Hawk was singing in stage, 'Those Nights' by Skillet. It'd been a couple of weeks since she and Logan had brought Storm home, and they all needed a karaoke night. Logan didn't usually come downstairs for karaoke night; he didn't really like the music much. But he'd rarely saw Storm since they got back, and he wanted to see how she was doing. "Hawk," Logan said as Hawk came out from backstage and walked toward the table for some refreshments.

"Hey, Logan," she said. If she was surprised to see him, she didn't show it. "Didn't think I'd see you tonight."

"I actually came down here to see Storm. Have you seen her?"

"Surprisingly, no. She's always down here though." She shrugged. "Can't say I blame her after what happened. Although, she did miss one of her favorites."

X

Storm listened to the music from her balcony. She didn't really want to go downstairs. During her classes, she heard the whispers and speculations. There were only two students who didn't do that: Rogue and Hawk. Storm knew that Hawk had her suspicions, and she probably confided in Rogue about them. Although Rogue was older then Hawk by about five years, those two understood each other perfectly.

Storm sighed and wished that Jean was still around. Jean had been like a sister to her, but she was gone. She wished she had someone else to confide in about this. Usually Hawk would be one, since she considered Storm a sister, slash, mother figure. But Hawk would probably freak out when Storm told her. Charles? No, this was way too personal, even for him. Hank? No, he'd probably get sympathetic and offer comfort. That would just make her feel worse. Logan...

X

"You should go to her," Hawk said, taking a bite of some cheese she got from the refreshment table.

"What?" Logan asked.

"Go to her," Hawk repeated. "Don't think I haven't noticed the way you google-eye her. Everyone has."

"Logan shot her a dirty look, which only made her grin. "Come on, Logan! She's not down here. And we've barely spoken, except in class. Every time a get a chance, she avoids me." She got a wicked look on her face. Not a good sign. "Otherwise, I'll tell her myself in class."

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

Logan sighed. "Alright."

Hawk smiled, then looked up on stage then back at the list of people who signed up. "Ooo, Rogue's coming on soon."

X

Logan? No. Just... no. Storm was running out of options. She was thinking about considering Rogue when someone came up behind her.

"Storm?"

Storm gasped as she spun around. Out of pure, instinctive reflex, she brought a lightning bolt down upon her caper.

X

Downstairs, Rogue came on and everyone cheered. She was about to sing 'Some Hearts' by Carrie Underwood, when there was a huge crash of thunder that practically shook the mansion. Everyone looked around questioningly. Hawk, who was on the couch, turned to the hallway behind her, looking at the staircase.

X

Storm took a breath to calm her nerves. "Don't," she said slowly, "ever do that. Didn't anyone tell you that it's unwise to scare someone who controls lightning?"

Logan, who was standing in the doorway, unscathed, looked at her with soft eyes. When Storm had realized it was Logan, she had to deflect the lightning so that it struck next to him. A few centimeters from him, actually. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya, 'Ro."

Storm looked away. "It's fine. After a moment, Logan stepped out onto the balcony. "What do you want?"

Logan shrugged and stepped closer; Storm was starting to feel uncomfortable. "I just want you to talk to me 'Ro. What did they do to you?"

Storm covered her eyes for a moment with her hand, then her mouth. Finally, she looked at him, with cold hard eyes. "It's not what they did," she said icily. "What they did I can handle. It's what... it's what he did. Sabretooth."

X

Logan just looked at her. Part of him wanted her to continue; the other part dreaded what was coming. He'd seen the signs, the looks from the kids. Even Rogue had told him what Hawk suspected. "What did he do?" he finally asked, coming towards her. He placed a hand on her soldier, but she flinched.

"Don't touch me."

"'Ro, what did he do?"

"It doesn't matter what he did!" she snapped. There was another roll of thunder, not quite as loud as the last one, but loud nonetheless. Storm took a second to get control over her emotions. "It doesn't matter what he did," she repeated. "What's done is done."

Logan looked at her sympathetically. "It does matter, Storm. It really does. Hawk's gettin' real worried about you."

Storm sighed despairingly. "Is she the one who put you up to this?"

"She more or less forced my hand," Logan replied. "That little black mailer."

Storm smiled, the first smile anyone has seen in weeks. "She was always good at that."

You're not gettin' off that easily, Logan thought. Although it was nice to see her smile again, he still wanted to hear about what was killing her inside. "Storm, seriously, what happened back there?"

Storm fell back into her defensive position. "Logan, I don't want to talk about it. It's in the past."

"But the past is eatin' at you, 'Ro," Logan cut in. "Everyone knows there's somethin' botherin' you, and we can see it. Speculations are bouncing all over the place. Rogue's even told me what Hawk's confided in her about the incident. We both think she's nailed it."

X

Storm looked down. She knew that Hawk watched a lot of crime dramas, and that her mother had been a guidance counselor at a college. She would sometimes describe the symptoms of a certain criminal to her daughter. She knew Hawk was more than likely to guess what had happened. "What did she say?"

Logan suddenly felt uncomfortable about this. "You didn't hear this from me, but she thinks you were raped."

Storm turned to look out beyond the trees. "She's right."

X

"Why didn't you say anything, 'Ro?" He asked. He made sure to stay calm about it for her sake; but he was seriously going to kill Sabretooth the next time he saw him.

"Because it's no one's business what I went through. Hawk might've been able to relate to this because of the way she was treated at the orphanage. But when Sabretooth entered the scene, it kicked that possibility out of the window. "

"She understands more than you think, 'Ro."

"Which is why she doesn't need another burden." Storm sighed. Logan placed his arm around her, and this time, she didn't pull away. She gave in to it. "I don't want to be seen as weak," she whispered I couldn't fight him off."

"Storm, you're one of the strongest people I know. No one would consider you weak. Hawk might consider you stronger since you managed to get through all of that. "

"That's saying something for someone who jumps at shadows," she muttered. She buried her face into his chest, and started to cry. Logan stroked her hair soothingly.

X

Hawk walked back upstairs. Everyone had been sent to bed after the second crash of thunder. She, along with a few other students, had sneaked back downstairs to raid the kitchen for some ice cream. She headed toward Storm's room, to see how everything was going. As she crept up to the door, she heard someone crying. Hawk peered into the doorway, only to immediately retreat and smile. Logan was hugging Storm, and not in a guy hug way.

Happy to see their feelings somewhat revealed to each other, she walked back to her room, and played S.O.S by A*Teens.

X

After what seemed like several minutes, Storm broke out of his embrace. Even though she had felt a sense of security in it, it was starting to feel a little awkward. "I think it's time we go inside," she said. Logan nodded and walked in with her. As she slipped into bed, she realized that she that same sense of security again. To know what it felt like to be safe again. She was sick of being woken up by her nightmares, and jumping at sounds and shadows.

"Logan," she called, when he was almost to the door. He stopped and turned to face her. "Could..." This was going to be a little difficult for her. "Could you stay with me, tonight? I... I don't want to be alone."

Logan nodded and came up around the other side. "Sure, darlin'. I'll stay with you as long as you want." And Storm knew he meant it, as he wrapped his arms around her.

X

Whoa, (Whoa)

So reckless for all these years

Whoa, (Whoa)

I crashed into a wall

There was a yelp and a thud. Hawk bolted up and paused 'Wake up call' by Relient K. "Isis!" she cried, rushing forward when she saw her wolf.

Isis whimpered as she came closer. Don't! Here's here! Just get outta here!

Hawk was about to ask what she was talking about, when she heard someone scurrying across the room behind her. She got up and cautiously walked around the room. All that caution was worthless though, since her danger sense was already flaring. There was no way she was going to be able to determine which direction this intruder was coming from until it was too late. "Where are you, you monster?" she growled. "Show yourself. Or are you too scared to fight a girl?"

Her question was quickly answered. Someone grabbed her from behind and knocked her onto her bed. Her assailant then jumped on top of her.

With his face just inches from hers, and his foul breath hitting her, she knew who it was. "Should've known it was you," Hawk said icily.

"Scream," was all he said.

"Why?" Hawk demanded. From the simultaneous flicker of emotion on his face, Hawk knew that he was surprised to find no fear in her. "So I can wake up Storm and you can have some more fun? Sorry, don't think so."

"Then I'll make you."

"Try all you want to." Hawk built up her energy, then telekinetically pushed him off of her.

X

Logan woke up completely at the sound of the second thud. He'd the first one and the yelp and thought it was something minor. He no longer thought that.

Storm woke up as he let go. "What is it?"

"Did you hear that thud?"

Storm nodded.

"What about the other one?"

"What other one?"

"There was a smaller one. And a yelp."

Storm grabbed her robe. As they walked down the corridor, Logan listened closely to each room. He hoped it wasn't the room three doors down. "Which room do you think it was?" Storm asked. The tenseness in her voice told him that she already knew, but was hoping to be wrong.

"Hawk's."

"But... Isis is also in there."

As Logan approached Hawk's room, he caught the scent of someone they both never wished to see. "But Isis can't fight off someone who can overpower her."

He was in front of the room now, and he could hear struggling inside. Exactly what he feared. "What do you mean?" Storm asked.

Logan opened the door, and she got her answer. Hawk was standing in front of the door, being held in an upright-headlock by Sabretooth. Her hands were reflexively on the arm around her neck, as if trying to pry them away from her.

Storm stood behind Logan and gasped. Sabretooth looked up and smiled. "Ready for another game?" Logan glared at him.

"You really like pickin' on defenseless girls, don't'ya bub?"

"And wolves," Hawk added bitterly.

Sabretooth tightened his grip on Hawk. "Ow!"

"Tell you what, Wolverine," Sabretooth said. "I'll trade you the girl, for her." He indicated Storm, who was having a hard time trying to stay calm. "Otherwise, I'll kill her."

"Good luck tryin'," Hawk said. Sabretooth unsheathed the claws on his left hand, and he brought them to bear on her neck. "Ya know, you have alot of guts, beatin' up Isis like that. No one does that without payin' for it."

He laughed and leaned forward to whisper something in her ear. That was when she made her move. She kicked backwards, hitting him in his "no pain zone". Sabretooth roared in response. She twisted out of his grasp and smirked. "Told'ya you'd pay."

Sabretooth growled and glared at her. Then he noticed Storm, who was still trying to stay calm. You could hear her slow shaky breath. A malicious look came over his face and he smiled at Logan. "Did she tell you how much fun we had?"

"Oh, shut up," Hawk said, doing a roundhouse kick and catching him in the nose. "Unless you want me to go harder next time." Sabretooth growled and got up, his eye was still on Storm. He lunged for her. Hawk tried to block, but he knocked her over easily. Logan on the other hand, well, his claws were unsheathed, and he charged at him with full force. He managed to get one stab at him, but Sabretooth dodged the next one. A well aimed lightning bolt struck Sabretooth, and he went down for a moment. Everyone turned to Hawk. "What?"

Footsteps started coming down the hallway. Sabretooth growled and scampered out of Hawk's window. "What's going on?" Rogue asked.

"Aw, man," Hawk said, snapping her fingers. "You weren't in your room were you?"

"Why d'ya ask?"

"Because I made sure everyone, besides those two, was asleep after knocking Sabretooth off of me."

"Well, then, no, I wasn't."

"At least you scared him off."

X

After saying goodnight to Rogue, Logan turned to Storm, who was still trembling a little. Storm willingly gave in to his comforting embrace that he was offering. Then, Logan looked into her eyes with a kind of passion that Storm had never seen in them before. "Kiss her already!" Hawk exclaimed from her doorway.

Logan did just that. "Ew!" Hawk shrieked. "Not in front of me! Keep it PG in here people!"

"You said to do it now," Logan pointed out.

Hawk scowled. "Ugh! Get a room." She went to her bedside table and skipped to 'In my heart' by Jump5, while the two love birds went to bed for the night.





You must login () to review.