"So, Charles is one of the target?" Storm asked.

"Apparently," Hawk said. They were back into the hotel room, and were taking a look at the files on Hawk's laptop. Looks as if he is assigned to Cassandra Nova."

"Who's Cassandra Nova?" Logan asked. Both girls shrugged.

"Let's find out," Hawk said, minimizing what she was doing and going online. She went online and went into the Shaw Inc. website. The website looked completely normal, until Hawk pressed a series of keys in what looked like a complicated sequence. When she was done, the website looked completely different. It looked as if they were in someone's computer. Storm looked at Hawk.

"You've been hacking again, haven't you?"

"I've gotten better at it, thanks to Shadowcat and Cipher."

Hawk smiled, then clicked on a couple of files and folders. She clicked on the file that said 'Nova'. She quickly scanned through the file. "Oh my gosh," Hawk said, shocked. "Guys, we might have more than we can handle."

"What do mean?" Storm asked.

"Look." Hawk handed the laptop over to Storm. She looked through it.

Powers

Cassandra Nova possesses telepathy comparable to Charles Xavier. After copying the DNA of Charles Xavier, the mummudrai Cassandra Nova accessed the full spectrum of latent mutant functions in his genome (this means she has the powers of Charles Xavier, the ones he could have had and the ones he might receive, as a result of latent mutation), granting itself vast psionic powers. These powers include: telepathy, telekinesis, and the ability to release an astral form, which she focuses both her telepathy and telekinesis. She has all the powers of the "average" mummudrai as well.

DNA Duplication: able to copy the DNA of sentient beings and use it to construct physical bodies for themselves. Also capable of accessing the full spectrum of latent mutant functions in ones genome.

DNA Manipulation: can manipulate the DNA of others, breaking it down at the molecular level.

Jumpstart: After analyzing the DNA of another superhuman mutant, Cassandra is able to selectively evolve existing genetic traits as well as catalyze the untapped genetic potential of latent mutants. Once begun, the procedure is irreversible and can often result in unpredictable side effects.

Phasing: ability to pass through solid matter by passing her atoms through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she is moving.

Metahuman Regeneration: She regenerates and heals hundreds of times faster than a normal human. Thanks to this superhumanly regenerative "healing factor," she has been able to completely recover from injuries which would prove fatal to most humans, even those with superhuman abilities. She can regenerate organs such as eyes or large portions of flesh, regenerate limbs, such as feet and arms, which have been completely severed.

Astral Form Projection: ability to release her astral form, which she uses to focus her telepathy and telekinesis.

Telepathy: can read minds and project her thoughts into other minds within a vast, potentially limitless radius.

Telepathic Cloak: Can mask her presence from being detected by others. Her abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. She can extend these defenses to others around her as well.

Mind Control: ability to control the minds of others upon mere concentration.

Mind Possession: ability to possess the mind of another, and use that beings body as your own

Mind Alteration: ability to alter the minds of others by force of will.

Psionic Shield: ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of others minds

Telepathic Illusions: ability to create illusions to make herself seem to be invisible, look like someone else, or make others experience events that are not truly happening.

Mental Paralysis: ability to induce temporary mental or physical paralysis

Mental Amnesia: Can erase any awareness of particular memories or cause total amnesia.

Psionic Blasts: can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and turning someone brain-dead.

Astral Projection: can project her astral form from her body onto astral planes or the physical planes. In the physical plane she can only travel in astral form over short distances. In the astral plane, she can mentally create psionic objects and manipulate the aspects of her environment.

Mind Transferal: able to transfer both her mind and powers into other host bodies should her own physical body be somehow killed

Mental Detection: can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.

Telekinesis: possesses telekinetic abilities enabling her to levitate and manipulate living beings, inanimate objects, and to some extent energy psionically. She can levitate herself or other persons or project a telekinetic shield capable of withstanding missile blasts. By focusing her mental energy at a specific target, she can release devastating force blasts

Storm gasped. Hawk had most of these abilities, but she had not yet been able to train to use them properly. Put these abilities in an assassin, and these are a recipe from catastrophe. Logan looked at her. "What is it?" he asked.

XMDII

Logan, Storm, and Hawk left the office early the next day. The headed out toward the police headquarters. Hawk had a thumbdrive with her, to keep the data she had safe, should something go wrong. She also had a duplicate, and a false data chip for decoy. As they drove down a quiet street, something happened. The car just stopped. Storm, who was in the passenger seat woke up from her doze. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know," Logan said. He got out of the driver's seat, and checked the hood.

Storm looked behind her, to where Hawk was sleeping peacefully on the full backseat. Isis was on the floor. Then, she reached out and started to tickle Hawk under the chin- where she was ticklish- to wake her up a little. Hawk started to giggle. "Stop!" Hawk cried when she couldn't take it any longer. "That tickles."

Storm smiled amusingly. Then, she looked at the side mirror and gasped. A very familiar figure was walking toward her side of the car. Storm reached out behind her again, and shook Hawk's shoulder. Hawk just stirred and moaned, but otherwise didn't wake up. "Hawk, Hawk," Storm said urgently, fear clear in her voice. When Hawk still didn't wake up, Storm was getting desperate. He was no more than twenty feet away max, and getting closer with every stride. Storm gently squeezed Hawk's shoulder as she shocked her. Hawk jolted awake. "What? I'm up, I'm up."

Storm looked out of the rearview mirror. Ten feet. "I need you to shape-shift into the smallest thing possible."

"Why?" Hawk asked, clearly puzzled.

"Trust me. Just do it."

Hawk clearly saw that something was up, so she did what she was told. She was no longer visible to Storm by the time Victor reached her door. Storm knew that locking her door would be useless; especially since he could just use his claws to pick the lock easily. He opened the car door, and looked at her maliciously. Isis sat up in the back and growled threateningly. Storm felt her telepathic connection with Hawk open up, allowing her to speak telepathically to Hawk. Hawk, control Isis. Do not let her attack.

"Get out of the car," Sabretooth said in a low menacing tone, watching her closely. Storm reluctantly complied. As she closed the car door, Sabretooth grabbed her from behind; wrapping his arm around her neck, using his other hand to place a set of sharp claws on the back of her neck. Out of pure reflex, she grabbed his arm and tried to pry it away from her neck; even though, she knew what little good that would do. Then, he forced he to walk forward.

XMDII

Logan lifted the hood and looked inside to see what had caused the car to stop. He heard Hawk giggle and cry out to Storm for her to stop doing something. He smiled amusingly a little. He took a look at the lines for the oil and gas lines. It looked like someone had slashed both of the lines. Great, he thought.

Suddenly, the air reeked of fear. It started small at first, but it increased greatly in a matter of seconds. Then he heard the car door open for a minute, and then close. "'Ro, what are you doin'?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Wolverine," an extremely familiar voice said. "But this one doesn't have a healing factor does she? And before you get any ideas, Princess, I do know that you can easily strike me with a lightning bolt, but you must admit, that it's a risk. If you struck me, my hand could twitch."

"Creed," Wolverine said darkly. "Let her go."

"I'm sorry, Wolverine," Creed replied mockingly, "but that's not going to happen."

XMDII

Hawk shifted back to her normal form after Creed had opened the door. She pressed herself against the seat, but not too hard, so that Storm wouldn't notice. She tried to regulate her breathing, but it was difficult. Hawk took a quick peek to see what was happening, and gasped as she saw Sabretooth grab Storm. She eased herself into Storm's mind- slowly, so that Storm wouldn't notice. As she listened to what was going on through Storm's mind, she crawled to the other side of the car, as far away from Sabretooth as possible. When she heard Sabretooth's reply to Logan's demand, she stepped out of the car.

XMDII

"And why not?" a voice demanded from the other side of the car.

Storm looked slowly that direction and saw Hawk standing there. "Hawk," she gasped. "Get back into the car."

"I would listen to her if I were you," Sabretooth said, digging his claws into her neck for emphasis. Hawk stood her ground though, and looked directly into Sabretooth's eyes. Sabretooth growled, and slowly grazed her neck. Hawk blinked and looked away. Then she slipped back into the car. A car drove up next to them. Before she could comprehend what was happening, the back door flew open and Sabretooth started to shove her toward it.

"No," Storm whispered as she started to try to resist. "No... no, please..."

Despite her resistance, he still forced her to the opening and someone grabbed her ankles . She tried to kick and fight her way away from them. But it was all in vain.

XMDII

Hawk watched in horror as Sabretooth forced Storm into the black sedan- she guessed. She didn't know her cars well, minus the mustangs- and pounded on the glass window. "No!"

XMDII

Logan wanted to stop them, but if he engaged Sabretooth, Storm would more than likely get killed. He unsheathed his claws and got ready to charge at Sabretooth, when Sabretooth also got into the car, and the car sped off.


Chapter End Notes:
A/N: I got Cassandra's Nova's powers off of the X-men wiki. No infringement intended. Also inspired by Date Night in the Ultimate X-men comics, and Nancy Drew: Arson and Old Lace.



You must login () to review.