Sabretooth came back in a moment later. Storms bounds were loosened, thanks to Hawk, but she knew she couldn't fight him off for long. Normally, she would just strike him lightning, but that would take too long for her to do. Sabretooth came in closer and Storm pulled at her bounds, getting her hands looser by the second. That was when Sabretooth grabbed her. "Let's finish what we started," he whispered.

Storm finally got her arms freed, and swung a punch at him. She caught him on the jaw, probably breaking a couple of her knuckles, and dropped into a helicopter kick. She got back up, just as Sabretooth recovered. He swung, but she easily dodged. "Too slow," she said tauntingly.

Sabretooth growled and took another swipe. She blocked and kicked him in the gut. He grunted in pain, and caught her next kick. She twisted in mid-air catching him in the face. When her foot was free, she staggered slightly on the landing. Sabretooth took that opportunity to swipe at her one more time. He didn't catch her, but it caused her to jump backwards, and he was able to rush her into the back wall.

Now she was scared. He grabbed her hands and held them above her, so that she wouldn't be able to fight him. "That, was not smart," he whispered.

XMDII

Logan was following Isis. Isis suddenly stopped in front of a door. Logan knew that Storm was inside. He listened as there was a fight going on inside. There was a gasp and a thud as someone hit the wall, and the stench of fear starting seep through the door.

Logan got ready to kick the door down...

XMDII

Hawk was dumped onto the ground of another room. When she got up, Shaw was there. She knew she was in trouble. "Come anywhere near me Shaw, and I swear, you will regret it."

Shaw laughed and walked a little closer. "What do you think you will do to me?" He asked. "You can't hurt me."

Hawk flicked her palms open. "We'll see..."

XMDII

Sabretooth started to stroke her cheek when the door was kicked in. Storm had never been so happy to see Logan. "Get away from her," Logan said darkly. His gun was raised and pointed directly at Sabretooth's back. "Hands up, Creed."

Sabretooth just smiled at him. "What do you think that will do, Wolverine? You know that I will just heal."

"Not as fast with a bullet in your brains."

"Wolverine, do you honestly think that I won't be able to dodge it? And then there's the chance of the bullet ending up in her."

"Creed, let her go."

Suddenly, Sabretooth did as he was told and let her go altogether. Storm rushed forward and got behind Logan. Sabretooth walked slowly forward out the door. Storm and Logan looked at each other in confusion, then followed him out. They watched in shock as Xavier cuffed Sabretooth. When he was done, he looked at them. "Telepathy is by far more than a technique for communication and reading minds."

Storm was glad Hawk hadn't developed that much yet. She would certainly take advantage of it. Then she remembered where Hawk was. "Oh my gosh," Storm said, turning to Logan. "Logan, where's Hawk?"

"I don't know, we thought you would know?"

"Shaw said he was taking her into..." She looked down for a moment then looked back at Logan. He understood and ran with her to the nearest room. Isis on their heels.

XMDII

Hawk shot both of her fireballs at Shaw. They hit their mark, and Hawk had the satisfaction of hearing him in pain. However, the burns healed quickly. "Great," she muttered, "We have another Sabretooth."

"Is that all you got?" Shaw taunted. "Show me you were worth the trouble."

"Really?" Hawk asked. "Do you honestly think I don't know what you're doing?"

"I know, you're telepathic," Shaw said, a little bored.

"I don't need to be telepathic to know you're trying to pull Don Moch on me."

"What?"

"Don Moch. I think it's German, but it's a technique that I also like to use. See, after I left, I got into a series called Star Wars. I know all seven forms of Lightsaber combat and I also know some of the techniques to get someone to attack. Basically taunts."

"Do you realize what my powers are?"

Hawk scowled at him. "Yeah, you can heal rapidly, fire is out of the question for me." Then she shifted herself into Mara Jade. "But hand-to-hand's not." She lunged at him and kicked him in the guts. It felt strange, but she was sure it was just because it was in his stomach. After he doubled over, she struck his face. Now, she was sure she was in trouble. It felt like punching a mattress. Shaw smiled at her look of realization as she shifted back into her regular form.

"That's right," he said. "I absorb kinetic energy. Hard to believe Storm never told you that."

"She probably never thought I would end up in a fight with you." Hawk backed up slowly.

"Exactly, and you know what you just did?" Hawk hoped that his ability wasn't similar to Corran Horn's- another Jedi from Star Wars- or Bishop's. They both could absorb energy and use it for strength and speed. If that's what he did with kinetic energy, she was in deep trouble. "You just boosted my energy."

Then he lunged at her. Hawk was surprised by the force as he bowled her over. She quickly recovered though, and kicked him off of her. Although, she managed to knock him of slightly. Which was better than nothing. She used that as leverage to slip out of his grasp. She rolled quickly to the center of the room. It was too bad she didn't have her iPod with her. The music would help her a little.

He recovered from her attack and charged her. Hawk thought she could push her limit and dodge him last second, but she didn't realize that he built up his speed and underestimated her timing. When he knocked Hawk over, she went full blazes on him and used that to push him off of her. Although, she realized that was her ultimatum and had to come up with some quick moves as he came at her again. She spun dodged, and ducked as he tried to get her. She started to tire.

Hawk swapped to telekinesis and tried to hold him back. She knew though, that she wouldn't be able to hold him for long; thanks to her stupid acts from earlier.

XMDII

"Storm, what is it?" Logan asked.

"Shaw's power is absorbing kinetic energy," Storm said as they raced to the next door. "I never told Hawk that, and you know how much she likes to get into a fight. If she's in a fight with him, she's in trouble."

"Why didn't you ever tell her this?"

"Because I never thought that it would up like this. I told her she would be with either you or me at all times. I never thought we would be separated around Shaw."

"Is there anything we can do about it?"

"Shaw's power? We have to outsmart him, and not hit him. He also has rapid healing."

"Can I stab him?"

"No. You can't even shoot him. If Hawk's done what I think she's done, he's strength and speed is already enhanced."

They finally reached the door, and Storm's fear was confirmed. The smell of smoke was overwhelming. Then there was the sound of someone running to the back.

XMDII

Shaw went to the opposite wall. Then, he charged her head on. Hawk tried to hold him back, but it was useless, he broke through her force-field, and her push; slamming her against the wall. He took out a knife and placed it against her throat. "Now," he whispered, "be a good girl, and do what you're told."

Suddenly, the door bursted and Logan and Storm came in. "Get away from her!" Storm said, raising her revolver. Logan was behind her, his 9 millimeter glock pointed at Shaw's head.

"Get on the ground, now!" Logan ordered.

Shaw smiled and laughed. "Ah, Storm," Shaw said. "Don't you remember what my power is? I'll just absorb the energy."

Storm put her revolver away. "But I also know you're weakness. You can't absorb too much power." She looked at Hawk behind him. "Hawk, bolt."

Hawk nodded imperceptibly, and got ready. Storm's eyes went white as she charged the air. Hawk also felt the energy around her and added her energy to Storm's, therefore boosting Storm's power and vice versa. Then, they both struck Shaw together. It took all of a few minutes for Shaw to pass out, then Storm stopped, and forced Hawk to do the same. When Hawk did, she rushed over to Storm and embraced her tightly. Storm did the same, giving her soothing words. Tears were streaming down Hawk's face. Logan went over to Shaw and cuffed him.

"Are you alright?" Storm asked Hawk. "Did he hurt you?"

Hawk shook her head. "No."

Storm hugged her more tightly. That was when the captain came in. "Logan, bring him to the car. I want to talk to the girls alone."





You must login () to review.