The entire common room was cracking up with laughter as they watched Tim Hawkins: Insanitized. Hawk had recommended it so that everyone could relax and have some fun. Logan received a few looks with the alcohol joke; and, of course, everyone cheered and cracked up at the 'Government Can' song. When the whole movie was over everyone went to bed, Ali singing Chik-fil-a. All of the fights and worries were gone for one night, and a great night of laughter.

X

"So what's up with this Brotherhood thing?" Kestral asked. "Because I don't like it when people waste my time."

"The Brotherhood," Magneto said, "is a group of mutants that show mutants not to be afraid to show themselves and stand up for themselves."

"And if anyone stands in our way, we hurt them?"

Magneto nodded. Kestral thought about this for a moment. "I'm in."

X

Hawk and Kai rode through the forest the next day, stopping for a break at a nice stream bed. While the horses stopped and grazed for a little bit, the two teenagers talked. "So tell me more about your powers," Hawk said.

"Well," Kai said, "as you know I can manipulate shadows and turn them into anything I want. My weapons, like Kestral's, actually make people black out, or kill them if I wanted to. But I actually find it funny to watch as people think they're hallucinating."

Hawk giggled. "Yeah, that's would be funny to watch."

They were silent for a moment. "Any... girlfriends?"

Kai shook his head. "No. Kestral and I never really stayed in one place long enough to make any friends. Any boyfriends?"

Hawk smiled. "Fair enough. No. Unlike you, I stayed in an orphanage until me and Crystal ran away. While I was there, I had a hard time making friends. In fact, I've had trouble making friends since elementary school. So I've been pretty much a loner all my life."

The two teenagers were sitting on a stone next to each other. Kai reached out and pushed back some of her hair. "You don't seem like a loner to me."

Hawk looked into his captivating eyes. There was just something about them that she couldn't pull her eyes away from his. Without realizing what was happening Kai leaned forward and she did the same. Their lips had just barely brushed when there was a little growl behind her. She glanced behind her to see Isis standing there, ready to stick her nose between them. "Great," she said. "Brought a chaperon."

Kai laughed and together they got up on their horses, and headed back to the mansion. They had just finished rubbing down the horses when Hawk's cell phone rang. "It's Storm," she said, looking at the Caller I.D. "Hello?"

"Hawk," Storm said, sounding somewhat relieved. "Are you here?"

"Yeah," Hawk said, confused. "We just got back from the ride. Why? Is something wrong?"

"Just hurry up and meet us in the hangar bay."

"Okay," Hawk replied, really confused and puzzled about what was going on. "See you in a few."

"Bye."

Hawk pushed the 'End' button and slipped her phone back into her pocket. "We've gotta go."

"Why?"

"She didn't say. All she said was to hurry up and meet her and the rest of the team in the hangar bay."

"Let's go then." They both raced off into the lower levels of the mansion.

X

Storm was waiting beside the Blackbird when the kids came in. She looked at her watch. Two minutes flat. "Good timing," she said.

"Well," Hawk said, breathlessly."You said it was urgent."

Storm could hear a slight wheeze in her voice. Girl must've been pushing it for her to be breathing like that.

"Follow me," she said, beckoning to them as they got on the jet. "Magneto's group is starting to wreak havoc again. This time, they're aiming it at school's. The Professor thinks they'll be heading for children's homes and orphanage's next if we don't stop them quickly."

Kai and Hawk quickly took their seats. Hawk with Rogue, just behind Kitty and Dazzler. Kai with Bobby behind Angel. Storm had the plane airborne in three seconds.





You must login () to review.