"So, she caused the winds to stop that plane from falling," Rowan was saying to Hawk and Kai. "Then I could have sworn I heard her speak telepathically to Magneto."

"Whoa, wait a minute," Hawk said. "She spoke telepathically? The only time she can do that is if, by the slightest chance they get through her static, a telepath is speaking to her. Mainly me, considering that I can get through more easily."

Rowan shrugged. "I'm just telling you what I saw."

Isis came in the room. Rowan and Isis automatically began tussling with each other. "By the way Isis," Hawk called to the white wolf. "I have a bone to pick with you."

Isis stopped instantly and raced right out of the room. Rowan followed more slowly. Scaredy cat, Hawk thought, sending it to Isis. There was a growl. Hawk and Kai laughed. Isabel, Annabel, Rogue, Kitty, Dazzler and Magma came into the rec room a moment later. It was apparent that they wanted to get a juicy story from Hawk. "So tell us what happened," Isabel demanded.

Hawk shrugged. "I just gave Sabretooth a good beating. I think I brought down his pride."

"Better be careful, sugah," Rogue said. "Messing with Sabretooth is not a good thing."

"Well, neither is messin' with my animals."

"Well," Ali said, "what else happened?"

"I gave Sabretooth a good kick in the jaw, went for a punch, got thrown threw a wall, bruised my back, and threw him back the same wall."

"You threw Sabretooth?" Annabel asked.

"Telekinesis will do that to 'ya, honey," Hawk said.

Everyone laughed.

All X-men, please meet in the Danger Room, a computer voice said as the alarms went off. They were all grateful that Siryn wasn't the alarms. Her sonic screams would make you deaf for at least a month. They all met with Angel, Iceman, Colossus, and Damien in the Danger Room a few minutes later. Storm, Beast, Emma Frost, Wolverine, and Professor X were already there. "Is this some kind of drill?" Dazzler asked.

"Somewhat," Professor X said. "We were testing you on your quickness to respond. Now, we are going to test you on your ability to work as a team while trying not to get harmed."

The room went from metal to one of the corridors in the X-mansion. Suddenly, trapdoors opened from under them. The girls screamed and the guys yelped at the suddenness. Dazzler and Magma were dropped into one room, Rogue and Colossus into another; Iceman and Kitty; Angel and Damien; the twins and Hawk into another one, and Kai dropped onto Damien. "Okay," Hawk said, getting up. "Ow."

The twins were groaning also. Suddenly, their door was busted into. Soldiers came in, holding their weapons up and bearing them on the girls. Hawk put up a force-field. Isabel got a fireball, Hawk shrunk the bubble a little as Annabel stepped out to bring the winds upon the soldiers. The soldiers fired, but Hawk's telekinesis diverted any shot that would've hit Annabelle. Isabel caused a huge blaze that hit and forced them back. The three girls ran out.

X

Storm and Logan were observing the kids as they fought. In about five seconds, Hawk's group was already out of their room and rushing into the battle. "They're good," Logan said.

Storm nodded and switched the monitor to where Kai, Angel, Kai, and Damien were. Kai held a Shadow-dagger in his hand, while Damien controlled the shadows so that he exposed those in hiding. Then Angel and Kai went hand-to-hand and then bursted out of their room. "Let's see what happens when we turn it up a notch," she said, pressing a button.

X

"Kai!" a familiar voice called to him. Kai turned around saw Kestral standing there.

"Kestral-" all of a sudden, a huge light came from the center of her being, blinding Kai and the others almost instantly.

"Dazzler!" Hawk called from his left. The light dimmed a little bit as Light Mist began to surround them. Then a laser beam shot up from up the corridor and into Kestral.

"No!" Kai cried lunging for his sister. More soldiers came in from Dazzlers direction.

Angel grabbed Kai and the kids got out of the melee. Hawk was in the lead with Dazzler, Annabel and Isabel. Rogue, Colossus, and Kai were just behind them. Iceman, Damien, Magma, and Angel covered the rear. When they rounded a corner, Iceman created an ice wall. Then they all darted off into the secret passages.

X

Logan and Storm watched as Colossus opened one of the passage ways. Logan looked at Storm. "Do they really think it's that simple?"

"Give them a break Logan," Storm said, pushing another button, and flipping a switch. "This is a training exercise that they're not used to."

X

As they rounded the corner, about a hundred guns were pointed at them. "I thought this was the way out!" Magma cried.

"Did you guys really think it would be that easy?" Logan asked, coming out of another wall with Storm right behind him.

"I didn't," Hawk said, "you guys don't give us a break for anything."

"I'll remember that the next time I give out extra credit Hawk," Storm said.

"Shoot," Hawk said inaudibly, knowing that that comment was going to come back to haunt her. That was when the bullets started flying. Hawk automatically put up a Force-field around them. Then built up her energy and pushed it out. The guns went flying the other direction as did the bullets. Wolverine was already on the job and Dazzler was shooting her lasers at them. Shadow and Shadowmaker were controlling the shadows- Shadowmaker using his dagger when necessary- and revealing their targets that the lights from Dazzler couldn't reach. Finally, they all reached the door that would complete the mission.

As they walked out, the Professor's telepathic call came again. All X-Men please meet me in the hangar bay.

The kids groaned. They had just completed an unexpected training session, and were all tired. Why on earth would they need to meet in the hangar bay? They all complied though, and they soon found out why. Isis and Rowan went on the plane.

X

Storm landed the jet by an abandoned underground tunnel. "I can't believe Magneto decided to kidnap the president," Hawk complained. "He's insane! How did he even figure which 'Copter was Air force 1? They are always in motion, no one can figure it out."

"He was on the jet this time, Hawk," Professor X said.

"Yeah, but still, you have to deal with the Secret- oh, right. I forgot. He has Sabretooth and Mystique to handle them."

They all disembarked from the jet. Hawk telekinetically opened the doors to the shelter. Then she slowly lowered the Professor and then followed everyone else in. Suddenly, the doors closed behind them. "Uh-oh," one of the girls whispered.

"Hey, Hawk," Angel called. "How about a torch?"

"Only if you want to get Bar-Be-Qued."

"Okay, guys," Dazzler said, lighting herself up a little.

They walked forward a little. Storm was in the lead with Logan, Dazzler and Magma, followed by the Professor and Angel; Kitty and Bobby; Rogue and Colossus; with Hawk, Annabelle, Isabelle, Damien, and Kai in the back. Rowan and Isis covered the rear.

"Welcome my brothers," a familiar voice said. Storm stopped abruptly, almost causing a collision behind her. Everyone looked up to see Magneto standing beside the President, who was tied up to a chair. "Have you decided to join us?"

The Professor spoke up for them all. "Let him go, Magneto. You don't any more trouble than what you already caused."

"Once again," Magneto sighed. "You seek a hope that's not worth looking for."

"Hawk," Professor X called. He was telling her to untie the President. Hawk was just about to when the rest of the Brotherhood came out of nowhere. Everyone stood there ground and the wolves leapt forward on either side of the lead group; spines in mo-hawks and teeth bared in snarls. Magneto gave the signal to attack, and the battle began. Kestral automatically went for Hawk. How nice, she thought. There's five or six girls in here, and I'm her first target. That's just a great way to get on my good side.

Kestral tried attacking her by first blinding her and then trying to stab with her light-dagger. However, she didn't know about Hawk's ability to shape-shift, which gave Hawk the advantage. She shaped herself to look like Dazzler.

This surprised Kestral quite a bit. Normally people would be squinting, shielding, or shutting their eyes to keep from going blind. She didn't know that when Hawk shape-shifted, she copied the brain-waves of the exact person she was copying. She also didn't know that Dazzler was immune to light. While Kestral was in shock, Hawk snap-kicked her in the stomach.

X

Sabretooth went directly for Storm. Wolverine blocked him though. That was when Mystique came in to interfere. Although, she was just shocked by Storm's lightning bolt. Storm then decided to douse Pyro before he could get the fire's started.

X

"Kestral," Kai cried, as Kestral went in for another round at Hawk. "Stop!"

Kestral stabbed Hawk in the stomach before turning to her brother. "Ah!" Hawk cried, as she went down.

"What, Kai?" Kestral asked. "Are you emotions for her so strong that you have no loyalty left for family?"

Hawk moaned as she sat up, grabbing her side. "Kestral," Kai said, looking at Hawk's pained face. "I'm sick of you taunting me like this. What did she ever do to you?"

"She took my brother away from," Kestral snapped.

"I seem to recall that you left with this worthless bunch."

"And what is she doing for you?" Kestral demanded. "Is she telling you that there is a place where you can be loved and that there is some decent non-mutants in the world? Give me a break Kai. That's a worthless bunch of lies. You can tell that she's been living the good life. She doesn't know what life is like out on the streets."

"That's where you're wrong," Kai murmured. "She does know what it's like. She's an orphan Kestral. She lost her twin a few months ago in a fight with these people. She understands what we went through."

"Give me a break Kai, you're just falling for her looks."

At that moment, Kai caused the shadows to engulf his sister. She shrieked for a moment, but then casted light over shadows. Suddenly, that light turned into flames. Kestral turned around and couldn't believe her eyes. Hawk was standing up just fine and had fireballs in both of her hands. Kestral stared in shock. "Now Kai!" Hawk cried.

Kai lunged with a shadow-sword, flipped the handle into a reverse grip and knocked Kestral out with a blow to the head. Kai took a breath and looked down at his sister sadly. Hawk placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and offered a smile, which he returned.

"Hawk!" Isabelle called. "I could use some of your firepower right about now."

"Coming!" Hawk raced over to help deal with Pyro. Leaving Kai to make a decision to fight.

X

As it turns out, Storm never made it to Pyro. Isabelle and Annabelle were dealing with him. Hawk stepped up next to Isabelle, who was trying to keep him distracted. But he shot to fireballs either way. Isabelle dodged and fired at it, while Annabelle could only shoot water at it. "Didn't your mother ever tell you 'don't play with fire?'" Hawk asked. He turned to her and shot at her. Hawk shot back, but also made the fire turn back on him. He couldn't stop the blaze from hitting him and yowled as he got hit. "Because you can get hurt."

The twins laughed and high-fived each other. Hawk turned to see Sabretooth up against Storm again. Say what? she thought. Then she noticed Logan slammed up against a wall. "Oh, for heaven sakes," she growled.

X

Sabretooth had knocked Wolverine hard into the wall, making sure he was immobilized before lunging at Storm. She was just about to form a thunderhead when Sabretooth knocked her out of the air. Storm had grazed her head on something and was starting to bleed a little. She looked down at her hand as she felt the blood trickle, and then looked back at the ever advancing Sabretooth. Then, pushed herself up and tried to come up with something. Lightning was out of the question now that the kids surrounded her on all sides. Suddenly, he slashed her face and was about to start at the neck when two little wolves came up to him. Rowan and Isis tried to bite his legs, but he kept kicking them back. They just stood back a couple of feet, growling and snarling. That was when Hawk came in.

She threw a fireball at his shoulder, which shielded Storm from it, and started taunting him. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size, 'ya big bully?"

Storm had to shake her head. That child was insane. But it did get her released from Sabretooth. He turned to her, accepting her challenge. He lunged and Hawk dodged.

X

Rowan looked around, everybody was still fighting. Then she seen Ororo. She was laying on the floor watching Hawk fight Sabretooth. "Ororo!" Rowan yelled.

"Rowan? What's wrong?" Ororo asked.

"Nothing. Wait." Rowan stuck her nose in the air and sniffed multiple times. "I smell-" She was cut off by an explosion. The wall behind them had blown up. The room became dead silent. Twenty-five men came in the room with guns, all loaded and ready to fire. They had the letters 'FoH' on their tee-shirts.

"Don't move!" One of them yelled. Rowan and Ororo, who were closest to the wall, were lying on the ground.

"Do you see her Marty?" Asked one of the men.

"There!" Marty said. He pointed at Ororo. "You're coming with me."

"I don't think so." Damien yelled. He ran towards his mother, but was shot by one of the guards.

"Damien!" Ororo yelled, "What did you do to him?"

Another one of the men smiled, "It's a sleeping dart just like this one." He said as he shot Ororo and Rowan.

Hawk was mad, actually not just mad, but furious. Who did these guys think they were, attacking the good guys? Hawk started to run at them, but before she could stop, they opened fire on everybody in the building.

Within minutes everybody was asleep. The FoH members picked Ororo and Rowan up and walked out of the hole in the wall.





You must login () to review.