Storm stared at the test. Positive. She was pregnant. And the child didn't belong to Logan.

Tears started to stream down her face as a light shower started. What was she going to tell him? He'd been supportive of her, and had been very encouraging when nightmares had started to haunt her...

But this was different. Storm had wanted children of her own, but she wanted LOGAN'S children. Not a sadistic sociopath's like Sabretooth.

There was a knock on her door. She looked up to see Hawk, soaking wet, standing in the doorway. "What's wrong, Hawk?"

Hawk gave her a conspicuous look. "I should be asking you the same thing. I mean you sort of ruined my ride when the showers came down. I had to race back here." She wiped her plastered her from her face. "And I can tell when something's bothering you. So, spit it out, what is it?"

"I'm pregnant," Storm whispered.

"Isn't that a good thing?"

Storm didn't need to say anything to her. One look was all she needed.

"Oh. That one."

"Hawk, what am I going to do? I don't know what Logan's going to say once he finds out. I've considering getting an abortion, but-"

"Storm, if you even THINK about terminating child, I'll hunt you down! I don't suppose you want one of my lectures on how children are a blessing?"

Storm shook her head.

"Didn't think so."

Storm looked down and sighed in despair. "That still doesn't answer my question."

Hawk shrugged. "That's up to you guys. Just," she added as she headed out, "don't choose the alternative."

X

As they slipped into bed that night, Logan leaned forward to kiss her, hoping she wouldn't recoil. She didn't recoil, but Logan could tell that something was wrong. "'Ro," he asked gently, "'Ro, what is it?"

She looked at him sadly. "Logan... I'm pregnant."

Logan felt his heart swell with joy. "That's great news-"

"The child isn't yours. It's... his." She looked away as she started to cry. They had done their best to avoid talking about what had happened, despite Logan's best efforts coaxing her to talk and then leaving her alone when she wouldn't.

He gently took her hand and she stiffened a little. Logan didn't mind, he was used to it by now. "Look, 'Ro, I don't care who's child it is. We're still going to be related, if not by blood. And it's not like you consented. I'm still going to love you like I always have."

"But what if he finds out?"

"He's not going to find out, because he's not going anywhere near the child." Logan slowly wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She tensed for all of a second, then relaxed- something she hadn't done in over a month. She then gave in to his embrace, and cried openly. Then she began to describe what had happened to her. Logan was tempted to tell her that she didn't have to continue, but, somehow, he knew it was best if she did. She had kept this pain inside of her for over a month, and it was eating her up from the insideout.

When she was done, she had cried out all of tears, and Logan still held her close. "Storm," he said quietly, "no matter what happens, I won't leave you alone to deal with it on your own."

Storm looked up at him, and she knew he was telling her the truth. Then, without warning, she started to kiss him; which he gratefully returned.

X

Nine months later, Storm gave birth to a son, and they decided to name him Seth.


Chapter End Notes:
Okay, it's the set up of the sequel, which is not exactly RoLo. So, you're probably going to have to go to FF and look up Facing the Beast II: Rebirth.



You must login () to review.