Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's your RoLo. Most of it is from the novel, integrated into the movie. One of my favorite parts in the novel, was sooooo dissappointed and shocked that they didn't put this into the movie.
"Incoming!" Logan yelled as as a vehicle shot over his and Storm's heads. "Take cover!"

Hawk rushed to get to cover with Logan, but stumbled a little. As others rushed for cover, she shot flames at the cars to divert them from hitting anyone.

Storm hid behind a wall as the firestorm began. She timed the intervals, then rushed to join Logan and Hawk behind a fallen car. She just barely managed to dodge the car that was coming directly for her.

XXX

Hawk took cover with Storm and Logan as the cars started to come at them, full blaze. Storm was terrified, and Logan- who would never admit it- was just as scared as they were. Logan looked down at the ampules that survived Arclight's attack. Storm looked down, then at Beast- who was right across from them.

Logan looked at Storm. "We work as a team."

Storm picked up the cue as if they were both telepaths.

"Best defense is a good offense."

He grinned and thought she looked good enough to kiss, and she thought about how much she liked to see him try.

Hawk rolled her eyes. "Can you guys get a little mushy later?"

They ignored her. "Bobby!" Logan called. "Think you can take out your old friend?" Bobby nodded and rushed out from cover.

"Furball," Logan turned to Beast who wasn't handling the ovenlike environment well at all, "can you still move in that suit?"

"If it'll take me off of this griddle!"

"'Ro," and he reached to lay surprisingly gentle fingers against her cheek, thumb stroking an invisible piece of grit from beneath her eye, in a gesture so light and tender that she barely felt it, yet which sent an unexpected surge of electricity the length of her spine to the core of her being. "I'll know it'll be hard, but we're going to need some cover."

Her eyes danced back at his, accepting the challenge. "Right," Storm said, taking a deep breath to compose herself. Her eyes went from a warm welcoming brown to a blue that started as deep as the most magnificent sky, before paling to an arctic blue-white. He felt the hairs on his body rise, saw that McCoy felt the same- although there was a special undercurrent to the sensations that he felt that he would always keep to himself- unless Hawk was prying his mind right now, which he had no doubt that she was- as Storm brought her energies to bear, smelt and tasted the faintest hint of ozone.

Fog started coming in all directions.

"I'll help Bobby," Hawk said. Without waiting for a reply, she went over to help one of her best friends.

XXX

After Pyro was taken care of, Hawk went back to cover Storm. You never knew in this crowd. She peered over the cars and saw the troops surrounding Jean. She felt Jean go into a rage and cried out in pain. "You okay?" Storm asked.

"Yeah," Hawk strained. "Just need to put my blocks up." After putting up the blocks, she looked over the cars again and gasped in horror as she saw the soldiers get flayed to bits. Hawk turned away, and Storm saw it to, holding Hawk close as tears started coming to Hawk's face. "That's what happened to Xavier," she whispered.

Knowing they couldn't stay there, both females made a run for it. Storm stopped not too far from Logan, and looked at Jean, and back at Logan. Hawk just went from Jean to Storm, to Logan, and back to Storm. "I'm the only one who can stop her," Logan said. Hawk could've sworn that the look on his face was fear for everyone. Especially Storm. "Get everyone to safety. Go."

Both Storm and Hawk took to the skies. While up there, Jean destroyed the X-jet. "Great," Hawk muttered to Storm. "Now how are we supposed to get home?"



Chapter End Notes:
More to come. Please do not dispair or criticize.



You must login () to review.