Logan and Storm walked into the hotel room later that afternoon. Hawk was on her bed, facing away from them. Storm walked over to her. "Hey," Storm said gently. Hawk didn't reply. Storm looked at Logan, asking him to leave them alone with her eyes. Logan understood and left them. Storm looked back at Hawk. "Hawk, this isn't just about Shaw, is it?"

"How can you tell?" Hawk asked. Despite herself, Storm chuckled.

"I'm a detective, remember?" Then she got serious. "Hawk, what's going on? Does it have anything to do with the orphanage?"

Hawk looked at her sharply. If there was one thing that you never brought up with Hawk, it was the orphanage she went to. Storm didn't know the full details, but she knew the people treated the kids horribly, and Hawk had somehow gotten into Shaw inc. "Don't bring up that horrid place. You know I don't like to talk about it."

"Hawk," Storm said gently. "You're going to have to talk about it sometime. Everybody does eventually."

"Not everybody has been through what I have." She looked back the other way, laying her head back down on the pillows.

"And what have you been through?"

Hawk glared at her. "Don't think I don't know that technique. It's too easy." Then she looked the other way again.

Storm laid her hand upon Hawk's shoulder. "Please?" Storm pleaded. "Just talk to me."

Hawk suddenly became interested in the tassels on the pillow next to her. Storm sighed, then got up and went to her room. It was clear that Hawk was not going to talk to her about the orphanage for a long while. Logan was on the chair opposite the bed. "Anything?"

Storm shook her head. "It's like she doesn't even want to talk to me anymore." She gave sighed and sat down on the bed. Logan came over around the other side.

"Turn around," he said.

"Why?" she asked, puzzled and curious.

"You'll see." Storm put her feet back over the edge of the bed as Logan put his hands on her shoulders and gently started to massage them. Storm moaned with delight at this as she felt the tension leave her neck and shoulders.

"That feels good," she said.

"Good. It's supposed to." Logan moved along her shoulders up to the base of her neck. "What do you say we forget about Shaw for the night, and just go out?"

"Logan," Storm asked, surprised. "Are you asking me out on a date?"

"No," Logan said, a little too quickly. "I was just thinking that maybe we all need a break, that's all. Y'know, a night out with no work, no Shaw, no Sabretooth-" Storm tensed slightly. "OK, I won't say that name anymore- just the two of us, possibly three, if Hawk wants to join us."

"Which you're hoping she won't."

Logan rolled his eyes; Storm giggled. "And maybe we could see a movie."

Storm thought about this for a moment. "Do I get to chose where we go?"

"Yes."

"Then I accept."

XMDII

Storm and Logan walked out into the living area, where Hawk had her pull-out bed. Hawk was still facing the sliding glass door that led to the balcony. Thank you, she's asleep, Storm lipped to Logan. They easily sneaked out of the door, careful not to wake Hawk.

Unbeknownst to them, Hawk got up and picked up the phone for room service. She had heard every word and thought that they all deserved a break. Besides, she'd rather have Storm go out with Logan than with Sabretooth any day.





You must login () to review.