Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my favorite chapter. It's all written by Shadowmaster and I love how she nailed Hawk's personality with Sabretooth.
The flight to East Palestine Elementary was short considering it was located in Ohio. "Okay, everybody watch your backs and be careful. Don't do anything stupid, or risky." Ororo said. She looked at Hawk. Hawk gave her a 'who me?' smile. Ororo smiled and laughed. "Let's go."

She lowered the Black Bird's ramp and walked off with Rowan close by her side, followed by Hawk, Kai, Angel, Dazzler, Kitty, Bobby, and Rogue.

The school looked perfectly normal. "Hawk." Ororo said.

"They've got all the students in the auditorium." Hawk said, "Sabretooth, Magneto, Kestral, and Mystique are here." Kai looked at Hawk. "Don't worry, you can handle her." She said as she led the way into the school.

They snuck into the school. They when they got close the auditorium, Hawk stopped. "Wha-" Kai began to say, but Hawk held her hand out indicating that he should be quiet. There was a slight whimpering sound coming from the room.

Then the doors to the auditorium were busted open by Hawk. "Let's go."

The group followed. "Ah, my dear X-Men. How unpleasant it is to see you again," Magneto said, "Ororo, didn't you learn last time? I have the power, you don't, and you don't stand a chance." Ororo walked toward Magneto, who was on the stage, and spoke. "Let them go Magneto," she said, "They're just children! What threat do they pose? None." Sabretooth jumped out from behind the curtain.

Ororo was ready for it. She ducked as he jumped at her, he landed about six feet behind her. Before he could strike again, Hawk attacked him. "Hey," Hawk said, "I've got a bone to pick with you." Sabretooth smiled as did Hawk. "Hawk, take care of him; Kai, you get your sister; Rogue and Kitty, get mystique; everybody else get these kids out of here," Ororo ordered, she looked at Rowan. "Are you ready?" Rowan nodded and transformed into her 'mega-wolf' form. They advanced toward Magneto.

Xxx

Hawk kicked Sabretooth in the jaw. He was thrown backwards. "That's for Isis." She said. When he got back up she attempted to punch him, but he grabbed her arm before she could.

He gave her an evil smile, "Well this is for interfering." He threw her through the wall.

She landed in a classroom. That's gonna bruise She thought as she cracked her back. Sabretooth walked through the whole he made. "Had enough?" He asked.

"Nope, you?" She said. She stood up and delivered a punch to his stomach.

"Wow, is that the best you've got?" He asked. She looked at him. Then gave him her own devilish smile, she threw him through the wall.

Xxx

"Kestral? Why are you doing this?" Kai said to his sister.

"Because Kai, I want those humans to pay for everything they did. Just like mom, the X-Men will abandon you like she did. Once they find out what you can do." She retorted

"Not they won't, they know what I can do. They've already called me and X-Men." Kai said.

His sister walked closer to him. "Kai, I've been looking after you for a while now. And if you want to be with them, go ahead, just stay out of our way." Kestral said.

"I can't do that, if I have to , I'll stop you." Kai said.

Kestral looked at him. "Sure you will Kai."

xxx

Ororo looked around. Hawk was keeping Sabretooth busy, Rouge and Kitty were fighting Mystique, Kai was talking to his sister, and the rest managed to get everybody out. Magneto had an aggravated look on his face, I hope he doesn't do anything that'll risk their lives. Ororo thought. "Magneto," Ororo yelled up to him. "What do you what with these children?" "Come closer my dear, I'm hard of hearing these days." He said. He gestured to where he was floating above everybody.

Ororo jumped on Rowan's back and they flew up to Magneto. "Nice puppy dog you have there Ororo." He said.
"Oh shut it." Rowan growled. "Rowan. Not here." Ororo said, she looked over to Magneto "what do you want Magneto?"

"Simple my dear, Kill the children or when they grow up, they'll kill ours." He said. He lifted a little boy, about five years old, into the air.

"Don't!" Ororo yelled, "Please don't! You can't!"

"Oh yes I can," Magneto said with a wicked smile. He swooped down and grabbed Rogue too. Then he flew out of the sunroof. "Come and get them Ororo."

Ororo jumped off Rowan's back and flew right after him. I'm not going to let him win. No matter what the costs. She thought. When she finally reached Magneto, she knew what he was planning. He dropped Rogue and the boy at the same time, only he threw them in different directions.

"Which one will you save?" He said.

Rogue first, she's an X-Men and she's falling faster than the boy. Ororo thought. She flew after Rogue and caught her. She lowered her down with the winds. She looked around for the boy, he was falling about one hundred feet from where she was.

Magneto's smile faded when Ororo went after the boy, "Oh no my dear, it's not that easy."

Ororo wasn't listening. "Hang on! I'm coming!" The little boy was crying. When Ororo was about fifteen feet away, a jet was heading directly toward them and the school.

"Great." She said. She reached the boy, and then she lowered him down to Rowan. "Rowan! Take him in."

"Ororo! There's a plane!"

Ororo dropped the boy to Rowan. Ororo turned back around. She raised her hands and the wind was pushing the jet back slowly.

It's not going to work! It's falling to fast. Ororo thought. The plane was coming closer. I'm not going to let Magneto win! Ororo looked at the plane. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She knew she shouldn't attempt this, but she had too. She felt the magma flowing beneath the Earth's core, the wind blowing in south America, and the cold from Antarctica. She was one with the planet. She could control it all. Anything she wanted, but last time she did this it almost killed her last time. But she didn't care, If she could save everyone, then it was worth it. She opened her eyes. Suddenly there was electricity coming from her eyes and hair. She lifted her hands up, and the plane stopped. She lifted it up into the sky with the winds. It didn't take much out of her.

She turned back to Magneto. He was floating in the air stunned. "How?"

"That is none of you concern, because now you see, I'm as powerful as Jean was. So If you mess with humanity again, I will kill you." She said in a strong voice.

"No you won't Ororo." He said.

"If you don't believe me, I'll have to show you." She said. She lifted her hand easily and Magneto started choking. "I can control the air, the weather, and all the electricity that flows through your body Magneto. You can't stop me. But I won't kill you yet," she lowered her hand, "you may go. But remember what I said."

Magneto took in a big breath. He glared at Ororo.

Don't forget Magneto. She said to him telepathically.

He lowered himself into the school. Rowan flew up toward Ororo. But Ororo started falling.

"Ororo!" she said. She flew towards her and caught her. Then she too flew back into the school. When she got there, she noticed Magneto was gone.

"Ororo!" Rogue cried out. "What happened up there?"

"I don't know, but Ororo's sleeping, so it must have worn her out." Rowan said.

Kai and Hawk came running over. "What happened?" "I'll explain it later." Rowan said.

Kai picked Ororo up off of Rowan and they went to the jet.





You must login () to review.