned to face the X-men. "Yeah, I've got multiple abilities, don't look so surprised." She turned to the horse who was trying to trample Toad. "Storm!" she called. "That's enough."

The black horse turned to them, and reluctantly trotted over. "Good, girl," she murmured. She looked at Shadowcat. "You're Kitty Pryde, right?"

Shadowcat nodded, stunned that this mysterious mutants knowledge. "Take Wolverine, Colossus, and Beast and phase into the manor. Be careful though, Sabretooth's in there, and he ain't happy."

Shadowcat nodded and went to find Beast. "How do we know we can trust you?" Wolverine demanded.

"Crystal," Crystal replied. "My real name's Lily, but I'm mainly known as Crystal. Yes, I'm telepathic, and if I were part of the brotherhood, why would I have led you here?"

Logan couldn't argue with that logic. When Shadowcat came back for Wolverine, all four of them went into the manor.

XXXXX

Storm was in excruciating pain. After scratching up her face, Sabretooth decided to punish her more by slashing her abdomen, back, legs, and arms. When she tried to block his blows, it just got worse. His blows reached the extreme when he heard the X-jet. Now, with her face and body all bloody, all she could do was lie down and try not to think about the pain she was in. "Storm?" she heard Shadowcat call.

Storm looked up, painfully, to see Shadowcat, Wolverine, Colossus, and Beast phasing through the wall. Wolverine rushed over to her immediately. She hissed through her teeth at the sting when Logan out his hand in her face. Wolverine recoiled his hand, and turned to face Sabretooth.

XXXXX

Wolverine was furious with Sabretooth. Storm's battered and bloody body was right in front of him, as if it was taunting him for not being able to save Storm from this agony. He unsheathed his claws and prepared to fight.

Wolverine, a female voice said in his head. It sounded familiar. Yeah, it's Crystal. Listen to me, this wasn't your fault. I can heal Storm and make sure she doesn't have a single scar. Just be extremely gentle with her. I'll meet you at the ramp on the jet. I have something I have to take care of first.

Wolverine sheathed his claws and- as gently as he could- picked up Storm. He could tell it was painful for her, by the way she clenched her jaw, but he couldn't do anything about that. Shadowcat phased them back through.

XXXXX

Crystal flew back to the campsite to get Hawk. She'd sent Storm back here earlier to keep Hawk company and was surprised to see that there were no hoof prints nearby. When sh reached the campsite, it was empty. By now the snow was falling heavily, and the winds had picked, creating a blizzard. Crystal landed and took a closer look around. "Hawk!" she called. "Hawk!"

She tried to call her sister telepathically, but only got a block. Then she noticed a scarlet color in the snow and went over to get a better look. A quick whiff of it told her it was blood, and, judging by the size of it, it looked like an animal might've gotten to her. Crystal feared the worse and started to cry a little. Then she suddenly remembered Storm, and took off.

XXXXX

Logan placed Storm in the sickbay and then went outside to wait for Crystal. Crystal finally came twenty minutes later, her face looked tear streaked. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she replied averting her eyes from his. "Where is she?"

XXXXX

Logan led Crystal to the sickbay. Storm's pain hit her in waves. A song came into her head that she projected into Storm's. O come, o come, Emmanuel. And ransom captive Israel. Storms body visibly started to relax, and she continued. That mourns in lonely exile here. Until the son of God appears. Crystal then felt Storm's mind go to dreamland, then she placed her hands over Storm's wounds and began to work her magic.





You must login () to review.