After Logan dropped Storm off at the school, she finished her last class of the day.

"Tomorrow be prepared for a quiz," she said as the final bell rang. The students groaned as they gathered their things and prepared to leave as the final bell rang. "Ves, can I see you."

"Sure," Hawk replied. She turned to the boy she had been sitting with since the first day of school. "I'll just be a moment."

"Okay," he whispered.

Hawk walked to her desk. "Where are you staying?"

"Rogue, Kai, and I are staying together at an abandoned shack. Rogue works as a florist- I think she misses your garden- and makes enough money for the groceries. I work at a stables, which gives me enough for the phone bills. Kai is an entertainer on the streets and pays for the extras. We're doin' fine."

"Kai is living with you?" Storm asked with particular interest.

Hawk gave her a shocked look, and blushed. "Kai is someone I met in Orlando. He rescued me from some thugs, and said that he would like to meet you guys. I uh... sort of read your mind of where you were going... so I managed to manipulate the registration and put down my false name."

"Hawk," Storm growled.

"I better go, bye." As soon as she reached Kai, she grabbed his arm. "Let's go."

"What's wrong?" he asked, looking back at Storm.

"I'm in trouble."

"Why?"

"Can we not get into this now?"

"Sure. But you're going to tell me later."

"Okay."

After that they were gone. Storm shook her head.

X

After all the kids were gone from the school, the beast stalked forward. That witch was all his.

X

Storm walked into the parking lot on the phone. "Yeah, I'm on my way home now. Do you want me to stop by the store for anything?"

"No. I'm just need to finish something over here, and I'll be making dinner."

"Oooh, that sounds nice. What are you making?"

"I was thinking your favorite."

"Logan, you are such a romantic."

"And a good one at that."

Storm laughed as she put her things in the trunk. "I'll see you at dinner."

"Bye, darlin'."

"Bye, Logan." Storm hung up the phone and walked over to the driver's side of the truck, humming 'Ever Ever After' by Carrie Underwood. As soon as she closed the door, she adjusted the rear view mirror, and gasped. A hand clamped her mouth shut, and a claw went across her throat. Storm froze, breathing heavily.

"Surprised to see me?"

Storm didn't dare move.

"If you don't want to leave a school full of children without a teacher and your husband without a wife, I'd do as you were told."

X

Logan had the dinner table set and dinner ready by six-thirty. He waited by the door the way he usually did when he wanted to ambush Storm. After about an hour, Logan stored dinner into the leftovers. Storm would've called if she was working late. But, when he last talked to her, she said she was on her way home. So what on earth was taking so long.

There was movement in the kitchen. Logan slowly crept up to the doorway. "What do you want?... Well, there's eggs, and the usual but we need something they won't notice or miss... Uh... looks like... ooohh, spaghetti and tomato sauce. Want me to take it? It certainly looks fresh... Hey, it wasn't me who got fired... look we just need enough until you get a job..."

Logan had heard enough. He jumped into the room, claws out. The kid screamed. Turns out it was Hawk. "What are you doing here?" he demanded.

"Uh...I-uh... nothing."

"Then what's that behind your back?"

"Nothing."

"Smells like spaghetti."

Hawk put the container back into the fridge. "Rogue, I'm gonna kill ya."

"She told you to do this?"

"It was either me or Kai, and Kai's out trying to make extra."

"Uh-huh. You wouldn't know where 'Ro was, would ya?"

"On her way home."

"That was over an hour ago. We live fifteen minutes from the school."

"I know, Logan, the shack I live in with Rogue and Kai is a five minute walk."

"Then where the heck is she?"

X

Sabretooth watched the sleeping goddess. She would be up soon, and then, she would be his.





You must login () to review.