Hawk, Rogue, Logan and the rest of the team were in the oval office early the next morning. "I'm sorry," President Caspian said. "But there has been no record of any deportation for Ms. Munroe."

"Are you saying that you don't know what's going on with your own people?" Hawk demanded. She got a warning look from Hank McCoy- Beast. "Sorry," she muttered.

"Thank you, ," Hank said. "You've been very helpful."

With that, everyone got up and left. "'Very helpful'?" Hawk repeated once they were on the jet. "He wasn't helpful at all!"

"You don't want the president to get angry with us, do you?" Hank asked.

Hawk sighed. "Touche'," she growled.

"Besides, I think deputy director's Daala and Tarkin have a better idea about this situation than I do."

Hawk giggled. "Daala and Tarkin? Sounds like people from Star Wars."

X

While Hank spoke with the director's, Hawk decided to go through Daala's files. Her office was closer than Tarkin's. As she went through the files on the desk, one in particular caught her eye. When she opened it, there was a sticky note on top of the person's face. To save herself time and reading, Hawk took out her cherry red Pantech reveal and took shots of the entire file. When she was finished, she looked at the sticky.

Paid and full

Send to Africa to help with suspect terrorist

Hawk sensed someone coming and quickly put the file back on the desk. Then ducked down behind it.

"Found it!" she exclaimed, startling the deputy director.

"What're you doing there?"

"Oh, lost my ring," Hawk said coming out from the behind the desk. I better go fond my boyfriend."

"Yes," Daala replied. "You should."

"See ya then," Hawk said, pausing at the door for a moment. "Nice handwriting by the way."

As Hawk walked out, she looked at her phone. Her suspicions were correct. She found Logan and raced over to him

X

"Should we try my idea now?" Sabretooth asked impatiently. That witch had endured some of the worst pains and she still hadn't spoken. "No slaughtering," the native warned.

X

"My suspicion's been confirmed," Hawk said back at the mansion as they got off the jet.

"What do you mean?" Logan asked.

"I've been wondering about this for awhile," she explained. "If the government can kidnap Storm and leave no record of it, then why not bust out Sabretooth as well? Turns out they did."

"What?" Beast exclaimed. "That's impossible!"

"Look at my phone then," Hawk replied, tossing the phone to him.

He sighed. "Alright, but who's this suspect terrorist? And what does it have to do with Storm?"

"Could be a number..." she stopped, realizing something. "Oh, no. The secrecy; the records... it's all related to... Oh, son of-" she finished it with a grunt and pounded her fist into the wall.

No one understood why. "What's wrong?" Logan asked.

"There was a movie I saw not too long ago-"

"Oh, not another movie reference."

"Logan, this is completely different. What happened in that movie is the exact situation that we're having right now. Whatever she's going through right now, she's literally going through Hell."

X

Storm was dumped into a small room. As she got up, she could have sworn she saw someone in here as she came in. "Hello, Beautiful," someone whispered in her ear.

Her blood froze. She didn't need to see the face to know who it was. He'd been haunting her dreams for some time now. "Victor..." she whispered. He turned her around and pushed her back against the wall. Suddenly, it became clear why she was here. "You did this."

"Yes," Sabretooth replied. Storm started to squirm. He reached out and grabbed her neck. "And now you are mine."

X

"Man, Hawk," Logan said. "Didn't think I'd ever hear you curse."

"Logan," Hawk said impatiently. "You know I'd never say anything like that unless I meant it. They call it a Rendition. Basically, it's when the government can take anyone who's even been suspected as a terrorist, off to Lord knows where, and be tortured. In the movie, it was in South Africa, so I'm betting it's somewhere along those lines that's where Storm is."

"But why even do that?" Logan asked, dangerously calm. "Why not just do it here in the states?"

"Because the United States doesn't 'torture' people," she held up her hands as quotation marks for emphasis. "They just deport them to another country so that they can do it and save out butts."

"But why is Sabretooth out then?"

Hawk was about to answer when her head suddenly exploded. She sank to her knees, and Logan, Rogue and Beast rushed over. Hawk quickly tried to put up her telepathic blocks. "Storm," she whispered.

X

Storm laid on her side, battered and bloodied. It was clear now why she was here. Sabretooth had convinced the government that she had connections to al-Qaeda and how she was part of the Brotherhood attack on Alcatraz. All of which were lies, of course. He had just wanted revenge. Revenge for what, she didn't know. All she knew was that she had to find a way out of here before he killed her.





You must login () to review.