Logan and Hawk waited outside a cafe'. They had met a woman named Layla, who somehow knew they were looking for Storm, and had decided to help them. She had a contact here who knew everything that happened here in Cairo, and would give them a more specific location as to where Storm was. Layla came out just then. "Anything?" Hawk asked.

"The woman you seek is being held on the outskirts of town," Layla said in fluent English, although it was heavily accented. "The problem is that the building she is kept in is heavily guarded. I can take you as far as the building next to it."

X

As the reached their destination, they peered around the corner. The building next store look like some kind of warehouse, but Hawk couldn't be certain. There were about three guards heavily armed. Logan unsheathed his claws. "Logan, no," Hawk said firmly. "We need to do this without slaughtering others. We don't exactly have diplomatic immunity."

"Then what do you suggest?" he growled, sheathing his claws. Hawk closed her eyes, and all of the guards dropped. She opened her eyes, and smirked at Logan. Then she turned to Layla and took something out of her pocket. Then gave it to Layla.

"She's being held at the back end of the building at the lowest level," Hawk said. "Look for something small, but big enough to look like a hole in the wall that would fit a human being. When you find her, give her this and say that the Hawk's eye is on her. If she doesn't believe or asks for another code, tell her that the Hawk has claws."

Layla nodded and headed to the building. "The Hawk has claws?" Logan asked.

"I know I told you that my nickname comes from my Warrior name, Hawkclaw," Hawk said, with a sly smile. "It also means you're around."

X

Storm was backed up all the way in the 'hole.' He knees were up and her head was bowed. She looked up when she heard someone outside. When the doors opened, a beautiful Egyptian woman stood there. Storm scooched forward a little to see what the woman wanted. The woman handed her something, and Storm saw that it was her ancestral ruby. Only one person knew where to find it. She looked at the woman inquiringly. "Die Hawk se oog is op jou." The woman said in African.

"Wat is die ander een?" Storm asked.

"Die Hawk is kloue."

Storm knew with certainty that Hawk was here. Possibly Logan. So there was hope. "Dankie dat jy."

X

Layla came out of the warehouse, unscathed. Hawk was relieved. She didn't think that Layla was going to make it through. "How is she?"

"She looks terrible, but other than that, she seems fine."

Hawk nodded. Now all they had to do was stake out the building and watch the schedule of the guards and time the intervals.


Chapter End Notes:
"Die Hawk se oog is op jou." is "The Hawk's eye is upon you."

"Wat is die ander een?" is "What is the other one?"
As in what is the other code phrase.

"Die Hawk is kloue." is "The Hawk has claws"

"Dankie dat jy." is "Thank you."



You must login () to review.