Rogue and Kai were eating McDonald's when Hawk got home. "Oh, and I had to go out and play bait?"

Rogue looked up. "I had no idea he was going to do it."

"I got you two," Kai said enticingly.

Hawk looked at him for a moment. "Okay, I forgive you."

There was a loud roar from somewhere. Rogue and Hawk looked at each other, then went to the near by window. There was a crash, and then... nothing.

Hawk didn't bother to reach out with her telepathy. She and Rogue both knew who it was.

CW

Storm heard a door burst open in the house. Sabretooth dressed in a flash, but then jumped on her again, and clamped his hand over her mouth; shushing her quietly.

The door to the room was kicked open a moment later. Logan walked in, looking at Storm in shock and anger. Storm looked away from him in shame.

Sabretooth laughed. "Too afraid to even look at your own husband now."

Now that Logan was in the room, she couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

CW

When he saw Storm, Logan was infuriated. Sabretooth had just crossed the line, and there was no way he was going to get away with it.

In a flash, he bowled Sabretooth over, crashing into a nearby dresser. Then Logan stood up, claws extended. He was only going to give Sabretooth one chance to leave.

For once, Sabretooth actually did the smart thing left- even if he did leave with a smirk. If Storm had not been the way she was, Logan would have gone further. But, she needed him now.

He approached her slowly, but it looked like Sabretooth sucked the fight out of her. Slowly, he freed her from her restraints.

When she was free, she cried, and then passed out from exhaustion. Logan picked her up, and carried her out. Their truck was right in front of the shack. He laid her down in the back, and drove back to their cabin. Then he carried her to their room, laying her down gently on the bed.

He got a bowl of water and gently washed her wrists, which were rubbed raw.

Slowly, he went up her arms to get all of her scratches. When he was done, he could do nothing more, but wait.

After about an hour, she stirred. "'Ro?" he asked, leaning over to her.

"Logan," she said weakly. Then her eyes became wide with fear, and her breathing increased rapidly.

As if knowing what she was thinking, Logan reached for her and stroked her cheek; wiping the tears from her eyes. She tensed, which was understandable. "It's okay, Storm, he's gone."

Storm started to cry again. Logan's heart broke at seeing her in so much pain. He slowly brought her close, and placed his chin on her head.

Storm's muscles bunched up in protest, but they relaxed a moment later. Logan savored the moment. This was probably the last time he was going to be able to do this for awhile.





You must login () to review.